Start by marking “Synchronicity: The Inner Path of Leadership” as Want to Read:
Synchronicity: The Inner Path of Leadership

Synchronicity: The Inner Path of Leadership

Synchronicity is an inspirational guide to developing the most essential leadership capacity for our time: how we can collectively shape our future. Through the telling of his life story, Jaworski posits that a real leader sets the stage on which "predictable miracles, " seemingly synchronistic in nature, can - and do - occur. He shows that this capacity has more to do wit ...more
Published January 1st 1996 by Berrett-Koehler Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Synchronicity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Synchronicity

Start your review of Synchronicity: The Inner Path of Leadership
Jeff
Mar 24, 2013 rated it it was ok
I could subtitle this book "a hero's journey for the 1%". It's an interesting read on how the author reacted to a lot of the challenges of his life. That said, was hard for me to be enthusiastic about how he got there, because this is obviously a person born into privilege, who can have immediate access to important people whenever he wants. I was laughing out loud when he wrote about how he "ran into" Fran Tarkington, who immediately shared personal details with him. This book is full of anecdo ...more
Annemieke Windt
Sep 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
Joseph Jaworsky - Synchronicity, The Inner Path of Leadership
Well, ehm, I just earlier tonight wrote about how I might sometimes come to read a book by a strange incident or the way I happen to come across it. My choice to read Synchronicity had a direct relation with one of the destinations on my trip to France, Chartres and its medival cathedral. I wanted to visit the cathedral ever since 2001 and once even had already booked a hotel in the town when I had to cancel two years ago. My finances
Jay Hennessey
I am trying to reserve 5 Stars for books that were not only written well, but really influenced my perspective — this book sets the bar pretty high.

For those that know me, you have likely heard me talk about the concept of Synchronicity for many years. It has been something that I have become increasingly aware.

In this book, the author does a great job of sharing his life journey, illustrating along the way the moments where things “seemed to line up” — things that make you say, “wow, what are t
Sky Nelson-Isaacs
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love Jaworski's application of meaningful coincidences to organizations.
Bob
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Why this book: I met David Winkelman, a fascinating man who is a ‘Visual Problem Solver’ at a recent networking event. During our discussion, I mentioned that I had just read The Alchemist. He told me that if I liked The Alchemist, I’d like Synchronicity. It is almost a business leader’s handbook to The Alchemist. So I ordered it that day and began to read it.

My Impressions: Synchronicity is an autobiographical account of the evolution of Joe Jaworski’s beliefs about himself and the world we liv
Karen Roberts
May 25, 2014 rated it liked it
Jaworski has had some interesting experiences that have helped to shape his philosophy. He focuses upon "predictable miracles" and attracting people who think differently, thereby creating solutions and innovation.

I've had similar experiences, only I have called them miracles and divine appointments. Throughout the book, I expected him to come to the conclusion that God was orchestrating his life. However, he has given the credit to the Source, teasing the reader to read his next book, "The Sou
Peep Laja
Jun 03, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone going after their dreams
Synchronicity is meaningful coincidences that cannot be explained by cause and effect. This is a very inspiring book. You should read it before embarking on a journey to achieve your dream. It is about importance of finding your true self, listening to your gut and seizing opportunities. It is not one of those teacher meets pupils kind of books where the guru tells you how to live, it is much more than that. The author tells his life story and wonders about life on the way. If you read "Alchemis ...more
Janine
May 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I have probably read this book about three times now and each time I gain something different from it. While some will struggle with the writers journey to self actualization and see it as a narcissistic rant (I did have one client tell me this), I personally found it aspirational. If a successful lawyer living a life of desirable consumerism (he drove one of my favourite cars, a DB9) can give all that up for something more meaningful in life....then there's hope for the rest of us!
Josh
Nov 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
I chose this book for a college leadership class. It is very focused on following your inner path and listening to your intuition. Attracting people into your circle that will help you grow into your full potential. I liken Joe's story to the epitome of Maslow's hierarchy of needs. He is a successful lawyer proceeding to look for his higher purpose. For this reason it is hard for me to relate to, as he travels back and forth across the world seemingly on a whim.
Debbie Wooten
Jul 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Love, love, love this book. Anyone who is in leadership and who is into the law of attraction will be attracted to this book. Easy read.
Rhonda Sue
Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an excellent book, but I would call it a business memoir of sorts as it follows the personal path of the author. If the last name is familiar to you, it's because the author's dad was Leon Jaworski, the special prosecutor during Watergate. There are some fabulous books to read and you can find those in the notes at the end of the book. I've already ordered a bunch.

Synchronicity is a meaningful coincidence of two or more events, where something other than the probability of chance is invo
Joseph Knecht
Nov 11, 2018 rated it liked it
The author describes his personal path of spiritual awakening. Through his awakening, he discovered how to use leadership while serving others. The book is written from a personal perspective, starting from the days when he was just a lawyer, married to his high school sweetheart and up to the days when serendipity brought him in touch with a higher aim.

Some quotes I liked:
-Leadership is about creating a domain in which human beings continually deepen their understanding of reality and become m
Kc
Jul 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: business, biography
This book details the author's journey to discover synchronicity in the world and apply it to his leadership roles. Several times in the book, the author states that we as humans do not have the language to describe the feeling, the connectivity of a group in dialogue or the oneness of all things. I agree, the author still did not have the right language and many times feel into phrases more common to a hippy spiritual awakening than a book on business leadership.

In general, the writing is very
pernille
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
A central purpose of writing this book is to propose an alternative: if individuals and organisations operate from the generative orientation, from possibility rather than resignation, we can create the future into which we are living, as opposed to merely reacting to it when we get there."

