Start by marking “Masked (Masked, #1)” as Want to Read:
Masked (Masked, #1)

Masked

(Masked #1)

Bobby tells himself the mask he’s been wearing all month is just part of the Halloween theme of Abyss, the alternative lifestyle club he frequents. But it’s not the truth. He’s in lust. He’s in the closet. And, he’s ready to come out. The only problem is, the man he’s interested in is a friend. A straight friend.

Thor knows he’s being watched. What he can’t figure out is
ebook, 2nd edition, 9 pages
Published (first published October 13th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Masked, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Masked

Start your review of Masked (Masked, #1)
Ula'ndi Hart

*Masked
*Unmasked
*Revealed
*Thankful
That makes up the Masked series

So a little BDSM never hurt anyone right? I enjoyed the idea behind this little short read. Who cares if it’s all to be taken with a pinch of salt? It’s like snagging a piece of chocolate behind someone’s back. Gives you a secret little smile to yourself.
I enjoyed it for what it was. It’s way too short to start analyzing and pointing to
Donna
Sep 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 0-lgbtq-read
It would appear that this is a new author for me and although I like her writing style, I am not sure this series is for me... but, I will admit that I am intrigued! ;D
Shari
Oct 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Bobby is in the closet, but ready to come out of it. Wearing a Mask, he attends the Abyss’s Halloween Parties, watching Thor from the sidelines week after week. He’s interested in Thor, but Thor is straight. And, oh, yeah, they are friends.

Thor is intrigued by the man in the mask. He knows he has met him before but can’t place him. Finally he approaches Bobby and Bobby makes his move. Bobby requests a spanking, but only from Thor. But unknown to Bobby is that Thor also prefers men.

The two go off
Cecile
Dec 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For those of you that know me... and those that don't this is my little statement about short books.... I do not judge short stories on the rush of their relationships, because they are just that - short stories. So, yes the relationships always could have been drawn out more, yea it seems like they fall in love to fast and of course the story could have been made longer... but it is a short story. So with that said.... here is my review...oh

Okay, this is short... How short... It came in under
Cecile
Dec 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing

Okay, this is short... How short... It came in under
Sophia
Nov 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Robert wears a mask to the club's Halloween-themed so he can watch the man he is utterly infatuated with- a man he knows well and knows him. Robert is still very much in the closet and has a randy reputation for all the women he goes out with, but secretly he wants a specific man, Thor. Thor works construction, but is a man who only has one other interest which he indulges in even while he remains relatively unmoved personally. He is a skilled practitioner with floggers, whips, canes and the ...more
Beck
If this 'short story' were marketed as the first chapter of a book, I would probably have awarded it (the book) 5 stars given how much I enjoyed this tempting taste. I really dislike authors who don't understand the format of the short story & fail to provide the reader with a resolution. This 'chapter' is nice. The characters, although not explored in enough depth, are pleasant & easy to like. The BDSM hints at something special but there weren't enough words in this 'chapter' to really ...more
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Jan 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This was a fabulously written short story. It started, got right to the point, but with sexiness and just enough detail, and ended with me wanting to run right into the next chapter, which is what this book felt like - the first chapter of a full-length book. I could feel the energy and tension in the room between the characters and was on the edge of my seat waiting for them to get together. Bobby and Thor are fantastic together. I cannot wait to read more of their relationship.
Gigi
Sep 25, 2012 rated it liked it

Will review and may adjust rating when series is finished.
Sue bowdley
Dec 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favourites, male-male
Very short and i understand that these two characters are from a previous book but you don't need to read that first...i won't as it's m/f...You only get a spanking in this but a good short read x
Arthur
Nov 28, 2011 rated it really liked it

I usually am not big on BDSM story, but this one is sweet. This is only part 1 of the trilogy, so any review perhaps wouldn't be complete if it's done independently since each is a short story.

Neither Bobby and Thor is known as being gay, although Thor is out bi. So, Bobby (a.k.a. Robert) has to wear mask when he visit the club where Thor works. Would Thor recognize the masked guy that somehow he's attracted to?

The other books in the series:
- Unmasked
- Revealed
Michelle Campbell
Apr 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really love the 2 MC's in this book(and the ones that follow it). This does not end on what you could call a cliffhanger; but neither is the book the complete story of Bobby and Thor's relationship. To complete the relationship(as far as it goes) you need to read: Masked, Unmasked, Revealed, and Thankful in that order.
I love this series and wish there was even more to it, not because it is not clear that the men are in a committed relationship by the end of Thankful but just because I would
Carolyn
Jan 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m-romance, bdsm
I read masked, unmasked and (3rd book) all at one time. I enjoyed the three books. my only complaint is that they really could have been one book. I do not know why there were put out in threes but I know I would not have been happy if I had to have waited for the next book. So as an individual book I would say I would give it a 3 star, but as all three books togethere I would give it 5 stars.
Deidre
Jan 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
This is the 1st I've read by this author and I thought it was great right up till it ended leaving me wanting more and going crazy wanting to know who is behind the mask & what there connection is? I was looking at her other books wandering if this story fits in somewhere and can't find anything...Does anyone who is familar with this author know if this story goes with another?
Iza
Mar 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary, lgbt
I read this short story, that I got for free on Amazon, quickly this morning. My god, it was so sexy !
Though a very short novella, the story was well-built, well-written and the characters well-drawn for such a few pages. It was very steamy though the ending keeps you badly wanting for more.
So... I've just ordered the rest because I couldn't wait (book 2 : unmasked, book 3 : revealed)!
Kathryn
WELL! Stop. Do not read this novella if you do not like

hot gif photo: hot_anim.gif

story lines.

This one has one of the hottest!
Vanessa Jaye
Nov 06, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, bdsm
Short, hawt read, with a bit of mystery thrown in. But as hot as it was, the emphasis was more on showing the incredible attraction Thor & Bobby felt for each other, than squeezing in as much sexxoring as possible. Good start to the series.
Diane Dannenfeldt
Apr 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Only wished it would have been a longer story, I would have really loved to see their relationship grow. I read all 4 in one night.
Hill *Romance Newbie*
Just can't catch a personality.
Tina
Jan 20, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
Very short novella, but a nice start.
Jackie
Nov 03, 2011 rated it really liked it
Love love love it!!!!
Meggie
Jan 08, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: bdsm, shorts
There was some spark of interest in this plotted chapter, but simply to short for me.
Deanna
I won this book yesterday from Seduced By The Book YAY!"
Simone
Jan 27, 2015 rated it liked it
Dee Wy
Nov 28, 2011 rated it liked it
Nice beginning, just way too short.
Cassandra Carr
Nov 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing
All I have to say is - there better be more! (Well, there's Unmasked, but still!)
mah1
Jan 16, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: own
Surprisingly emotinal and full for such a short story. The MCs were compelling and had mee caring about them. The cover, however, is unfortunate.
Cari Quinn
Nov 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Lissa Matthews never disappoints. I'm glad this is the first in a series because I want more!
Susan65
Feb 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Not normally my kind of story but i'm intrigued...amd will Stay Calm and Read On.
Jessica  `~Blahyze~`
Apr 21, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks
A great little quick read, steamy. I wanted the story to keep going, I wanted more!

Masked (4 books)