Start by marking “Selling To Vito: The Very Important Top Officer” as Want to Read:
Selling To Vito: The Very Important Top Officer

Selling To Vito: The Very Important Top Officer

Selling to Vito contains all the tactics you need to get appointments with impossible-to-reach top decision-makers. They in fact are the Very Important Top Officers (VITOs), the people with the ultimate veto power who hold the key to bigger commission checks, every sales award you could possibly win, and VITO to VITO referrals that you can take to the bank!
You'll quickly l
Paperback
Published September 1st 1999 by Adams Media

To ask other readers questions about Selling To Vito, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Selling To Vito

Start your review of Selling To Vito: The Very Important Top Officer
Megan
Dec 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
I've always avoided any books that seemed like "self-help" and I find business boring but... I guess I am finally a real adult, because my new boss recommended this to me and I read it, and found a couple of useful things within its pages. It's a bit dated, but still general enough to be relevant.
D.J. Sebastian
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Simply the best book ever written on selling. Gives the reader a unique, and proven approach for selling at the top, and a process that ensures you are spending your time wisely in opportunity pursuits.
Sophie Smith
Jan 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019, work-books
Read for work. Has some interesting points, but isn’t life changing.
Andrew B
Feb 09, 2014 rated it liked it
I dug this book, but giving it 3 stars because I've only just recently started a job where the information here would be useful. Also, I'm about a full year from the core concept of the book to be applicable to my job.

The book outlines and details a few letters and call strategies to reach the decision-makers of your potential customers. It's a unique idea and I don't doubt its effectiveness, but this book isn't for beginners, it's for the more tenured salespeople of the industry.

I'll revisit th
Mark
Dec 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned, favorites, business
Selling is tough and finding new prospects is even tougher. Parinello provides you with new tools to break into new accounts. How do I know this…I actually put his system to the test and saw results with real opportunities that moved into a sales cycle.

I would highly recommend if you are looking for a way to find new clients.
Ted
Nov 14, 2007 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: people who sell for a living, customer service representatives
It may be written as though it's the barely edited lecture notes the author uses in his motivational seminars, but there's not denying the value of the message he conveys in this book. I consider this one of the more helpful books for people in sales that I've read.
Jackie
Dec 22, 2016 rated it did not like it
Couldn't even finish this one. Didn't buy into this author's theory of sales.
David
Nov 21, 2008 rated it really liked it
great for getting to VITO. I have tried it with success a few times.
Letitia
Jun 12, 2007 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Business Professionals/Sales people
Pretty revolutionary sales approaches...interesting if you're into that kind of stuff. I had to read it for work.
Lori Grant
Mar 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
A should-read book on sales and selling techniques for knowledge workers, managers, executives, and entrepreneurs.
Sandra
Jun 27, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mlm-books, leadership
great book on explaining how to sell (and not to sell) to VITO's --very important Top CEO officers.

Great for the sales beginner or those who are looking to improve their sales techniques.

Rebecca
Dec 03, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: business-sales
The entire VITO concept was recently introduced to my sales team. An excellent reminder of the importance of top-down selling, but parts of it are slightly unrealistic.
Carey
Dec 18, 2008 rated it liked it
Haven't finished it, but the idea and concept is interesting. But you have to be able to justify your cost savings to the companies you are calling.
Eric
Aug 15, 2012 rated it liked it
Reminder that you always have to consider your audience and tailor your message to them and what they concern themselves with everyday.
Keith Brooks
Dec 28, 2013 rated it liked it
Read it, dogeared a bit but felt like I was being pitched a telecommercial.
Bhavin Shah
Sep 07, 2011
Ann
May 16, 2014
Chris
rated it did not like it
Mar 04, 2008
Michael Davis
Dec 13, 2019
Doug
Jun 05, 2014

• So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, #4)
  • Decisions with Multiple Objectives: Preferences and Value Trade-Offs
  • How to Read a Book: The Classic Guide to Intelligent Reading
  • Awareness: A de Mello Spirituality Conference in His Own Words
  • Major Account Sales Strategy
  • The Way of the Superior Man: A Spiritual Guide to Mastering the Challenges of Women, Work, and Sexual Desire
  • Mitla Pass
  • The Strategy Paradox: Why committing to success leads to failure (and what to do about it)
  • Outwitting the Devil: The Secret to Freedom and Success
  • The Book on the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are
  • The 10 Pillars of Wealth: Mind-Sets of the World's Richest People
  • Polactwo
  • Dollars want me; the new road to opulence: a soul culture lesson..
  • Start It, Sell It and Make a Mint: 20 Wealth-Creating Secrets for Business Owners
  • The Magic of Thinking Big
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Made Simple: 10 Strategies for Managing Anxiety, Depression, Anger, Panic, and Worry
  • Jed McKenna's Theory of Everything
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy: 7 Ways to Freedom from Anxiety, Depression, and Intrusive Thoughts (Training, Techniques, Course, Self-Help)