Start by marking “Pleasures of Somerville Park (Somerville Park, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Pleasures of Somerville Park (Somerville Park, #1.5)

Read Book

Pleasures of Somerville Park

(Somerville Park #1.5)

3.6  ·  Rating details ·  788 Ratings  ·  62 Reviews
A free short sequel to Object of His Desire .

Arsen Grey, Marquis of Somerville, knows very well he is not needed in London. A visit from his youngest brother does nothing to change his mind. All he wants is to remain at his country estate with Henry Shaw.

After days of going over documents, Arsen is more than ready for his brother to depart for London in the morning. He
Published September 2010 by Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about Pleasures of Somerville Park, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pleasures of Somerville Park

Ryoma Gartre
Loved it as much as the first, it was good to see the guys eight months after the ending of the first book, good, happy, and so in love with each other.
Ami

This is a FREE short (only about 20 pages) following up the novella Object of His Desire; eight months after Henry Shaw moving in with his lover, Lord Arsen Grey, Marquis of Somerville, Arsen's brother comes to visit. Henry thinks that his lover finally have to return to London - which means the end of their relationship because Henry refuses to see Arsen taking other lovers (as expected from his position). Little does he know that Arsen has no intention to leave his side.

I thought this
Vfields Don't touch my happy!
Yes, it was short but I have to say Ava March is one the few writers who can write something this short and still absolutely gratifying. It was good to see my men.
Charly
Apr 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Needs to be read with Object of His Desire

Warning: This review might contain what some people consider SPOILERS.

Rating: 7/10

PROS:
- I read this immediately after its predecessor, Object of His Desire, and I saw no unnecessary overlap at all. The two go well together.
- The sex scene is hot and has some touches of sweetness as well.

CON:
- There’s not much here. Only 65% of the file is story (the rest is advertisements), and you get almost no insight into the men’s background unless you’ve read the
Beck
A sweet little epilogue of Arsen & Henry ... a 10 minute peek at their relationship & how they are continuing to cement their relationship in the country rather than brave the vagaries of London society.
Funzee Shu

*** 2.5 stars round up ***

Not much to tell...
A bit just so-so for me, but the sex still hot...but not that bad either, cuz I do enjoying it.
Miralinda
Mar 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Короткое продолжение Объекта его желаний
Chris
Sep 10, 2010 rated it really liked it
Very good short historical m/m romance following up on Arsen and Henry from Object of His Desire.
Dina
4 1/2 stars (rounded up to 5 stars because I still adore Henry!)
Asynia
May 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm-romance
I loved myself a little more of Henry and Arsen, and this short follow-up to Object of His Desire fulfilled my expectations. I would have wanted more, but this was really the place to leave our charming couple to their own devices and a long, happy life ahead of them.
Sandy N
Dec 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Short, sexy, novella.
Ingrid Hall
Jul 18, 2013 rated it liked it
Ava March describes herself as being an author of smoking hot M/M historical erotic romances. She says she loves writing in the Regency time period, where proper decorum is of the utmost importance, but where anything can happen behind closed doors.

She is published with Carina Press, Amber Allure, Loose Id, Riptide Publishing, and Samhain Publishing.

Pleasures of Somerville Park is a short story involving the aristocratic Lord Arsen and his lover Henry. The love and affection between the two men
L-D
This was a free online read that follows Ava March's novella Object of His Desire. I thought this was a great follow-up short and of course, I love the fact that it was free. Not enough authors understand the value of free online shorts for their readers. Such a small thing to make us fans for life :)

Henry and Arsen are living out in the country after Arsen successfully wooed Henry to live with him. Arsen's brother Emmett is visiting and encouraging Arsen to return to London for the start of the
JJ
Apr 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm-romance
Moving historical love affair. A short but sweet story about an English Lord Arsen and his young lover Henry. The story begins at a transition point in their relationship when Henry believes he'll loose Arsen to London and his aristocratic family. This is one of the few stories I've read where the couple was already in a relationship at the beginning. Even so, the sex scene is amazing, and the threat to their love tugs on your heart. Although, I'm not certain of the time period, it felt like thi ...more
Kay
May 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
I picked up this free short story after beginning to read *All in with the Duke* and wanting to read more from this author. Ava March really has a flair for heartfelt romances between Regency Era men. These stories are great to relax with since they always turn out happy in the end (as romances should :) )

