Start by marking “CAD Monkeys, Dinosaur Babies, and T-Shaped People: Inside the World of Design Thinking and How It Can Spark Creativity and Innovati on” as Want to Read:

An illuminating journey through today's fascinating world of design.

What can we learn from the ways great designers think-and how can it improve our lives? In CAD Monkeys, Dinosaur Babies, and T-Shaped People Warren Berger, in collaboration with celebrated designer Bruce Mau, revolutionizes our understanding of design and unlocks the secrets of the trade. Looking to the c
Published December 28th 2010 by Penguin Books (first published September 24th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about CAD Monkeys, Dinosaur Babies, and T-Shaped People, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about CAD Monkeys, Dinosaur Babies, and T-Shaped People

Mikaila
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I would recommend this book to anyone interested in experience design.
Benjamin Wallsten
May 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Original review taken from my blog, The Virtuosos.

CAD Monkeys, Dinosaur Babies, and T-Shaped People: Inside the World of Design Thinking and How It Can Spark Creativity and Innovation, by Warren Berger, had been sitting on the floor at the foot of my bookshelves – I’ve run out of room on the shelves so new books get put into prioritized piles on the floor – for a good six months before I finally got around to reading it. Despite its sometimes obvious advice, I’m sad that I didn’t pick it up soon
Eric
Aug 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
A welcome surprise, and proof that maybe non-designers should write about design more often. While the stories here would be familiar to any somewhat informed person in the design field, Berger tells them in such a clear and compelling manner that even a seasoned (and skeptical) designer like myself gleaned new and inspiring insights. If you want a crash course in the present state of design and all its methods, I can't think of a better introduction for the novice or voyeur, not to mention a gr ...more
Jeff
Jan 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is the type of book I don't read often enough. A book that relates directly to my work and the whole process of thinking creatively. This is a paperback edition of the hardcover book Glimmer.

I highly recommend this book to anyone who has to think creatively on his job, which I would think is just about anyone.
Theodore Kinni
Jan 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
A wonderfully written, story-driven exploration of the basic principles of design thinking and how they are being applied in the real world. This is the paperback; it was orginally published in hardcover and titled Glimmer.
Stephanie
Jan 22, 2015 rated it it was ok
An interesting read but it focuses on the same companies/designers so much that it almost reads like a giant advertisement. I read it for a class about design thinking and innovation so it was fitting...I just can't help but think that it was needlessly long/repetitive.
Aimee
Jul 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: art-and-design
Inspiring thoughts on problem-solving and encouragement to just do it...start anywhere.
Brock Ray
Jul 05, 2015 rated it liked it
Well-written, but not really for designers. It's more of a celebration of design thinking than a particularly useful guide to the subject.
KC
Jul 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013, non-fiction
I highlighted in this book. Yes, I did. I'm still a little shocked. But it may turn out that this book will shape my future. Utterly fascinating.
Jenny
Jul 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Inspiring but ambiguous, sprinkled through with some fairly loose examples but reads more like a manifesto. Would love to see this more prescriptive than descriptive.
Andy Tischaefer
Feb 26, 2011 rated it liked it
Really good survey of design principles and designers. Inspiring, if you are the type to be inspired by such things.
Amy
Dec 27, 2012 rated it liked it
Requested this for Christmas - saw Warren speak a couple of years ago. Looking forward to it
Khang Nguyen
Jan 19, 2016 rated it it was ok
Pretty informative, but nothing more than that
Ken Abrams
Andrea
Feb 03, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• White
  • The Golden Theme: How to Make Your Writing Appeal to the Highest Common Denominator
  • Discussing Design: Improving Communication and Collaboration through Critique
  • Analyzing Performance Problems: Or, You Really Oughta Wanna--How to Figure out Why People Aren't Doing What They Should Be, and What to do About It
  • Exposing the Magic of Design: A Practitioner's Guide to the Methods and Theory of Synthesis
  • Thoughtless Acts?: Observations on Intuitive Design
  • Org Design for Design Orgs: Building and Managing In-House Design Teams
  • Cirque Du Soleil: The Spark: Igniting the Creative Fire That Lives Within Us All
  • Practical Empathy
  • X: The Experience When Business Meets Design
  • Lean Out: The Struggle for Gender Equality in Tech and Start-Up Culture
  • Let's Get Real or Let's Not Play: Transforming the Buyer/Seller Relationship
  • Classic Penguin: Cover to Cover
  • Leap First: Creating Work That Matters
  • Performing Under Pressure: The Science of Doing Your Best When It Matters Most
  • Sketching User Experiences:  Getting the Design Right and the Right Design
  • Design for How People Learn
  • Reinventing Comics: How Imagination and Technology Are Revolutionizing an Art Form
I’m an author and speaker on innovation, creativity, and the power of questioning. I invite fellow curious thinkers to join me in exploring the power of inquiry to spark breakthrough ideas on my questioning site. My latest book is THE BOOK OF BEAUTIFUL QUESTIONS, a follow up to the bestselling A MORE BEAUTIFUL QUESTION, both published by Bloomsbury Worldwide.