Start by marking “Tempest” as Want to Read:
Tempest

Tempest

3.7  ·  Rating details ·  37 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Professor Charlotte "Charlie" Reynolds assumes that weather is the only thing she has to worry about when she leads the last backpacking group of the season up Tempest Mountain. Joined at the last minute by sinfully sexy Jake Nelson, Charlie is caught up in a dangerous whirlwind of nature, drug trafficking and a man she can't seem to resist.

Agent Jake Nelson knows his late
Published by Brazen Snake Books (first published August 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Tempest, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tempest

Jamie DeBree
Aug 09, 2010 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: by-me
I wrote it!
Quinn
Tempest is a book you could read in one sitting, and it would keep you engaged the entire time. The action comes into play early, and keeps a steady momentum throughout, with some truly memorable moments.

Professor Charlotte “Charlie” Reynolds is leading a group of hikers up Tempest Mountain. Among the group is Jake Nelson, a man to whom Charlie feels an irresistible pull. Unfortunately he is accompanied by the beautiful and much younger Adrienne.

This would have to be the hiking trip from hell. S
Danielle
Aug 14, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Danielle by: Jamie DeBree
I read Tempest in a single sitting - that's saying something, given that I usually only read in short bursts on my lunch breaks!

The tension between Charlie and Jake is evident from the beginning of the story. Initially, I was concerned that the author might be building up to something she couldn't maintain, but each of their intimate encounters had the same intensity. The language and descriptions used were enough to get her point across, but definitely not the over-the-top cliches that are seen
Jamie DeBree
Aug 10, 2010 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: by-me
I wrote it. :-)
Colette
Normally I have a lot of trouble with Romantic Suspense novels. Normally either the Romance part or the suspense part bugs me. Such was not the case with Tempest. This novella managed to capture what romantic suspense is supposed to have : action, adventure, romance and suspense. In my experience, so few romantic suspense books manage to do all three successfully. In Tempest there were bear attacks, wolf attacks and bad guys with guns, and a super hot undercover agent to rescue everyone. What mo ...more
Ruth
Oct 31, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This is one of those books that play out like a movie in my mind. The author did an excellent job of making everything feel real without getting bogged down in the description (which is something I hate). I'm more of a "get to the action" kind of girl, and this book is full of action.

The chemistry between Charlie and Jake well very well executed, and I happened to enjoy the masturbation scene. I never see that in a romance unless it's an erotic romance. I thought the sex scenes were just right
Heidi Sutherlin
Nov 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
TEMPEST starts out moving quickly and maintains the energy and driving forward motion that marks a book as one that demands to be read in one sitting. The setting, the characters, the suspense all combine to create a highly satisfying story punctuated by surprising moments of heat. I guarantee that you will not be able to read this in small bites. This is definitely the book to reward yourself with after a long week. Highly recommend.
Lillie
The story seemed to have a continuity problem to me. Characters escaped from dangerous situations without explanation and in one chapter the heroine was rescued from capture before being captured in the next chapter.
Carol Ward
Dec 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love books that blend adventure with romance. This was a perfect mix of tension, action, and romance. But I think what I loved most about it was the fact that the heroine, Charlie, went through so much but never gave up. We should all have her kind of courage. :-)
Susie Lindeberg
Sep 23, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed reading this novella. I read most of it while on a mini-vacation in Montana. ;-) A lot of twists & turns & a very good read.
Erica Chapman
Sep 07, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hot and sexy! DeBree weaves suspense, thrills and lots of action!
J.A. Howell
Sep 22, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed this book.Will be writing a bit more of a review later :)
Medeia Sharif
Sep 06, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a fun, fast, sexy read. I devoured it in one sitting. I plan on reading DeBree's second novel since this didn't disappoint.
Andi Daniels
Julie
Jan 23, 2012
Lisa
Oct 26, 2012
A full-time webmistress by day, Jamie DeBree writes steamy, action-packed romantic suspense late into the night. Her goal is to create the perfect blend of sensual attraction, emotional tension and fast-paced adventure, similar to the television crime dramas she’s hopelessly addicted to.

Born in Billings Montana, she resides there with her husband and two over-sized lap dogs. She reads in a wide va
More about Jamie DeBree...