Start by marking “Noodle's Knitting” as Want to Read:
Noodle's Knitting

Noodle's Knitting

Noodle loves the snuggly softness of soft balls of pretty wool. She even knows all the special words knitting requires: Knit one, purl one, knit two together! So when Noodle finds a ball of wool, she knits and knits and knits ... until Noodle knits herself into a whole lot of trouble! Beautifully illustrated with soft-to-touch wool on every page, this book is softly and te ...more
Published May 1st 2013 by Good Books (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Noodle's Knitting, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Noodle's Knitting

KC
Mar 22, 2017 rated it liked it
A touch and feel ball of yarn and a mouse leaning to knit.
Ryan
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Noodle has watched the Farmer’s wife knit many times. She even has the instructions down. She finally gets her chance to knit when a color does not match what the farmer’s wife needs. And what a scarf Noodle knits. While working on her project she gets help from her friends, and in the end she helps them as well. A lovely story that also have a soft tactile touch to every page.
Lusitarius
Lapset rakastavat tällaisia aistikirjoja, joissa on erilaisia kosketus- ja tunnustelupintoja! Tässä kirjassa on jopa oikea juoni tarinassa, joten lukuhetki on todella onnistunut. Kirjan kuvitus on suloista, tarina on mielestäni hyvä ja oivallisesti keksitty aistielämyksen ympärille. Myös tekstin sijoittelu aukeamalla on hauskaa.
Tapani Aulu
Koskettelukirjat on kivoja vielä melkein 4-vuotiaanakin.
Maria Garcia
Noodle a tiny mouse can't help but notice the farmer's wife who spends a lot of her time knitting. Noodle wants to take up this hobby and make something, but Noodle doesn't have the materials needed to make a soft masterpiece. It isn't until one day that the farmer's wife throws a ball of wooly yarn never to be used by her because it is not the right color for her new creation. Noodle steals this ball of yarn and hauls it back to her home. On the way she meets a hedgehog who gives Noodle two of ...more
Anya Mackay
Dec 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
My 19 month old daughter totally adores this book. Each page has touchy feely yarn on it, which she loves following with her finger. The drawings are very colourful and detailed and the knitted scarf gets longer and longer on each page. The pages have so much colour and texture. The detail, especially in the texture "knitting" is amazing.
I agree, there's not much of a story, but younger children will love following the mouse and her scarf from page to page and see her and her friends get cosy on
Liselotte
Dec 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: owned, picture-books
[Edition read: Dutch]
I'm a big knitter, which is why I got this book, because it was just too cute to pass up!
The story itself was cute, but nothing special, nor anything amazing. Adorable, but that's it. There isn't a real moral and kid's don't learn anything from it.
Nevertheless I'm glad I've added it to my collection, as it's adorable, the illustrations really made the book for me! :)
معصومه توکلی
Mar 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommended to معصومه by: زینب اسماعیلی
عنوان ترجمه فارسی: بافتنی عجیب
Elizabeth
Jun 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
OMG! Fuzzy on every page!
Jared White
This one would be a 3 star, in my opinion, if it hadn't won me over with the "With soft-to-touch wool on every page." I'm a very tactile person and I know some kids are, too, so I enjoyed feeling the knitting as the story went along and I'm sure there's kiddoes that would as well.

Noodle has watched the farmer's wife knitting for months and has longed to try it. Then one day there's a big, beautiful ball of yarn which the farmer's wife decides is the wrong color and Noodle is more than happy to t
Charlie
Mar 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
The book was really good. Noodle (the mouse) took a ball of wool that the farmers wife didn't want. Why? Because she wanted to make a scarf. Now all she needed was some knitting needles. So she went off to find Hedgie. She said to him "I'm looking for some knitting needles". Then Hedgie said "Will these do?" He showed her two of his quills. "Yes!" And took them and set off home. She knitted all night long. And then when it was done, it was way to big for Noodle's House! So, yes the book is reall ...more
VegasGal
Mar 23, 2011 rated it really liked it
This is a cute and simple story, nothing too complex or riveting, but I really loved the fact that you could feel Noodle's yarn on every page. There definitely should be more tactile books like this one for children, it really brought the story to life.
Crystal
Mar 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
While I know it doesn't totally need 5 stars, I can't help myself. I love this book. The touchable quality is very fun, but I really just loved that it was an adorable picture book centered around knitting.
Jocelyn
Dec 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mirei-s-shelf
very colourful, very good for touching (i like to knit so very good story :p) & big words & beautiful pictures! A little too big for the baby to hold herself though .
Susan
Feb 01, 2011 rated it it was ok
Super cute illustrations -- not much story.
Mckinley
Jul 31, 2014 rated it it was ok
Mouse has fun knitting.
Cat Fithian
The yarn flocking on each page is gimmicky but cute. The story is sweet as Noodle, the mouse, catches the knitting bug and simply must keep knitting through the night. Really nice story.
Janna Peterson
Nov 10, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
I really enjoyed the touch and feel aspect in this book. It is also a good book about community and caring for one another.
Lindsey
Jan 05, 2011 rated it liked it
super cute! The touchable yarn was a nice touch.

Although c'mon Noodle, don't take your wool yarn through the water- it's going to felt.
Stephen Hubbard