Start by marking “The First Day” as Want to Read:
The First Day

The First Day (Le Premier Jour #1)

3.78  ·  Rating Details ·  2,894 Ratings  ·  173 Reviews
Keira dan Adrian terbelalak menatap peta langit yang terpancar dari sebuah kepingan misterius asal Ethiopia. Dalam peta itu terbentang pemandangan langit malam yang hanya bisa dilihat dari bumi 400 juta tahun yang lalu! Jika fosil manusia tertua diduga berumur 6 juta tahun, lantas siapakah yang membuat benda tersebut? Mungkinkah manusia memang telah ada jauh sebelum itu?

Be
Published August 2010 by Bentang Pustaka (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The First Day, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The First Day

Victoria
Jul 25, 2012 Victoria rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read through the reviews for book every time before I add my own review. I saw a lot of negative reviews for this book and also many people rated it with one star.
Well, I think, it is not the book that deserves only one star. Just because the novel is easy to read and understand. Because it took me to the world's different places. While reading this book, I had a phone call, my friend asked me "Where are you?" and I answered "I'm in Paris". Surely I wasn't, it's just I had so vivid feelings wh
Jerome Parisse
Feb 09, 2011 Jerome Parisse rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Among the great mysteries in the world of books and literature is Marc Levy's success. He is the most read French author outside French borders: 10 novels, 20 million copies sold, 41 languages... quite an achievement. Another mystery is why on earth I picked one of his book a few months ago. I had read Mes amis, mes amours a few years back, and didn't like it. So what possessed me to give him another go? What I found in Le Premier Jour (The First Day) appalled me. Levy doesn't write well, but th ...more
Claude Bertout
Jan 23, 2010 Claude Bertout rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Critique d'un livre offert pour Noël. "Cela devrait t'intéresser, le héros est astrophysicien" m'avait dit ma fille. Ni elle ni moi n'avions lu les ouvrages précédents de Marc Lévy, qui vend des millions de livres et a de très nombreux fans.

On pourrait espérer de M. Lévy qu'il respecte les lecteurs qui lui permettent de vivre très confortablement. Malheureusement, tel n'est pas le cas.

Dans ce livre écrit à la va-vite, le manque de réalisme de la description des univers professionnels des deux
Rita
Nov 10, 2013 Rita rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Marc Levy é um autor francês, que já foi traduzido para 41 idiomas e que conta com mais de 20 milhões de exemplares vendidos. Elogiado por leitores e críticos, juntou-se aos 18 anos à Cruz Vermelha Francesa, onde permaneceu durante seis anos, tendo-se formado em Gestão e Informática na Université Paris-Dauphine. Criou uma empresa de design e informática, em 1983, com projectos em França e nos EUA e anos mais tarde fundou uma empresa de design de interiores em Paris.

Aos 37 anos, Marc escreveu o s
Silvana (Por detrás das Palavras)
Este livro é simplesmente divinal... Marc Levy brinda-nos com um escrita apaixonante. Todas as suas palavras nos prendem às folhas, levam o nosso pensamento aos mais diversos pontos do planeta, liga-nos intensamente às maravilhosas personagens a quem ele dá vida.

Keira e Adrian formam um casal maravilhoso e apaixonante... Não menos apaixonantes são as aventuras que os dois partilham em busca das respostas para a sua grande curiosidade científica. Ambos adoram aquilo que fazem e juntos fazem um du
Denise
Jun 29, 2012 Denise rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Anna
End line. Finish. Done.
2-2,5 stars maximum.
The premise was sooo promising. But I think that this kind of stories should be created by sci-fi/fantasy writers, and not by contemporary/romance ones. Because otherwise everything just falls apart and the unravelling of "beginning of everything" mystery turns into "oh, we have to sleep in the same tent *blushes, blushes, blushes*, that's indecent!"... Gush, is this really so important right now???

I stopped caring about the characters on a halfway poin
Bruno

3,5*

Foi uma leitura interessante que me levou a viajar por vários pontos do mundo, onde conheci o museu que tem exposto o Disco de Nebra e o fantástico templo construido no monte Huashan, na agradável companhia das personagens, sempre envolto de ternura e amor, pequenas gargalhadas ali e além, e também fiquei a saber alguns pontos como o facto de a China ter piramides como as do egipto e dos maias e sobre os esqueletos humanos mais antigos encontrados("Lucy" com 3,2 milhões de anos e "Ardi" que
Moushine Zahr
Jun 05, 2016 Moushine Zahr rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book The First Day by Marc Levy is the first novel I read from Marc Levy and I loved it.
I liked very much the two main characters. This book takes us all over the world from Chile, to England, Paris, Greece, Ethiopia, and China...

This book is the 2nd book I read from the 100 free books I won.
2 books read. 98 books to read.
Maria Carmo
Jan 27, 2011 Maria Carmo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
This is an absolutely wonderful book! Its has mystery, adventure, love, romance, humor and marvelous deep characters who almost immediately conquer us. I loved it and I am already reading its sequel! Absolutely a magnificent read!

