Start by marking “Rachael Ray Express Lane Meals: What to Keep on Hand, What to Buy Fresh for the Easiest-Ever 30-Minute Meals” as Want to Read:

3.78  ·  Rating details ·  3,569 Ratings  ·  40 Reviews
How can you get a wholesome, delicious dinner on the table without spending time on long lines at the supermarket? Rachael knows how!

Her secret weapon is keeping plenty of versatile, flavorful ingredients in the cupboard, fridge, and freezer, combining these staples with just a few fresh items—never more then ten—to create delicious meals for every night of the week. In Ex
Published August 17th 2010 by Clarkson Potter (first published April 18th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Rachael Ray Express Lane Meals, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rachael Ray Express Lane Meals

Vicki Madden
Jan 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I bought myself this book 3 years ago when my kitchen was remodeled. It was my reward for being without a kitchen for 2 months (and during the holidays!) I wanted to cook something I wouldn't normally cook but I didn't want to be stuck in the kitchen or hours after a long day of work. This book fit perfect! Now 3 years later, I still go back to this book for at least 5 of my families favorite meals. Chicken with sweet carrot rice and lime scallion sauce. FANTASTIC! Black bean and corn stoup! eve ...more
Darlene
Express Lane Meals by Rachel Ray is another of my ‘bargain’ books to add to my cookbook collection. I scored this ’like-new’ book for $0.75. The recipes are definitely user friendly.

Besides an insightful comment, each recipe comes with lists of what to keep on hand and what to buy fresh.

Rachel not only tells us how to get a wholesome meal on the table without spending time on long lines at the supermarket, but includes a cheat sheet for all the go-to basics to cut and carry each time we do a big
Angie (Mind Malfunction)
Express Lane Meals is a quick and easy cookbook by food network celebrity Rachel Ray. There are three parts to this cookbook; Part 1 - Meals for the Exhausted, Part 2 - Meals for the Not Too Tired, and Part 3 - Brng it on! (But, be gentle). Meals for the Exhausted is exactly that, easy Pasta Meals, Toasted Sandwiches, Soups and Salads. Meals for the Not Too Tired had a few interesting recipes like Cheese Steaks, Crab and Corn Chowder, Turkey and Sausage Burgers - yum, and Bring it On is filled w ...more
Bethany
Feb 07, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: food
If you like Rachael Ray, then her fun, casual style should be familiar. I think that once you get her basics down, you can pretty much guess what's happening next. I liked the "staples list" provided and the "shopping lists" for each recipe... very helpful. I don't think there would ever be a need to own more than one Rachael Ray book, but having one around is great for inspiration and quick meal ideas. There are a few recipes in this particular book that have become family favourites. I usually ...more
Philitsa
Dec 28, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Look, I really don't like Rachael Ray as a person (or at least her TV persona). She's just too syrupy for my taste. And it's "olive oil", not "E-V-O-O"! But she provides a service for busy moms with this cookbook and many other of her 30-minute meal cookbooks. I like this one because it tells me what to buy from the store -- or if you're pressed for time like me, order online from your grocer. Her cutesy little commentary throughout the book can go out the window as far as I'm concerned. I just ...more
carrietracy
This is a pretty good cookbook for everyday use. It lists items that are helpful to keep in the pantry and then tells you exactly what you might need to buy each night. It also breaks down the meals into exactly how much you don't feel like cooking. The recipes work out well, and while it's no gourmet delight, it comes in handy when you cook mosts nights tired after a long day at work.
Jamie
Jun 14, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another yum-o cookbook! We really liked Dinner, Wrapped Up: black bean, chicken, and chorizo burritos. Spicy black bean soup with limed-up shrimp was pretty good. The soup was excellent while the shrimp were ho-hum. And the turkey cutlets with pumpkin-pistachio muffin stuffin' and chipotle gravy wasn't bad! We lots of other recipes marked for future eats!
Christine
I have made quite a few of the recipes the only thing is they are no way 30 minutes. Maybe if you do all the prep in advance (which I would recommend - mis en place your heart out) otherwise you will be in the kitchen all night.
Christina
I just got this for Christmas and would love to reference it for it's master list of things to keep on hand and where to store them list since i am trying to organize my new kitchen. It looks fun it has a section on every page in the upper right for the express shop list to make things easier.
Cathy
Dec 13, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
Very useful. Recipes are in 3 sections: Meals for the Exhausted; Meals for the Not too Tired; and Bring It On! (But, Be Gentle.) There is also a useful section on what to have in your house and pantry and handy shopping lists. I saved quite a few recipes, especially from the first section.
Crystal
Feb 14, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cooking
My favorite RR book so far. Great for those of us who spend more time at work than at home. The shopping list of staples (who knew you'd need it??) helped us get the basics squared away so that we know what to always have on hand.
Virginia
Jul 14, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
Sorry, Rachel Ray. These recipes just didn't appeal to me. Some also contained ingredients that I just probably wouldn't be able to find easily at a midwestern grocery store, diminishing the "easiest-ever" claim.
Emily
Aug 07, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookin
i actually am quite taken with this sh*tty little cookbook, i am not too ashamed that i own it and have made quite a few dishes from it, this is real simple food nothing fancy but sometimes thats ok. still havent made the chicken leeky dish but its on my list
Anna
Dec 29, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
I've made a few of these meals now, and they are REALLY easy to make.
Just add on about 15 minutes to the "30-minute meal", and you'll be good. If you did not buy pre-cut vegetables, the meal invariably takes about 45 minutes to add for prep time.

