Start by marking “CAD Monkeys, Dinosaur Babies, and T-Shaped People: Inside the World of Design Thinking and How It Can Spark Creativity and Innovati on” as Want to Read:

3.95  ·  Rating Details  ·  93 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
An illuminating journey through today's fascinating world of design.

What can we learn from the ways great designers think-and how can it improve our lives? In CAD Monkeys, Dinosaur Babies, and T-Shaped People Warren Berger, in collaboration with celebrated designer Bruce Mau, revolutionizes our understanding of design and unlocks the secrets of the trade. Looking to the
Published December 28th 2010 by Penguin Books (first published September 24th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about CAD Monkeys, Dinosaur Babies, and T-Shaped People, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about CAD Monkeys, Dinosaur Babies, and T-Shaped People

Benjamin Wallsten
Jun 05, 2014 Benjamin Wallsten rated it it was amazing
Original review taken from my blog, The Virtuosos.

CAD Monkeys, Dinosaur Babies, and T-Shaped People: Inside the World of Design Thinking and How It Can Spark Creativity and Innovation, by Warren Berger, had been sitting on the floor at the foot of my bookshelves – I’ve run out of room on the shelves so new books get put into prioritized piles on the floor – for a good six months before I finally got around to reading it. Despite its sometimes obvious advice, I’m sad that I didn’t pick it up soon
Theodore Kinni
Jan 20, 2016 Theodore Kinni rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
A wonderfully written, story-driven exploration of the basic principles of design thinking and how they are being applied in the real world. This is the paperback; it was orginally published in hardcover and titled Glimmer.
Jenny Fan
Jul 21, 2014 Jenny Fan rated it really liked it
Inspiring but ambiguous, sprinkled through with some fairly loose examples but reads more like a manifesto. Would love to see this more prescriptive than descriptive.
Khang Nguyen
Jan 19, 2016 Khang Nguyen rated it it was ok
Pretty informative, but nothing more than that
Eric
Aug 29, 2011 Eric rated it really liked it
A welcome surprise, and proof that maybe non-designers should write about design more often. While the stories here would be familiar to any somewhat informed person in the design field, Berger tells them in such a clear and compelling manner that even a seasoned (and skeptical) designer like myself gleaned new and inspiring insights. If you want a crash course in the present state of design and all its methods, I can't think of a better introduction for the novice or voyeur, not to mention a gr ...more
Jeff
Feb 12, 2012 Jeff rated it really liked it
This is the type of book I don't read often enough. A book that relates directly to my work and the whole process of thinking creatively. This is a paperback edition of the hardcover book Glimmer.

I highly recommend this book to anyone who has to think creatively on his job, which I would think is just about anyone.
Stephanie
Mar 26, 2015 Stephanie rated it it was ok
An interesting read but it focuses on the same companies/designers so much that it almost reads like a giant advertisement. I read it for a class about design thinking and innovation so it was fitting...I just can't help but think that it was needlessly long/repetitive.
KC
Aug 15, 2013 KC rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, 2013
I highlighted in this book. Yes, I did. I'm still a little shocked. But it may turn out that this book will shape my future. Utterly fascinating.
Brock Ray
Sep 06, 2015 Brock Ray rated it liked it
Well-written, but not really for designers. It's more of a celebration of design thinking than a particularly useful guide to the subject.
Andy Tischaefer
Feb 26, 2011 Andy Tischaefer rated it liked it
Really good survey of design principles and designers. Inspiring, if you are the type to be inspired by such things.
Amy
Dec 27, 2012 Amy rated it liked it
Requested this for Christmas - saw Warren speak a couple of years ago. Looking forward to it
Aimee
Jul 11, 2012 Aimee rated it really liked it
Shelves: art-and-design
Inspiring thoughts on problem-solving and encouragement to just do it...start anywhere.
Malik Balogun
Malik Balogun marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2016
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2016
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2016
Charlotte
Charlotte marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2016
Samyak Bagra
Samyak Bagra is currently reading it
Jul 21, 2016
Brandon
Brandon marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2016
Renee Zipp
Renee Zipp marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2016
Delaney
Delaney marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2016
Alina Di-bella
Alina Di-bella marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2016
Stuart
Stuart marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2016
Mercedes Ballard
Mercedes Ballard marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2016
Constanza
Constanza marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2016
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
May 11, 2016
Tricia Louras
Tricia Louras marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2016
Alex R
Alex R is currently reading it
Apr 17, 2016
  • White
  • The Golden Theme: How to Make Your Writing Appeal to the Highest Common Denominator
  • Let's Get Real or Let's Not Play: Transforming the Buyer/Seller Relationship
  • Cirque Du Soleil: The Spark: Igniting the Creative Fire That Lives Within Us All
  • Reinventing Comics: How Imagination and Technology Are Revolutionizing an Art Form
  • Co-Active Coaching: New Skills for Coaching People Toward Success in Work and, Life
  • Visual Storytelling: Inspiring a New Visual Language
  • Just Enough Research
  • 6 Months to 6 Figures
  • The Perfect House: A Journey with the Renaissance Master Andrea Palladio
  • Hoopla
  • The Amazing Story of Quantum Mechanics: A Math-Free Exploration of the Science that Made Our World
  • The Book Of Gossage
  • The Portable Coach: 28 Sure Fire Strategies For Business And Personal Success
  • Architecture Depends
  • Let's Bring Back: An Encyclopedia of Forgotten-Yet-Delightful, Chic, Useful, Curious, and Otherwise Commendable Things from Times Gone By
  • Zero-Resistance Selling: Achieve Extraordinary Sales Results Using World Renowned techqs Psycho Cyberneti
  • Marijuana Myths, Marijuana Facts: A Review of the Scientific Evidence
I’m an author and speaker on innovation, creativity, and the power of questioning. I invite fellow curious thinkers to join me in exploring the power of inquiry to spark breakthrough ideas on my questioning site. My latest book is A MORE BEAUTIFUL QUESTION, published by Bloomsbury Worldwide.
More about Warren Berger...