Start by marking “Rapid Instructional Design: Learning ID Fast and Right” as Want to Read:
Rapid Instructional Design: Learning ID Fast and Right

Rapid Instructional Design: Learning ID Fast and Right

3.68  ·  Rating details ·  90 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
This is the second edition of the best-selling book that shows how to get instructional design done fast and get it done right! If you need a basic understanding of what instructional design is and a hands-on, to-the-point method of ensuring that the training and performance interventions you put into place meet the needs of your staff and your organization, this book is f ...more
Published June 1st 2006 by Pfeiffer & Company (first published February 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Rapid Instructional Design, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rapid Instructional Design

Jenn
Jan 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
I am surprised how much I am enjoying this book. Prior to picking it up, I had no idea what Instructional Design (ID) was, or it's importance. But very early on, the author explains it in a concise manner that makes it easily understandable. Who amongst us has not attended a workshop or conference and walked out muttering to ones-self, "that is 3 hours I'm not getting back." Perhaps lack of ID was to blame.
Apostolos
Apr 17, 2010 rated it really liked it
If you are looking for a quick introduction to instructional design, this might be the book for you! This book is an non-theoretical approach to instructional design to get you started (i.e. your boss just came into your office and said "you have 2 months to do this" type of thing.

The nice thing about this book is that it is peppered with many recommendations for other books that tackle that specific topic in much more detail. The author of this book recommends Dick & Carey (The systematic
Allison
May 22, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012
Another text book. I found the use of icons designating what sections you should pay attention to, based on your interests, tough to follow. Otherwise this is a solid book on ID in the real world with real time constraints.
Kate
Jul 25, 2007 rated it liked it
Recommended to Kate by: my boss
Shelves: l-d
There's a lot for me to learn, but nothing in this book really surprised me. That's not to say it's not helpful, though, and full of useful examples and resources.
Stephen
Oct 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
READ OCT 2012

Excellent resource and nice companion to Piskurich's Rapid Training Development.
Abdullah7