Maria

Lisbon 12th April 2012.
Mohamed Salem
Aug 11, 2012 Mohamed Salem rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Un astrophysicien, une archéologue, un voyage à travers le temps et l'espace ... De la culture concentrée !
Kim
May 25, 2014 Kim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-books
Inhalt
Ein Anhänger, der alles verändern kann, was die Menschen wissen. Eine Archäologin, die nach dem ersten Menschen sucht und ein Astrophysiker, der fragt, wo die Morgendämmerung anfängt.
Lose Fäden einer Geschichte, die schließlich bei einem Forschungswettstreit zusammengeführt werden, denn der Anhänger ist etwas besonderes und Keira und Adrian wollen hinter sein Geheimnis kommen. Damit sind sie nicht die Einzigen, aber Vorsicht ist bei denen geboten, die auf keinen Fall wollen, dass das Gehe
Eya Beldi
May 19, 2015 Eya Beldi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's 4 stars because the book is in french but the story was worth spending 4 days into it I was so busy while reading this book but I couldn't stop specially because I'm in love with Walter and how funny he is. Wait why am I writing my review in English ? Well I don't know but here is what I know that after reading it I got a wet bed (of tears of course) The end Oh god the end I know it's Marc's way to end all the good stories but I hoped that this one is an exception. Oh and between I feel lik ...more
Ilhem Ben othman

Tout d'abord j'ai choisi de commencer avec Marc Levy par ce livre car le titre a vraiment suscité ma curiosité . "Le premier jour " , ça correspond parfaitement à cette période pendant laquelle je me pose trop de "questions existentielles" et je me trouve sans réponses , ici on ne trouve toujours pas de réponses mais plutôt d'autres questions qui nous incitent à méditer encore .

Je ne peux pas m’empêcher de partager avec vous ce passage sur lequel j'ai longuement réfléchit
, et que pour un insta
Esraa Adel
Jul 12, 2013 Esraa Adel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
قرأت تلك الرواية مقسمة على بضعة أيام حتى اتمكن من تذوق حلاوتها جيدا

قرأتها ببطء شديد حتى استطيع الاستمتاع بكم التعبيرات الرائعة التي تغمر الرواية

أول ما أقرأ لمارك ليفي وبالتأكيد سوف أقرأ له الكثير

رواية جميلة حملتني بين طياتها وبقيت منتظرة حتى أنهيت المائة ورقة الأولى
من دون ان أعلم ما الرابط بين أدريان وكيرا ومن هم تلك الشخصيات المتنقلة بين حياتهما؟

مختلفة حقا تلك الرومانسية الرقيقة

مختلفة تلك القصة التي تبدأ بموقف جديد لم يحدث له مثيل

مختلفة تلك المصادفات التي تتكرر دون أن نعرف لها سبب

تعاون جميل بي
Nana Rexxie
Apr 28, 2014 Nana Rexxie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bien, he tenido este libro abandonado en la estantería por meses, leyendo de dos en dos, de tres en tres, de diez en diez páginas cada nosecuanto tiempo, con lecturas intercaladas en medio, y me arrepiento de no haberle metido mano antes, pues, como siempre de un tiempo a esta parte, las últimas 120 páginas me las he pimplado del tirón, y ahora he salido de la cama para plasmar mis opiniones antes de que la noche borre detalles que me han gustado, impresionado, impactado y emocionado.
Marc Levy
Maria
Feb 17, 2011 Maria rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, romance, marc-levy

O primeiro dia é um livro completamente diferente daqueles que tenho vindo a ler de Marc Levy, mas quem nem por isso me decepcionou. Muito ao jeito dos livros de aventuras, Levy leva os seus leitores a partir para um dos grandes segredos escondidos e que muitos desejam descobrir: há quantos milhões de anos surgiu o primeiro homem na Terra?
Keira passou três anos na Etiópia a escavar a terra em busca de uns quantos ossos fossilizados que lhe permitissem penetrar no mistério da origem da humanidade
Mati
May 04, 2013 Mati rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Konu özetini görünce mutlaka okumalıyım dediğim bir kitap oldu benim için.
Bilim kurgu macera tarzında bir kitap, ancak öyle hani hani çok uçuk kaçık değil, her an olabilecek, aklın mantığın reddetmeyeceği hatta belki de biz bilmiyoruz ama yaşanıyor diyebileceğimiz bir türden kitap olmuş. Türü Bilim Kurgu, konusu da bilim insanları ve keşifler olunca kitabın içinde bilimsel açıklamaların yer alması kaçınılmaz değil mi?
Kafanızda tereddüt oluşmasın, kitap sadece ders gibi değil, ciddi bir macera ve
Susana U
Dec 26, 2011 Susana U rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hay días de nimiedades, días de los que uno se acuerda mucho tiempo sin que pueda verdaderamente saber por qué.

Hay días hechos de nimiedades y que llenan el alma de melancolía, momentos de soledad de los que uno se acuerda durante mucho, mucho tiempo.

Mirando los objetos cotidianos, como un cuchillo para la mantequilla, es cuando uno se da cuenta de que alguien se ha ido y no volverá más; un estúpido cuchillo que corta para siempre las rodajas de soledad en nuestra vida.

