Start by marking “Chugga-Chugga Choo-Choo” as Want to Read:
Chugga-Chugga Choo-Choo

Chugga-Chugga Choo-Choo

Come along for the ride as a busy toy locomotive makes its rounds through a bustling playroom. Featuring rhyming couplets and bright, bold illustrations, this story is sure to be a hit with young train lovers.
Published May 5th 1999 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 1999)

Start your review of Chugga-Chugga Choo-Choo
Jeffrey
Sep 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Parents to read to kids
great book to read to the kids. There is a cute story, but by the time we stopped reading it I was so tired of it, I think I hid it under the bed. There are cute hidden pictures to challenge your kids to find. So if you want a good book to read to your kids -- this is it but BEWARE. YOU MIGHT READ IT 100 TIMES TOO.
Darcy Leech
Jan 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Written in rhyming iambic pentameter, I have sang this song in a sing-song voice, as a rap, like an opera and read with many different tempos. The rhythm and rhyme of this book is just about perfect. As a parent, I love to read to my child, but I especially like books that give my tongue a challenge or the chance to dance. This book is a fun romp through a child's imagination that anyone who like oral interpretation can appreciate. If you want your child to love words, read a book that lets you ...more
midnightfaerie
Jun 21, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens
A decent book on trains that kept my preschoolers interested, but bored my 5 yr old. Not an original concept either, since many train books talk about the trains duties in real life, but with the pictures showing toy trains and their environment. The fact that the end showed a boy asleep with his train at the end of the story was fun for my kids, as they could totally relate. The illustrations were nice too. As an adult I love reading books that rhyme, so this gets an extra star for that as well ...more
Celeste
Jan 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
The illustrations are not my favorite style, but this was a great read for Toddler Tales. The rhyming was fun, and everyone liked making the "whoo-whoos" together. The correct "whoo-whoos" are very important.
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If your child likes trains then this is the book for you. My son will sleep with this book
Cam
Oct 07, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book about stuffed animals going for a choo choo ride while it’s owner sleeps ... cute book
Becky
My 2 year old daughter freaked out every time she heard a train go through town. The "choo-choo" and "whooooo-whoooo's" scared her until I read this book. Now, she runs to me mimicking the trains cho-cho's and who-who's. I will forever be thankful I nabbed this book at the library - not only was it a worthy read, but it helped my daughter understand there was nothing to fear about trains. Now, she LOVES them.
Anita
My son would mark this 5 stars, but he'd do that for any book with a train on the cover :-). It's a nicely paced book, but it is the sort of book that you will tire of reading more than 5 times a day (which we do...).
Jason
Oct 19, 2014 rated it liked it
I think we are growing out of books like this, thank merciful Zeus.
Aimee
Feb 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Pre-schoolers love making that "whoo whooo!" sound.
Dec 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
I love the simple rhymes and the illustrations in contrasting primary colors. Sweet.
J.
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I don't often give simple picture books 5 stars but I've been reading this story aloud to my children for about 8 years now and I still enjoy the rhythm and rhymes. The simple pictures have enough detail to keep kids looking without being busy and cluttered. It's a very soothing book to read at bedtime. And for a paperback book we got as a hand me down in the first place, it hasn't fallen apart yet, so bravo to this sturdy edition published by Harcourt.
Alison Reads
Jun 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2-4, transportation
If your 2-4 year old likes trains than this is a solid winner. It has a playful, easy-to-read style and parents can have a lot of fun with the train noises. The illustrations are bright with primary colors and feature classic toys. Kevin Lewis and Dennis Kirk have written other books together ("My Truck is Stuck!" comes to mind) too. If your child enjoys this one I'd recommend "Big Choo" by Stephen Shaskan or "Steam Train, Dream Train" by Sherri Duskey Rinker and Tom Lichtenheld.
Luisa Knight
Ages: 2 - 4

**Like my reviews? I also have hundreds of detailed reports that I offer too. These reports give a complete break-down of everything in the book, so you'll know just how clean it is or isn't. I also have Clean Guides (downloadable PDFs) which enable you to clean up your book before reading it! Visit my website: The Book Radar.
Jun 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A fun, rhyming story about a train’s adventure over the space of a day. Great illustrations and lots of things to talk about. My nearly 2yo likes to point out each of the animals she recognises and make the corresponding animal sound, and she thinks the page where the train’s whistle echos is hilarious.
Salih Yasin
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

Son loves it. Got the kindle version because we couldn't find the book for bedtime. Great book for bed or any other time. Muy soon has wanted it read almost every day since her was two.
Hannah Knight
Aug 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
This is a very short book that tells us the sounds that a train makes as it travels into the city. Sounds are great for children. Children are often fascinated with trains or other toys. This is a great book that shows us trains and other toys as well as people working together.
Kathleen
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
The illustrations on this book remind me of an I spy book. Kind of a whimsical and zoomed way in. A good book for train lovers, nothing wrong with it, just didn't really speak to me all that much.
Pippa
May 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Perfect for reading aloud at bedtime to little train lovers.
Michelle
Dec 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Nice simple book of a child have his train go on tracks all over his room. My 14 month old has me read this book to her several times a day (or as many as I'm willing).
Stephanie
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
W loved this book, he asks for it almost nightly and is utterly obsessed with trains right now.
Jan 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: storytime-ideas
Solid, simple imaginary train play for toddlers. Ages 2-4
Paul
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens-books
Disney’s rhyming couplets welcome the animated child into a stuffed world of toys and trains.
Monica
Jul 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: board-books
Read correctly Caroline likes this book!
Gwen Marie
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: babies
Fun bright illustrations (toy train and toy people). Text is large block face. Simple but engaging story.
Susan
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was recommended by my son's speech therapist (he is two). Great book for encouraging kids to talk and point out things they recognize.
Betsy Gant
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A favorite for any toddler. My only fault as the babysitter was that I didn't know the hand motions that my little friend had added to the reading. 🚂🌌🧸
Susan
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
I love the text in this book. It is really fun to read. I can't wait to share this one with my little cousins.
Trish
Jan 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020, je
This is a fun train book.
Apr 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition