Start by marking “Enemy of My Enemy (Star Trek: Voyager; Spirit Walk, #2)” as Want to Read:
Enemy of My Enemy (Star Trek: Voyager; Spirit Walk, #2)

Enemy of My Enemy (Star Trek: Voyager: Spirit Walk #2)

The eagerly awaited continuation of OLD WOUNDS!

Captain Chakotay and his sister, Sekaya, are being held captive beneath the surface of Loran II by a Changeling -- an outcast Founder masquerading as Chakotay's second-in-command, Andrew Ellis. To Chakotay's horror, the Changeling gives the two prisoners over to the infamous Cardassian scientist Crell Moset, who plans to u

Published November 30th 2004 by Pocket Books

To ask other readers questions about Enemy of My Enemy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Enemy of My Enemy

Shadowdenizen
Mar 03, 2016 Shadowdenizen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: startrek
3.5 stars (rounded down.)

While I like the so-called "Relaunches" of both DS9 and Voyager, this duology left me cold. (Chakotay has always been my least favorite of the Voyager case, and it's not even close.)

But, especially after the "Homecoming" duology [which left me craving more], this series really had nothing to recommend it for me.
Erica
Sep 27, 2016 Erica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really like this continuation to Spirit Walk. I think it's a great book that has depth to it. I love the way it deals with human nature, deception, friendship and spirituality. And, as usually, Christie Golden writes the story and the characters beautifully.

Three of them there were now; his cultural Self, his Starfleet Self and the Maquis. Traditionalist, adventurer, rebel. He was all of these. Janeway, too, was more than one aspect of her personality. They were all Changelings, in their way,
Cheryl
Oct 26, 2013 Cheryl rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The best part was when Wesley Crusher was mentioned for no apparent reason.
Adam
Feb 08, 2017 Adam rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fantastic Star Trek sci-fi novel.

One of the highlights for me, is that the author tied in a lot of the current events of that time into the story. Little Easter eggs from DS9, next generation and of course, voyager.

From a fans perspective, I really enjoyed reading about the progressions of the main cast from the series. The plot lines were realistic and believable.

Recommend.
Sharon
This is a continuation of the Story Enemy of My Enemy. Once again if you don't care for spiritual themes in Star Trek you might not want to read this but as it is an integral part of Chakotay's character I have no problem with it.

Chakotay and his sister have been taken prisoner and are subjected to experiments. Janeway apparently still considers herself as Tom's mentor and begins to groom him in the ways of diplomacy by ordering him to be her guest at an event as she attempts to convince a worl
Daniel
Oct 25, 2012 Daniel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book finishes the "Spirit Walk" story and is a continuation of the storylines established following the Homecoming novel. In "Enemy of My Enemy" we discover why Moset and the Changeling are so very interested in Chakotay and his sister. The book, is very... spiritual in nature. Towards the end, it becomes a "mind and body are one" type of book where a scientist, of all people, has to make a leap of faith and understand that the two are linked, which should be obvious. Most of the book is sp ...more
Jimyanni
Oct 10, 2012 Jimyanni rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-trek
This book does a fair job of finishing the story "begun" in "Old Wounds", although really that book was itself a continuation of "Homecoming" and "The Farther Shore". I would not recommend reading this book unless you've read all of those, but if you have, you'll probably need to read this one in order to finally get something resembling a conclusion. The book is reasonably well-written, although there were points when the plot seemed a bit trite, and others where it was difficult to suspend dis ...more
Ebenezer Scrooge
Feb 08, 2017 Ebenezer Scrooge rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not Bad.
Nathan Burgoine
Well, as far as the Star Trek: Voyager books go, I'm starting to get a little frustrated. While this had an admirable A-plot (a changeling, the return of Krell Moset, etc), the B-stories are starting to annoy the crap out of me. I'm finding the Trill doctor annoying (have we not done the whole 'past life becoming too dominant' thing with Jadzia and Ezri already?) and the new counsellor drives me crazy (she comes off like a child, not a counsellor). Ugh. I dunno. Even the Torres/Paris' child plot ...more
Todd R
Sep 08, 2013 Todd R rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: trek, trek-voy
I wanted to give this 4 stars but the last few chapters cemented a 3. Really enjoyed the characters and the Janeway affair. Some of the New Agey spirituality was just as cheesily presented here as in the Voyager episodes forcing me to skim through it pretty quickly.

