Start by marking “No Remedy (Bounty, #2)” as Want to Read:
No Remedy (Bounty, #2)

No Remedy

(Bounty #2)

Mace has spent months trying to find a cure for the poison killing her mentor. Her only hope is Alec, a brilliant scientist hiding on a backwater planet. Months of research is thrown into chaos when Alec's old lover Byron shows up, attempting to claim a bounty that's been placed on Alec's head. With the clock counting down, the trio attempts to solve the poison riddle as t ...more
ebook, Second, 245 pages
Published October 1st 2010 by Ellora's Cave

To ask other readers questions about No Remedy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Remedy

Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
TIME TO SUSPEND DISBELIEF, KIDS!

No Remedy picks up 3 yrs after No Quarter and focuses on Mace, Gar's sister. Mace has left The Belle Kurve in search of an antidote for Faolan. She found a renown scientist, Alec, and has been working with him until a bounty hunter named Byron shows up to collect the bounty on Alec. He might have a teensy bit of grudge since Alec disappeared on Byron 7 yrs ago without a word. But something bad happens and they have to band together to escape the bad guys.

Once in
Amanda
May 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Reviewed for: Where the Night Kind Roam

This book is steamy hot hot hot… It’s a M/F/M trio, and oooWeee they get creative. When we start this story Mace and Alex are fighting their mutual attraction. They are working on a remedy for Faolans illness, they are getting close to a cure but Alex’s past has caught up with him in the form of bounty hunters. The first one that finds Alex is his old lover, Byron. Mace, Alex and Byron have to flee the planet together Mace and Alex need to continue to work
Susan65
Apr 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
It’s been a while since I’ve read a MMF book, and I admit the only reason I picked this one up was because I needed to find out more about Gar and Faolan, from book one. I will also be the first to admit that my dislike of MMF is mainly because both “M’s” tend to put the “F” on a pedestal and make her the focal point of the relationship. That happened in most MMF books I’ve read and is the reason I’ve stopped reading them. Well, imagine my surprise, and delight, when Mace is the odd man (er, wom ...more
Deborah
May 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
No Remedy is book two in Christine d'Abo's sci-fi bounty series. I thoroughly enjoyed book one, No Quarter, and knew I wanted this hot little book now! I was not disappointed! This book is a super steamy menage. Yumminess!

This is Mace's story. She is working with Alec on finding a cure for the infection that Faolan has. They've been dancing around their mutual attraction. When Alec's past catches up to him in the form of bounty hunter Byron, he finds he needs to make amends. He's come to have fe
Kiki Clark
No Remedy by Christine d’Abo was a delightfully steamy menage. It’s the second in her Bounty series and should definitely be read after book one because of the continuation of a main story arc.

We meet Mace in book one and learn quickly what a badass she is, so I was pumped that she got her own book. Plus, she got not one, but two sexy men to keep her on her toes.

Alec is brilliant, but damaged. He’s carrying around a galaxy load of guilt and seems determined to work himself into the grave to make
Delphine Dryden
I adore the dynamic Christine gets going between her three protagonists in No Remedy. Even in the throes of frantic, sci-fi disease-driven fantasy sex, there's a certain feel that at heart they're just having good, raunchy fun. And always, the sense that they have one another's best interests at heart. No small task for a threesome fic even without throwing in zippy spaceship chase scenes and the like!
Rafa Brewster
Jun 26, 2016 marked it as to-read
DNF, so I did not rate it. After the sexy fun that was the first book, this book was a disappointment. Their chemistry did not work for me and Byron's cockiness in this case was a turnoff. I normally enjoy a good menage book, but the power dynamic just didn't sit right with me. I might give this book another try in the future, just on the strength of the first book alone.
Dec 11, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Christine D'Abo is one of my favorite Erotic Sci Fi writers and this was a perfect read.
John-Torleif  Harris
Dragged a bit for me

I thought that the pacing in this book felt off. In the middle of the story, I felt like Bry, Mace, and Alec kept being jerked from one unlikely crisis to another just to drag out the suspense. Looking back, I can't say that anything should have been cut, but it just dragged for a chunk of the middle.
Esther Jones
Boring

I liked the first book in this series despite the often awkward writing style, so I was excited to read Mace's story. Unfortunately, it was a disappointment. So many plot points made little to no sense, and the sex scenes bored me.
Secretly Reading
I didn't feel the romance here; all sex, no emotions made this a dull read for me.
Secretly Reading
ItsAboutTheBook
Jun 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: faye
Review can be read at It's About The Book

Mace Simms is running out of time. Her brother-in-law and close friend is not doing well. The poison will kill him if she can’t find the cure. Unfortunately, Alec Roiten is also running out of time. Alec’s former boss wants him back. So does Alec’s former boyfriend. Mace and Alec haven’t actually gone “there” yet, but they want to. So then Byron shows up and he’s a bounty hunter, but there is so much double crossing going on no one knows who’
Tammy
Blog Post: http://lovebytesreviews.com/2016/05/3...
No Remedy takes place three years after No Quarter, in which Captain Faolan Wolf had been poisoned by ryana.
Mace Simms is Faolan’s second in command as well as his sister-in-law. Mace has taken on the task of finding a scientist, becoming his assistant and helping to find the antidote for the ryana poison. Mace has found scientist Alec Roiten, Alec is a genius and the best at what he does. Unbeknowenst to Mace she has found the person who devel
Natosha Wilson
May 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Two is good but three is best or at least in this case. This book picks up a couple years after book 1. Faolan has taken a turn for the worst and even though him and Gar are now married and happy, he has basically given up on finding a cure for the poison that is coursing through his body and just wants to live out what little time he has left.

