Start by marking “Being In Balance: 9 Principles for Creating Habits to Match Your Desires” as Want to Read:
Being In Balance: 9 Principles for Creating Habits to Match Your Desires

Being In Balance: 9 Principles for Creating Habits to Match Your Desires

4.16  ·  Rating details ·  1,640 Ratings  ·  120 Reviews
In this inspirational work, best-selling author and lecturer Wayne W. Dyer shows you how to restore balance in your life by offering nine principles for realigning your thoughts so that they correspond to your highest desires.
Imagine a balance scale with one end weighted down to the ground, and the other end—featuring the objects of your desires—sticking up precariously in
Published September 18th 2006 by Hay House (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Being In Balance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Being In Balance

Kim
Jul 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I took a couple of months for me to read this book because it is a "ponder" book. I found it life changing. As in, I have it with my scriptures; (which I study daily, as nothing fills my soul and teaches me truth like studying the gospel.) It's amazing to me that the obviously inspired author can take many of the truths I learn in church and from the scriptures and re-word the same principle to give it a new application in my life. When I find myself crabby, or needing a little shot of joy, I ca ...more
Marta
I have read Wayne Dyer, listened to him on audio and watched him speak on PBS. At times he has said things that have made me speculate that he might be tricky to live with, such as saying that his kids from a former wife don't have allergies when they are with him versus when they are with his wife because he teaches them to not believe in allergies. And I have thought, "Yes and you live in Hawaii and maybe your kids don't have allergies to what is there. Ugh."
On the other hand, I think he was a
Drew Constance
Quick thoughts: Inviting, honest and provoking.

I have a few of Dr. Dyers books on my bookshelf sitting there waiting to be read, and after reading Being in Balance, I can honestly say I am exited to get into them. Dyer has a really positive, informative and resonating voice that really connected me to his words of universal wisdom. He offered great, simple approaches to balancing areas of life that are often overlooked and disconnected and shared some beautiful quotes and poetry throughout to sh
Gregory Daniel
Aug 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
balanced...i believe
Susan
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
"We become what we think about all day long." Some people get this immediately. Others don't get it, can't get it, or don't want to get it. But nonetheless it is true and definitely worth getting. So in his own unique and good-natured manner, Wayne breaks it down for us, step by step, piece by piece. Reading this book is a gentle reminder on how to "think" to "become" who you really desire to be.
Saúl Girón
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hermoso libro. Hermoso propósito.
El equilibrio es posible xq el ser humano es eso:una posibilidad.
Kris
Apr 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-development
One of my favorite reads
JuLio PaBlo
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excelente!!!!
Rubina
The concept of balance defines our Universe, but ever so often we have to be reminded of the need to restore this nature equilibrium in all aspects of our life. This little book provides us with the nine principles to help restore this balance. The focus of these nine principles is about the realigning of our thoughts, that if our thoughts are not aligned with our desires these thoughts are then resistant energy which counters our desires. Basically, as stated in Law of Attraction, we become wha ...more
Lizabeth
Feb 08, 2010 rated it it was ok
I liked parts of this book. The problem I had with it is that you can find all of these kernels of wisdom - with more more clarity and truth - in the Book of Mormon and the Holy Bible. It does help, sometimes, to see things from anothers' perspective or using different language than we're used to but overall I found it lacking in delivery, not aesthetically but in substance. Go right to the source: the scriptures!
Jean
Jul 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I give 5 stars to Wayne Dyer - he was a master. When I am feeling low, down, helpless, I pick up one of his books and get an instant reminder of who I am, what I am capable of, and he sets me right again. Priceless.
Abbie
Jun 12, 2011 rated it liked it
There were good insights and reminders in this book. While the writing was nice and simple it was almost simple to the point of losing some of the deeper truth in the writing. In any case, this was a good, quick read that reminded me of truths necessary to live by.
gerry divine
Oct 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good

It is very insightful, inspiring, informative and interesting book .it has a very balanced view of human existence and God.
Ann
Nov 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's all about Perspective

This is a simple reminder when you lose track of yourself, what is truly important. You get back what you put out into the universe. Loved it!
R
Jun 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: wise-words
I get something new out of this every time I read this. It is my go to for attitude adjustment
Lani
May 25, 2012 rated it really liked it

Read this book in piecemeal and found it refreshing every time I picked it up. This is definitely a book I will be referring to every so often.
Randi
Dec 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love Wayne. Great Spiritual self help/law of attraction/positive thinking book. Along with exercises and tips for applying good habits to your life.
Nov 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thought provoking

You don't realize that what you are feeling is out of balance..until Dr Dyer helps you realize how easy it is to realign. I suggest the audiobook.
Corrina
I loved this book so much I shared it with someone i love hoping it could inspire hem as it did me.
Calli Coleman
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I read “Being In Balance” by Wayne Dyer. It was a great book. I loved the way he explained balance. I love how he gave examples and steps of how to include balance in your life. Wayne has written a lot of books and they are all amazing. This book helps you better your life, and I’m all about that. I know people who have read this book as well and they all loved it. My dad told me to read this book because it helped him and he thought it could help me too. In the book, it tells the 9 principles f ...more
لولوه  الرفاعي

الموازنة بين الروح والماد
Anna H
May 10, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: partials-dnf
Got to page 38 and then stopped when Wayne W. Dyer told me my soul was out of balance because I may have enjoyed a movie or two where violence was portrayed.

