Start by marking “Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow? (Sam McCain, #3)” as Want to Read:
Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow? (Sam McCain, #3)

Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow?

(Sam McCain #3)

3.65  ·  Rating details ·  131 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
A murder in the heart of 1950s Iowa entangles a love-struck Sam McCain in an investigation that could stir up trouble in the wake of Nikita Khrushchev's upcoming visit to the state.
Published December 18th 2000 by Carroll & Graf Publishers (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow?

Jeremy Plemmons
Apr 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
The Commies are coming! The Commies are coming! Sam has to deal with murders in town with the RED Scare overcoming everyone.He helps where he can and gets kicked in the ass anyway.This was another fantastic read and I continue to enjoy this 1950's-1960's set series.
D. E.
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Our intrepid attorney/private eye is at it again. Another murder courts and the worst possible time. A visit is expected from Nikita Khrushchev. The wrong time for the attorney to be busy with a murder because he is supposed to be on the committee that welcomes the \Russian to Iowa.This is an excellent read for the genre.....DEHS
Kathy  Petersen
I don't like to sound like a prude, but does Sam really need to pop into bed with three or four women?? The denouement is a little contrived as well. But I'm not giving up on Gorman's hayseed private i.
Lukasz Pruski
May 19, 2013 rated it it was ok
It is September 1959. The First Secretary of Soviet Communist Party, Nikita Khrushchev, is visiting a corn farm in Black River Falls, a small town in Iowa. Unfortunately, after this intriguing beginning of Ed Gorman's mystery "Will You Still Love me Tomorrow?" Mr. Khrushchev immediately disappears from the plot, and what is left is a sort of "cozy mystery". A renowned writer, suspected of having strong Communist leanings, is murdered. It would be nice to pin the murder on two prominent Communist ...more
Michael Schramme
Feb 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a very special 'private eye' series built around a lawyer and special court investigator, Sam McCain, in a small town in the midwest (Iowa) in the fifties and sixties. I absolutely love this series for several reasons:

1. the wonderful immersion into a different time, spanning a decade from the late fifties to the late sixties. The descriptions are detailed, evocative, engaging and realistic. They are exceptionally well done.
2. The protagonist is a likeable average joe, who is easy to ide
Randy
Aug 03, 2008 rated it it was amazing
It's 1959 and the red scare is still in full bloom. Twenty-five year old Sam McCain, lawyer/private eye, is there when Khruschev comes through on his tour of America's heartland.

Political writer with leftist leanings Richard Connors tells Sam that someone is trying to kill him: nasty letters, flat tires, a fire in his office, and a shot taken at him. He has something he wants Sam to hold for him, will bring it over tomorrow.

He shows up the next morning at Sam's office with a hammer and sickle i
Vlady Peters
Dec 12, 2015 rated it liked it
Halfway through I realised I'd lost the thread of the plot; pondered for a moment about starting again, but decided to go on instead.

Stuck a problem immediately. Two of the characters had a given name starting with the same letter. Another two had a surname starting with the same letter. A third character had a name starting with the same letter as the first two, and whose name could also have been either male or female.

The subject of author's selecting one or two letters of the alphabet for the
Ann Marie
Aug 16, 2009 rated it really liked it
I was really ready for another installment of Gorman's Sam McCain mysteries. All of them are set in the 1960s just when the care free living of the 1950s is over and the politically charged 60's has begun. This book covers the Communist blacklisting times of wondering just whose list you were on and why. A self proclaimed liberal ends up murdered the same night Sam's love of his life, Pamela gives into him. Gorman writes so manly and his way with words is like listening to a fantastic rain storm ...more
Beverly
Jan 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
The 2nd in the Sam McCain mystery series. Sam is still in love with Pamela, Pamela is still in love with Stu, Mary is still in love with Sam but planning to marry Wes and the "commies" are infiltrating Black River Falls, Iowa--at least that's what some of the residents think. With no lack of dead bodies, bedroom opportunities and great references to all that's 1950'ish, another fast moving mystery full of great characters and laugh out loud dialogue. I'm looking forward to reading the 3rd instal ...more
Amanda Meggs
Apr 06, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
Two years have passed since the beginning of the series, it's 1959. The descriptions of everything are lovingly drawn - they sound realistic, but they are before my time, so I'm not sure. Poor Sam/lucky Sam the girls are throwing themselves at him and then loving and leaving him. I'm thoroughly enjoying this series.
Metagion
I LOVED this book. It's the third in the series (yeah, leave it to me not to start at No 1) but it's really really fantastic! If you're a fan of Joe Lansdale's work you'll LOVE Sam McCain, a down-to-Earth PI that tells it like it is in a time gone by like no one else does. GET YOURSELF A COPY and ENJOY!
Brenda
Mar 28, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-book
I read this cozy mystery thinking that my in-person book club would enjoy it. After reading it, I decided it was to cheesy to suggest for a discussion. The setting was good because it was in small-town Iowa. Most of the characters were one-dimensional. Because of the easy to follow story-line, I was able to finish this book while in bed with a fever.
Jeff Dickison
Dec 12, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable Sam McCain murder mystery highlighted by the many turns his love life takes. The commie scare has hit Iowa and a local man suspected of being a "pinkie" is murdered. Judge Whitney wants the crime solved quickly before the town of Black River Falls becomes a joke. Recommended.
Steve
Feb 10, 2008 rated it really liked it
[close] What seems like light weight murder mysteries, all of a sudden, each of these books hasw some strong political/cultural reminder of the 50's and early 60's. This book reminds of usMcCarthy fear mongering, the committee, commie scars and racism. Good forEd G - Thanks.
Frank Taranto
Jul 31, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
I enjoyed this dip into Sam McCain's life. Sam is an interesting character and Black Falls is an interesting town.
Nancy
Jun 04, 2009 rated it did not like it
Not even the nostalgic 50's setting and the red-baiting theme could save this book for me: I dumped it with 40 pages to go. I guess that says it all.
Missmath144
Feb 27, 2011 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Paul Noyes
Shelves: crime, detective
Although it was written in 2000, it is set in the 50s, and that's what makes it fun. It's nostalgic reading more than anything else. The mystery is just a bonus.
Charles
Jul 18, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
I have the paperback version.
GIZMO
Nov 07, 2013 rated it liked it
weaker than the first two IMO...maybe I just don't remember the era well enough to appreciate it...but still good enough to continue reading the series
Erica
Mar 06, 2008
Claire
Aug 15, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Edward Joseph Gorman spent 20 years in the advertising industry before leaving to write full-time in 1984. Since then, he has been incredibly prolific, averaging 2-3 novels a year in addition to many short stories, editing anthologies, and founding and editing Mystery Scene, the new magazine of the mystery field. He has written in many genres, particularly crime, mystery, western, and horror. Most ...more

Sam McCain (10 books)
  • The Day the Music Died (Sam McCain, #1)
  • Wake Up Little Susie (Sam McCain, #2)
  • Save the Last Dance for Me (Sam McCain, #4)
  • Everybody's Somebody's Fool (Sam McCain, #5)
  • Breaking Up Is Hard to Do (Sam McCain, #6)
  • Fools Rush In (Sam McCain, #7)
  • Ticket to Ride (Sam McCain, #8)
  • Bad Moon Rising (Sam McCain, #9)
  • Riders on the Storm (Sam McCain, #10)