Jodie
Oct 25, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Such great recipes! They are easy to make, and they taste great. She has really nice twists on standards. I love her ideas, just not her voice. I get the recipes that I want and never haver to hear the voice.
Jen
Oct 15, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rachel helps open the doors to ideas I think...
Derise Rehm
Sep 22, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love this cookbook for the organization.. I hope to write my own one day!!
Jen
Dec 19, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I never made it past the "take it easy on me" section of the recipes, but there are a number of recipes in here that have become my staple list of things of know how to make. It is a short list.
Linda
Jul 01, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cooking
This book does a great job in telling you what you should always have in your pantry to make a quick, tasty, and fairly healthy meal.
Aliya Tudor
Aug 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not my fav RR cookbook. Has some good recipes but not as good as her 365 cookbook.
Brooke
she gives you a list of things to keep on hand, i don't have them all but the recipes are built around those foods. love it.
Jill Myers
Feb 21, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbook
Yum-o!
Jen Vazquez

Delicious food, but it takes me far longer than 30 minutes since I'm not a great cook!
Brigitte
Aug 02, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Perfect ideas for what to keep onhand so you aren't tempted to call for takeout. A little planning goes a long way.
Stephanie Mohler
I'm not a huge fan of Rachael Ray, but some of the recipes in this book sound pretty good. A lot of them look like they'll take A LOT longer than 30 minutes though.
Yvonna
Disappointment in this cookbook was experienced when several recipes proved to be tasteless while there were others I would never make.
Vica
Feb 20, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some good recipes some bad. Coupleof our family favorites have come out of it. Like Cowboy Spegheti.
Mellanie C
Aug 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
April (The Steadfast Reader)
Meh. These recipes are okay, but Rachael Ray generally irritates me anyway... so maybe I'm biased?
Monique
I LOVE Rachael Ray but perhaps she has gone to far with cookbooks...many of these are repeats and no pictures. Many of the recipes seem as if several steps are left out to make it seem simple.
  • Even More Top Secret Recipes: More Amazing Kitchen Clones of America's Favorite Brand-Name Foods
  • Quick & Easy Chinese: 70 Everyday Recipes
  • Hungry Girl 1-2-3: The Easiest, Most Delicious, Guilt-Free Recipes on the Planet
  • The Ultimate Rice Cooker Cookbook: 250 No-Fail Recipes for Pilafs, Risottos, Polenta, Chilis, Soups, Porridges, Puddings, and More, from Start to Finish in Your Rice Cooker
  • Patti Labelle's Lite Cuisine
  • Quick Fix Meals: 200 Simple, Delicious Recipes to Make Mealtime Easy
  • Mark Bittman's Kitchen Express: 404 Inspired Seasonal Dishes You Can Make in 20 Minutes or Less
  • The 30-Minute Vegan's Taste of the East: 150 Asian-inspired recipes--from soba noodles to summer rolls
  • Kneadlessly Simple: Fabulous, Fuss-Free, No-Knead Breads
  • The 1,500-Calorie-A-Day Cookbook
  • 101 Things to Do with Ramen Noodles
  • Tyler Florence's Real Kitchen: An Indespensible Guide for Anybody Who Likes to Cook
  • The Dumpling: A Seasonal Guide
  • The Martha Stewart Living Cookbook: The New Classics
  • Cooking for Friends
  • Get Cooking: 150 Simple Recipes to Get You Started in the Kitchen
  • Bobby Flay's Throwdown!: More Than 100 Recipes from Food Network's Ultimate Cooking Challenge
  • Giada's Kitchen: New Favorites from Everyday Italian
Rachael Domenica Ray is a two-time Emmy-nominated television personality and author. She hosts the syndicated talk/lifestyle program Rachael Ray and two Food Network series, 30 Minute Meals and Rachael Ray's Tasty Travels. Ray has also written a series of cookbooks based on the 30 Minute Meals concept, and launched a magazine, Every Day with Rachael Ray, in 2006.

Prior to the launch of her talk sho
More about Rachael Ray...