Mace will not except this and goes and looks for the one person who may be able to help her find a cure, Alec. But with Alec comes more trouble and one of
Blackravens Reviews
Jan 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Lea’s Review:

No Remedy is a truly outstanding story. With great characters, a complicated and intriguing plot, settings that tie into the storyline in a meaningful manner that advances the plot, and a timeframe that has a quite literal deadline ticking away in the back of your mind as you read, this is not only an enjoyable, but memorable book.

Christine d’Abo gifts the reader with a daring combination of sci-fi space adventure, sexy and soulful ménage, and pirating with a conscience topped off w
Tina
Jul 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
No Remedy by Christine D'Abo is the second book in Bounty series. These have to be read in order this book builds on book one.
In this book we have Mace she is Gar's sister. She is looking for a cure to fix his mate, who is also her mentor. I liked how strong of a character she is. She more than just a pretty face. She has brains and sharp wit that help her more than once in this book.
Alec he is a brilliant scientist and just the person Mace needs to help her. He is on a backward world out in th
Amanda
Jun 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
No Remedy is a sexy and suspense-filled space adventure.

This book continues the story from the first book while introducing us to great new characters. Alec, Byron, and Mace make a great triad. Their bedroom power dynamic play adds an interesting element both in terms of their relationship and the steamy sex scenes. As with the first book, the characters are well-developed and intriguing.

I have one complaint about this book. In the first book, there is a plot device that throws Gar and Faolan a
Joyfully Jay
Jun 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sue
A Joyfully Jay review.

4 stars

No Remedy is the direct sequel to No Quarter and the second in the Bounty series. While I suppose you could read No Remedy as a stand alone, it works much better when read along side No Quarter. No Remedy is a strong follow up and actually a shade stronger than its predecessor. The story, saving one teeth gnashing plot device, works nicely and paces itself well, possessing a nice blend of action, angst, and passion. Alec is definitely the character that spoke to me
Teresa
First read May 1 2012

****Reviewed for Prism Book Alliance®****

3.5 Stars -

I really enjoyed the dynamics in No Remedy. This installment of the series has us focusing in Mace, Gar’s sister, in her search for a cure for Faolan. Along the way she discovers not one, but two loves.

I really liked Byron and his commanding ways though wasn’t quite as fond of Alec and his self-pity. Mace was a great mix of vulnerability and strength. All three together balanced each other out.

We get a little BDSM and a l
Cindy
Picked up the first in this series for free on Amazon and moved directly to the next installment in the Bounty series. I am surprised how much I'm enjoying these stories. I don't normally read science fiction (although I usually enjoy it - I'll have to look for more of it in the future). Glad to see the continued story of Gar and Faolan. I was glad to see Mace fighting for her mentor and brother in this story and glad to see the hotties she got involved with. Another great outing in this series!
Emma bramley
May 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
I don't usually read sci-fi fantasy but I thought id give it a try. this author has a fab way of mixing the fantasy sci-fi sex with feelings from the heart that just suck you in. there's is defiantly some hot steamy scenes to help the story progress. what a fab change for me to read.

highly recommended
Magnolia
Jul 09, 2016 rated it liked it
From Magnolia Reviews: Three Petals

Overall I did enjoy reading this book, which is why I recommend it. The characters were dynamic and the plot catching. However, the sex was so poorly timed for the flow of the plot and so repetitive it severely hurt my overall enjoyment.

Read the full review on Maggie's website: http://magnoliareviews.weebly.com/rev...
Tracie R
May 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgally
I enjoyed reading No Remedy. The story was great and I loved the dynamics and the strength of the characters. If you love a hot sci-fi be sure to add this to your 'want to read' list today.

/j
Jun 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
a space adventure and bi characters - yes thank you! add the sex and pretty good writing, it was just what i'd been looking for.
Kristi
Mar 17, 2013
Karine
Jun 30, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
A romance novelist and short story writer, Christine has over forty publications to her name. She loves to exercise and stops writing just long enough to keep her body in motion too. When she’s not pretending to be a ninja in her basement, she’s most likely spending time with her family and two dogs.

My thoughts on any of my Goodreads reviews are only my opinion as a reader. I don't post anything h

Bounty (3 books)
  • No Quarter (Bounty, #1)
  • No Master (Bounty, #3)