Start by marking “C++ Gotchas: Avoiding Common Problems in Coding and Design” as Want to Read:
C++ Gotchas: Avoiding Common Problems in Coding and Design

C++ Gotchas: Avoiding Common Problems in Coding and Design

4.05  ·  Rating details ·  38 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
"This may well be the best C++ book I have ever read. I was surprised by the amount I learned."

--Matthew Wilson, Development Consultant, Synesis Software

"C++ Gotchas" is the professional programmer's guide to avoiding and correcting ninety-nine of the most common, destructive, and interesting C++ design and programming errors. It also serves as an inside look at the more s
Published November 26th 2002 by Addison-Wesley Professional (first published November 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about C++ Gotchas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about C++ Gotchas

Curtis Jensen
Touches on some nice aspects of C++. Possibly a bit dated. I found the tone to often be belittling. It was full of phrases like programmers today often don't know... or inexperienced engineers ... I'm a little surprised some of it made it past the editors. But it would appeal to the egotistical software engineer.
Danien
Mar 11, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
C++ is a powerful programming language that is also complicated. This book covers many of the foundational through advanced C++ concepts and features and the potential issues that commonly arise in their usage, even by advanced programmers. It provides advice on how to avoid these problems and solutions that lead to better overall code design.

This intermediate level book covers some advanced features of the language without a lot of hand-holding for beginners so you'll need to understand how C++
Ettore Pasquini
Sep 06, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: technology
C++ is a language with a lot (too many) gotchas: that's why I find a book like this a treasure. It helped making me tolerate C++.
Jose  Seco Sanz
Dec 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: technical, to-re-read
To me, this is the best C++ book ever written. I still have to read the book that follows this by the same author.
Topilno