This was a great taster for this series and makes me want to get introduced to these characters in a fuller novel in the future after I read through some of the other books I picked up. Really
Susana
Aug 09, 2015 rated it liked it
A follow up story on Arsen and Henry, The Pleasures of Somerville Park takes place eight months after the events at Object of His Desire. Henry’s happiness shatters when a visit by his younger brother reminds Arsen of his duties in London. Convinced that he is going to leave him, Henry decides to be the first in leaving, thus saving his heart another ache. But Arsen does not consider going back to London, although it is going to take some hot sex to convince his young lover of his true feelings… ...more
Kukko
Main Characters: Henry Shaw & Arsen Grey, Marquis of Somerville
Key Themes: In the Closet
Location: Durham, England

Short (35 pgs) and sexy sequel to Object of His Desire (Somerville Park, #1) by Ava March.

Eight months into Henry and Arsen's relationship, and Henry is still annoyingly insecure.....

Rikki
Oct 14, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, glbt
This is a short and free sequel to Object of his desire, which I really liked. Is is only around fifteen pages and is a short glimpse into Henry and Arsen's life eight months after they got together. Mostly from Arsen's POV and pretty sweet.

Why some people complain about it being too short or not providing enough characterization is beyond me. This is a FREE read, for Christ's sake! And only meant as a follow-up to the other book. If you have not read that one, don't read this one.
3.5 Stars

I read the prequel to this over a year ago when I first discovered Ava March and it continues to be one of my favorite M/M romances. So I was really excited to see Arsen and Henry's story continue even in a little snippet like this. I love when authors take familiar tropes and give them a nice twist which is what March does with this duo. Plus plenty of hot love scenes as expected from Ava March!

Purchased for free from All Romance on July 7, 2013.
CaroleHeidi
Jul 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Well written and with enough character depth that I could believe that the full novels would be readable and enjoyable. The only issue I had with the whole thing was that one of the main characters was called ‘Arsen- which is a bit unfortunate given how much the word ‘arse’ tends to crop up in books of this nature.
Joan Haughton
Dec 14, 2014 rated it it was ok
The continuation of Henry and Austin's story. Like the first book it was just okay to me. For a relationship that was already eight months in length, the connection between the men did not seem real. The book was just okay to me.
Alistar
Jul 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
IX. Fantastic read, I thought this was the first book and so glad that "Object of his Desire" was written. Thought that Ms. March is a grammatically gifted writer, I don't recall any grammatical issue with the book.
Kelly
Dec 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
A naughty little romp between two discerning gentlemen. At least I think they're discerning. Anyway. I liked it. Short and sweet and intriguing enough that I'm eyeballing book 1 in the series now.

-Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal
Lenna  Wright-Berry
Mar 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Second story the the mini series pleasures of somervill park, it was a great stand alone but I would have liked to read the first part to get the characters backgrounds
Camille
Apr 30, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2011, m-m-romance
Free short sequel to Object of His Desire.

Angela
Sep 22, 2014 marked it as tbr-lost-interest  ·  review of another edition
22 September 2014: $0.00 FREE on Kindle
Sue bowdley
Sep 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
bit short but good x
Heather C
It's 8 months later and I guess the two guys are questioning that "this" will last forever. Also, covers the span of one night with some hot stable sex.
Lala
3.5 stars.

Liked this bonus more than the book itself.
Sophia
Aug 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
The first of Ava March's stories I'd ever read. She must be doing something right given how many of her books I've gone on to read :)
  • Seducing Stephen
  • The Only Gold
  • An Improper Holiday
  • Beguiled (Enlightenment, #2)
  • Heatstroke
  • Fuzzy (First Impressions, #2)
  • Whiskey Dreams (Sleepy Hollow, #1)
  • Hot in Here (Perfect Timing #3.5)
  • Captain's Surrender
  • Like the Taste of Summer
  • Interlude with Tattoos (A Charm of Magpies, #1.5)
  • A Private Gentleman
  • The Lion of Kent
  • The Stable Boy
  • Be My Boy
  • The Break-In
  • The Desire for Dearborne
Ava March is a bestselling author of sexy, emotionally intense M/M historical erotic romances. She loves writing in the Regency time period, where proper decorum is of the utmost importance, but where anything can happen behind closed doors. With over fifteen works to her credit, her books have been finalists in the Rainbow Awards and More Than Magic contest, and deemed ‘must-haves’ for Historical ...more

Somerville Park (1 books)
  • Object of His Desire (Somerville Park, #1)