Dyer had a lot to learn. Although he was a very successful (motivational speaker? self-help guru?) writer, I had the feeling he lifted most of the material in the book from better writers like Jon Kabat Zinn and then tried to mine material from "The Secret" series. Sorry I wasted my money on this.....
Don
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
stress reduction about realignment, make me an instrument of peace as St Francis, invite divine into life, radiate appreciation and joy, never get enough of an addiction, cure is always love give and receive, fight weakens and love empowers, abundance or scarcity Ayn Rand, the enemy is hatred not people, stories of hatred are not news, if you choose revenge dig 2 graves, only loving find love.
Justice
Feb 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've enjoyed reading this book to remind myself to slow down, to appreciate the moment, to tune into positive vibrations and become more in balance. It consists of some nice affirmations that we can implement in the daily morning meditation sessions and it's just so full of love and good intention that everyone leaves this book a little bit happier.
ماريا جبارين
Mar 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"Being an enemy of a crime ...make you part of it" I will remember this sentence for the rest of my life ...
I read the arabic copy from this book ..amazing one ..I recommend
ان تكون معاديا لجريمه معناه ان تكون جزءا منها
سأتذكر هذه الجمله طيلة حياتي ..هذا الكتاب سيغير ادراكك لاشياء كانت عاديه ...انصح به بشده..
Pat Jennings
Aug 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully written in simple loving tones, Dr Wayne Dyer speaks to the all important balancing acts called our lives.
Mary
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very ggod reading.
Relmi
Jun 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Harmonija između duhovnog i materijalnog. Like it
Bobbie Dillon
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Dr. Dyer always inspires me...something I need a shot of every day!
Nerida Fuentes
Jan 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Insightful

Dr. Wayne W. Dyer makes you aware of what might be causing imbalance in your life. This is a good book to read it you want to lose weight.
Goodreads Librari...: Being in Balance by Wayne Dyer, page number 2 12 Mar 11, 2017 06:10AM
  • Change Your Life in 30 Days: A Journey to Finding Your True Self
  • Ensign, November 2013
  • 101 Power Thoughts
  • How to Meditate: A Guide to Self-Discovery
  • The Unmistakable Touch of Grace: How to Recognize and Respond to the Spiritual Signposts in Your Life
  • Happiness Now!: Timeless Wisdom for Feeling Good FAST
  • Don't Die with Your Music Still in You: A Daughter's Response to Her Father's Wisdom
  • Focus: Achieving Your Highest Priorities
  • One Big Thing: Discovering What You Were Born to Do
  • The Path to Love: Spiritual Strategies for Healing
  • Living with Your Heart Wide Open: How Mindfulness and Compassion Can Free You from Unworthiness, Inadequacy, and Shame
  • The Gift of Change: Spiritual Guidance for Living Your Best Life
  • President Reagan: The Triumph of Imagination
  • When Fish Fly: Lessons for Creating a Vital and Energized Workplace from the World Famous Pike Place Fish Market
  • The Lost Art of Compassion: Discovering the Practice of Happiness in the Meeting of Buddhism and Psychology
  • Love for No Reason: 7 Steps to Creating a Life of Unconditional Love
  • Sisters in the Wilderness
  • Your Soul's Gift: The Healing Power of the Life You Planned Before You Were Born
Wayne Walter Dyer was a popular American self-help advocate, author and lecturer. His 1976 book Your Erroneous Zones has sold over 30 million copies and is one of the best-selling books of all time. It is said to have "[brought] humanistic ideas to the masses".

He received his D.Ed. degree in counseling from Wayne State University. He was a guidance counselor in Detroit at the high school level and
More about Wayne W. Dyer

• Waiter Rant: Thanks for the Tip-Confessions of a Cynical Waiter
    $8.74 $1.99
  • Sex Object
    $9.74 $2.99
  • Dakota: A Spiritual Geography (Dakotas)
    $13.99 $1.99
  • Dark Alliance: The CIA, the Contras, and the Crack Cocaine Explosion
    $16.99 $3.99
  • Denial [Movie Tie-in]: Holocaust History on Trial
    $11.99 $1.99
  • A Very English Scandal: Sex, Lies, and a Murder Plot at the Heart of the Establishment
    $11.99 $3.99
  • Call the Midwife: Farewell to the East End
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Gomorrah: A Personal Journey into the Violent International Empire of Naples' Organized Crime System
    $9.99 $3.99
  • All Creatures Great and Small  (All Creatures Great and Small, #1)
    $17.99 $2.99
  • Hidden Figures: The American Dream and the Untold Story of the Black Women Mathematicians Who Helped Win the Space Race
  • Cheaper by the Dozen
    $9.49 $1.99
  • Edgar Allan Poe: The Fever Called Living
  • The Road to Jonestown: Jim Jones and Peoples Temple
    $12.99 $2.99
“It is better to be hated for what you are, than loved for what you are not.” — ANDRÉ GIDE” 1 likes
“there’s no such thing as stress; there are only people thinking stressful thoughts.” 0 likes