Escuchando a Keira, me d
Ana
Feb 17, 2014 Ana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Me encantó Las cosas que no nos dijimos, entonces cuando un día al salir de trabajar pasé por un outlet de libros y vi el cartel con la promoción "3 x $250" (algo así como 3 libros por 12 dólares) no pude resistirme a entrar, y más cuando en la vidriera había dos libros que Marc Levy que no sabía ni que existían.
Este libro es largo, pero te engancha de una manera que te hace pensar que no tiene más de 100 páginas. La tapa de la edición que yo tengo dice "La aventura de amar como nunca te la han
Galina
Предполагам, че тази книга щеше да ме грабне в случай, че обичах литература тип "Шифърът на Леонардо". Но аз не я обичам. И отчитам, че това е един от случаите, в които сгреших, недоверявайки се на задната корица.
Прекалено много конспирации за моя вкус, прекалено забързано действие, разпиляно в различните посоки на света, прекалено малко въпроси, чиито отговори интересуват мен. Или по-скоро не ме интересуват поднесени по този начин, защото в "Как е започнало всичко?" в случая няма екзистенциалн
Rubysbooks
Mar 19, 2011 Rubysbooks rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think this book is a mystery of sorts, a romantic mystery, a genre that I think fits very well with Levy's writing style. What I love about Levy's novels is the fact that each of them has a lesson. For example, in another of his novels, My friends, my lovers (original title: Mes amis, mes amours), the lesson is that real friends are there for each other always.

The book is light, easy to read. The ending is kind of surprising, but that is because the book has a second part, The First Night (Le
María Angélica
Jul 15, 2013 María Angélica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Más que una historia de amor, es una historias de aventuras fascinantes y maravillosas en donde un astrofísico y una arqueóloga buscan esas respuestas a sus preguntas. Levy te lleva desde Chile a Londres pasando por África y China en una trama que si bien ha sabido engancharme de principio a fin hubo partes en el que le falto ese algo para que terminara de amar el libro.
Gökhann
Önce derin bir ohhh! sonunda bitti :D 2.5aydır okuyorum bu kitabı.
Sıkıcımıydı hayır kesinlikle değil,ortalamanın üzerinde bir kitaptı hatta.Sonlara doğru bir uzadın sen be kitap hissi olmasa ve sonu olmasa 4 verirdim.
Önerirmiyim? Pek değil bunun yerine gidin 2012-kristal kafatasını(manda scott) okuyun.
Dec 19, 2015 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, romántica
Definitivamente, Marc Levy me ha conquistado.
Por ahora este es el libro del autor en el que menos historia de amor he encontrado. Es más bien un libro de aventuras y misterio que te hace viajar por casi todo el mundo; y como siempre, con sus descripciones, hace que te mueras de envidia y quieras ir a todos esos lugares, incluso al Valle del Omo en Etiopía!

Fanda Kutubuku
Jan 07, 2011 Fanda Kutubuku rated it it was amazing
Aku baca versi terjemahannya, terbitan Bentang: The First Day. Indah kisahnya, perpaduan arkeologi dan astronomi yang mengambil lokasi tempat-tempat eksotis dan dibumbui thriller serta cinta sejati. Aku suka dengan karakter-karakter utamanya: Keira (nama yang bagus ya?) dan Adrian.
Marie
Sep 19, 2010 Marie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult-fiction
Noella mostafii
Vadym Buncha
Jan 10, 2013 Vadym Buncha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh God, why i'm not an astrophysicist or astronom)) biophysicists don't look in the sky so often)
Fefi
Jun 01, 2017 Fefi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Davvero gradevole questo Marc Levy più avventuroso. Forse il mistero del ciondolo non è così accattivante,ma tutta la tela intessuta intorno ad esso,stuzzica comunque la curiosità.Non manca nemmeno un po' di ironia,che non guasta.
  • Je reviens te chercher
  • The Old Reliable
  • Judgment Day
  • La consolante
  • La valse lente des tortues
  • El Quinto Evangelio
  • Contele de Monte Cristo (Contele de Monte Cristo, #1)
  • N'oublier jamais
  • Florent (Le goût du bonheur, #3)
  • La Vallée des larmes (Coeur de Gaël, #1)
  • La Part de l'autre
  • La mémoire fantôme (Lucie Hennebelle, #2)
  • Métronome : L'histoire de France au rythme du métro parisien
  • Tuer le père
  • The Tower of Babel
Marc Levy was born in France on October 16th, 1961.When he turned eighteen, he joined the Red Cross, where he spent the next six years. In parallel, he studied management and computer programming at Paris-Dauphine University. In 1983, he created a computer graphics company based in France and the United States.

Six years later, he lost majority control of the group and resigned. Starting again from
More about Marc Levy...

Le Premier Jour (2 books)
  • La Première Nuit

“Perdre quelqu'un qu'on a aimé est terrible, mais le pire serait de ne pas l'avoir rencontré.” 56 likes
“Le temps n’efface pas tout, certains instants restent intacts en nos mémoires, sans que l’on sache pourquoi ceux-là plus que d’autres. Peut-être sont-ce là quelques confidences subtiles que la vie nous livre en silence.” 40 likes