Overall the two book series was a fast read. Christie Golden usually does a fine job of getting to the parts that matter and keeping out what doesn't.
Sabine
Aug 31, 2014 Sabine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
2. Teil von Chakotays erster Mission als Kapitän der Voyager. Zusammen mit seiner Schwester Sekaya ist er in die Hände eines Wechselbalgs gelangt und dieser gibt sich nun als Chakotay aus - das hat natürlich schwerwiegende Folgen. Doch Kim und Tom retten mit Hilfe des taffen Admirals Janeway die Voyager erneut.

Wieder einmal superspannend was Christie Golden hier niedergeschrieben hat. Und der nächste Band in der langersehnten deutschen Übersetzung folgt im Oktober.

Angela
The Captain has been kidnapped, and been replaced by a changeling who cannot change much. The crew are suspicious and involve Janeway in their scheme. This is a direct follow up to Spirit Walk 1, so you need to read that first. It's a decent story but does not have the wow factor the previous volume had. All plot lines are nicely completed, including the Trill one. A good read.
Fraser Coltman
These are my junk food reads. On one of the episodes of Voyager two of the characters were caught up in a 20th century soap opera, wanting to know what would happen next to the people in the story. I guess I'm about the same with my interest in these novels.
Heather Mac
Another SUUUUUCK. Seriously, Harry Kim suddenly becoming chief of security? With absolutely no training, after he'd become chief of operations right out of the Academy? Why move him to another department?
gerald chalker
Oct 21, 2016 gerald chalker rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good

Very good read keeps your interest all the way through the story hope that there is a follow-up book soon

Amanda
Oct 06, 2008 Amanda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-trek
Great story. It left some things open for more books. I hope that the relaunch of Voyager will continue...
Kristen
May 04, 2014 Kristen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi, star-trek, 2014
This one had more action. Fun!
Richard
Pretty good plot... Just wished it had been one continuous book!
Benjamin Plume
Not bad. Works just as well as part one.
Deanna
Feb 06, 2011 Deanna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG!!!! Loved it! First one was a little bit better though. I loved the ending WAY Better on this one.
Robert Lewter
Jul 31, 2014 Robert Lewter rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Always a good read.
Karl Schaeffer
Good quick star trek read. Not a bad story, even though I didn't read Book 1. I'm not as invested in the Voyager storyline as I am in the original series, TNG & DS9.
Fate's Lady
Sep 23, 2016 Fate's Lady rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi
The interesting conclusion to a two part series, this did leave some questions unanswered in the end, but it was a good ride.
Jenn
May 05, 2014 Jenn rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Just plain awful.
Liz
Liz rated it liked it
Jan 05, 2010
Diane
Diane rated it really liked it
Sep 20, 2008
Paul Griggs
Paul Griggs rated it really liked it
Jan 07, 2015
Omarron Mcfarland
Omarron Mcfarland rated it really liked it
Oct 14, 2015
Michael
Michael rated it it was amazing
Nov 19, 2012
Darren
Darren rated it it was amazing
Jun 14, 2012
  • Full Circle (Star Trek: Voyager)
  • Evolution (Star Trek Voyager: String Theory, #3)
  • Cohesion (Star Trek Voyager: String Theory, #1)
  • The Nanotech War (Star Trek Voyager #39)
  • Q & A (Star Trek The Next Generation)
  • Distant Shores: A Tenth-Anniversary Celebration (Star Trek: Voyager)
  • Trill and Bajor (Worlds of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Vol. 2)
  • Echos (Star Trek Voyager, #15)
  • The Dominion and Ferenginar (Worlds of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #3)
  • The Black Shore (Star Trek Voyager, #13)
  • The Garden (Star Trek Voyager, #11)
  • Pathways (Star Trek: Voyager)
  • Greater than the Sum (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
  • Cardassia and Andor (Worlds of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #1)
  • Chrysalis (Star Trek Voyager, #12)
  • Cybersong (Star Trek Voyager, #8)
  • Section 31: Abyss (Star Trek: Sector 31, #3)
  • Avatar Book Two (Star Trek Deep Space Nine)
Award-winning author Christie Golden has written over thirty novels and several short stories in the fields of science fiction, fantasy and horror. She has over a million books in print.

2009 will see no fewer than three novels published. First out in late April will be a World of Warcraft novel, Athas: Rise of the Lich King. This is the first Warcraft novel to appear in hardcover. Fans of the youn
More about Christie Golden...

Star Trek: Voyager: Spirit Walk (2 books)
  • Spirit Walk (Star Trek: Voyager; Spirit Walk, #1)