A fascinating read into a truly remarkable life. The insights and lessons Jaworski learned along his journey strikes a chord deep within the soul, and is still so relevant today: to sense ourselves and one ano
Florence Dambricourt
For whoever has already explored the concept of the "leader as a servant" this is not going to rock your world, rather makes it stronger. Through the writer own story we revisits in portant concept on synchronicity, purpose, listening to one 's own heart. Now synchronicity is good when you take action, if you do not have an active role, do not expect things to come tour way. The actions create the space for the opportunity to happen. Enjoy the reading... And the synchronicity.
Scott Wozniak
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the personal story of how the author moved from going through the motions of life to living fully alive and with purpose. I have some differences on the philosophical worldview that he ends up choosing, but I agree with the big ideas of stopping and evaluating your life, of living on purpose and the fundamental role of relationships for even physical matter.
Samuel
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Synchronicity is an intensely personal and compelling book. Jaworski's life demonstrates that the immense cultural and institutional change that a possible future demand can begin anytime, anywhere, in anyone, even those who have benefited greatly from the old order of things. I'm was grateful that Joe Jaworski let us travel with him on this 'the inner path journey of leadership.
Daniel Brandt
Mar 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A book that talks about relationships and the unfolding of life through them. Among them the coincidences that make us believe in some kind of Synchronicity, well described in the book through the author's personal experiences.

My notes on the book are on this website: https://esselivroeuli.blogspot.com/20...
Cristina Smith
This is one of my favorite books on leadership. It approaches it both from the inside out and the outside in. Highly recommended for anyone who has a vision they want to put on the ground, entrepreneurs, authors and those feeling a stirring inside for change.
Kate Corsen
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My favorite quote of the book was in the introduction. "Leadership exists when people are no longer victims of circumstances but participate in creating new circumstances."because it sets the stage for the interconnections of life and leadership.
Rebecca Schaft
Dec 16, 2019 rated it liked it
I really liked the first part, but after the ‘oh my god he’s just another upper class white dude’ I totally fell out of touch with the book. I wonder what his ex-wife thinks of him, now that would be a book worth reading.
Drew Clancy
Sep 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A powerful story about the author's growth and transformation. Inspiring and thought-provoking.
Marthy Leermans
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One word: Truth
Alexander ter Hark
Sep 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
An unbiased and candid description of Servant Leadership in practice.
Ana Bernardes
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Inspiring book
Merxhan Emini
Apr 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book written in a unique way comparing to other spiritual leadership books I have read.
Greg
I struggled a bit with Synchronicity, but on the whole, it was very worthwhile reading. There were times when the author was too "out there" for me, though he might view some of my own beliefs in a similar fashion. At other times, what he learned and conveyed, the points he was trying to get across to his reader, made perfect sense within my own world view. Mostly, I thought it was often thought-provoking, sometimes even inspiring, and well worth the read. In his own way, and as a result of his ...more
Neelesh Marik
Oct 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
What stands out in this book is the deeply personal nature of the story of the developmental movement of the author over time, narrated through a first person account of second person interactions and third person observations. In summary, it is the flesh-and-bones discovery and enactment of walking the fine edge between letting things happen and making things happen.

From Robert Greenleaf’s categorization of servant leaders (called Stage 3 by Scott Peck), Joe paints the evolving nature of Stage
Margie Adler
Jun 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is still one of the best books on leadership that I've ever read. I read the first edition some years ago, and there were times I had to put the book down and just breath. I felt that someone was writing my thoughts, giving them coherence, and by doing so making me feel completely understood. At the same time, Synchronicity gave me inspiration and hope. The second is even better. Why? Jaworski has learned, grown, thought more deeply, lived the learning and applied the principles. He's made ...more
Jean M.
Nov 21, 2007 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nurture
It took me some time to get into this book as he spends a significant amount of time building up to the magic he offers at the end. It is full of story, but through the story of his life you start to see how the magic of synchronicity works. That idea of committing to something and then as Joseph Campbell said, "doors will open for you where you would have never thought there would be doors and where there would not be doors for anyone else." Or something magnificent along those lines.

If you wan
« previous 1 3 next »

• Leadership and the New Science: Discovering Order in a Chaotic World
  • Presence: An Exploration of Profound Change in People, Organizations, and Society
  • Theory U: Leading from the Future as it Emerges
  • Immunity to Change: How to Overcome It and Unlock Potential in Yourself and Your Organization
  • The Infinite Game
  • How the Way We Talk Can Change the Way We Work: Seven Languages for Transformation
  • Sunset Express (Elvis Cole, #6)
  • L.A. Requiem (Elvis Cole, #8)
  • Barking to the Choir: The Power of Radical Kinship
  • Robert Crais Books in Order: Elvis Cole and Joe Pike series, all short stories, standalone novels, and nonfiction. (Series Order Book 44)
  • Buddha Doodles: Imagine the Possibilities
  • Buddha Doodles Gratitude Journal: Shining Your Light
  • Essays In Love
  • Conversations with God: An Uncommon Dialogue, Book 1
  • Reinventing Organizations: A Guide to Creating Organizations Inspired by the Next Stage of Human Consciousness
  • Zwarte schuur
  • The Fifth Discipline: The Art & Practice of The Learning Organization
  • Extase

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »

News & Interviews

“We need a language that brings us together about the deepest things we care about rather than pushing us apart.” 0 likes
“When you see what you’re here for, the world begins to mirror your purpose in a magical way. It’s almost as if you suddenly find yourself on a stage in a play that was written expressly for you.” 0 likes