Start by marking “Crystal” as Want to Read:
Crystal

Crystal

3.72  ·  Rating details ·  1,292 Ratings  ·  66 Reviews
A glittering and sexy story of passion and betrayal and one woman's search for true love.

Crystal is beautiful, talented and ambitious. All her life she has dreamed of making it as a singer. After years of trying to break into the music industry her chance finally comes when her girl band enters a TV reality show contest.

But Crystal has a secret. She's fallen for the wrong
Published November 1st 2007 by Arrow

To ask other readers questions about Crystal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crystal

Natalie Walker
Feb 14, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I very much enjoyed this Book, Another great book from Katie Price. Which in itself is beyond amazing. I for one didn't know she could even spell?? lol Good Book over all, a must read.
Krystal
Nov 01, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
What an utter load of crap. No idea what the target audience is here because the storyline is simple and feels more appropriate for the tween market, but there's far too much blunt swearing, vulgar, sexual language and generally promiscuous behaviour for that! It's no original idea - it's 'American Idol' written from the viewpoint of a contestant, only with a far less interesting back story and way too much cliched, love triangle romance. I am ashamed to share a name with this main character - s ...more
Rei
Sep 02, 2012 rated it liked it
OBVIOUSLY she didn't write this, as I don't think she has an original creative bone in her being, and I'm not a fan of the... woman, at all but the ghost writer did a good job.

Picked it up when I had a quid to spare and was mildly -very mildly- surprised. The writing is very childish using loads of brackets in my opinion (because they look liked they forgot something, like this for example.) But the story is an easy read, obvious storyline, but easy to follow.

The characters were typical and atte
Redfox5
Sep 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
I liked Crystal more than Angel. The story as well as the character because apart from at the start where she was sleeping with her mates boyfriend, she was a little less selfish than Angel was. I liked that Jez was in the book. I like when authors cross over characters. Angel even makes an apperence. I'm not sure I would have been so forgiving towards Jake and even though the book description is very different. I had him pictured as this guy:

Think it must have been to do with his personality as
Em
Feb 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I thought it was amazing. Katie price is an amazing author. infact i own every fiction book that she has ever written. They look stunning on my book shelf. Crystal follows a similar style to angel. It demonstrates the perfect world (or un-perfect) of being a pop star. I love the world that katie creates, the glamorous world of modelling, acting, singing, being a footballers wife. I absolutely 100 percent reccomend all of katies books, somehow they are all intergrated through characters which is ...more
Eve Hatton
Oct 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
This book was amazing! It wasn't as predictable as similar books I've read and was full of twists I just wasn't expecting! This is the first of Katie Price's books that I've read and now I am so excited to read the others!

Crystal is one third of girl band Lost Angels who enter a talent show band ambition (basically X factor) and their lives change forever. Crystal learns the hard way that once you are famous it is hard to trust anyone and she finds herself the centre of some very nasty stories.
Alice Percival
May 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014, katie-price
I recently reread this book whilst I was in hospital and, as usual with Katie Price's books, I got sucked in and found myself wanting to be a part of the story.
I have read a number of her books and have enjoyed them all as I find that her books are easy to read and I like books which I can easily get lost in without requiring too much thought on my part!
I like that Katie weaves the characters from her other novels into each one, I think it makes the stories feel more real and I am always left wa
Alice Rose
Jun 03, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-lit, romance
Crystal is yet another fun celebrity-filled romp from Katie Price. In Angel we had Angel Summer, who made it big time as a model. This one features Crystal, whose girl band wins a TV talent competition and achieve global fame overnight.

I didn't quite enjoy Crystal as much as Angel; obviously the book is littered with cliches and I couldn't quite connect with the main character. I think I preferred the character of Tahlia and would have liked to read a whole book about her! Katie's books always l
Georgina Ball
Jul 30, 2010 rated it liked it
A nice story. Easy to read, easy to follow, a little predictible, ok, quite predictable, but a nice chick-lit read. I think Katie is reliving a lot of the experiences from her own life in this book and it contains information which only someone like her, i.e. a celebrity, would know, which makes it quite interesting for us ordinary folk. It's a fun book, it'll make you laugh once or twice and *may* move you to tears depending on your own disposition. Would I re-read this book? No. But would I re ...more
Karianne Brown
Oct 11, 2015 rated it liked it
Katie writes what she knows, this isn't necessarily a bad thing, but can feel a bit lazy writing at times. You won't dislike the characters but you won't like them enough to care what happens. It's lack a certain something, and maybe if it were written under a pseudonym or by another author it would be easier to separate it from Katie's own life.
I liked it, but left it behind on holiday for the next person to read.
  • Honeycote (Honeycote, #1)
  • Wish Upon a Star
  • The Celebrity Shopper (Annie Valentine, #4)
  • Sadie
  • Naked Truths
  • Happy Ever After
  • Blood Brothers
  • The Self-Preservation Society
  • Kaitlyn
  • Through My Eyes
  • Players
  • S hlavou v oblacích (pejru)
  • Jade: Fighting to the End: My Autobiography 1981–2009
  • Queen of the Mersey
  • King of the City
  • Tainted Lives
  • Glamour
  • Promise Me Forever (Pomise Me, #4)
Born as Katie Infield in Brighton, East Sussex, England on May 22 1978, I changed my last name to Price when my mother Amy remarried. I have an older brother, Daniel, and a younger sister, Sophie.

Although I had many interests when I was younger, a friend suggested that I should pursue a modeling career. So I sent a few shots to an agency and was taken on. I attended loads of castings, had my fair
More about Katie Price...