Start by marking “Selling To Vito: The Very Important Top Officer” as Want to Read:
Selling To Vito: The Very Important Top Officer

Selling To Vito: The Very Important Top Officer

Selling to Vito contains all the tactics you need to get appointments with impossible-to-reach top decision-makers. They in fact are the Very Important Top Officers (VITOs), the people with the ultimate veto power who hold the key to bigger commission checks, every sales award you could possibly win, and VITO to VITO referrals that you can take to the bank!
You'll quickly l
Paperback
Published September 1st 1999 by Adams Media (first published August 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Selling To Vito, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Selling To Vito

Start your review of Selling To Vito: The Very Important Top Officer
Mitchell Williams
Jan 05, 2021 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book, it was a bit more of a break down in sales techniques, what to track and how to contact the VITO ( decision makers) of companies. It also gives you good points on what to say how to say it. Over all a good read for anyone looking to pick up extra knowledge in the world of sales.
D.J. Sebastian
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Simply the best book ever written on selling. Gives the reader a unique, and proven approach for selling at the top, and a process that ensures you are spending your time wisely in opportunity pursuits.
Sophie
Jan 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019, work-books
Read for work. Has some interesting points, but isn’t life changing.
Robert Bogue
Mar 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Who do you sell to when you sell? Do you sell to the person that you’re able to reach or to the right person? Do you start your sales process knowing who you’re ultimately going to have to convince? If you do, then why don’t you start there and have them refer you down to folks to talk to before coming back up for the final approval? Won’t that make it easier? That’s what Selling to VITO: The Very Important Top Officer is all about. How to engage the right person in the right way from the start ...more
Jessica
The bravado can be useful, particularly if you've encountered CEOs/Presidents/Etc that are personable in speaking, but may not automatically relate to the purchasing portion of the business; it can help to reflect on the ways what you offer is of key concern, and to let this matching of interests frame your points - and your persistence.

The typecasting veers a little extreme, particularly in an era that's seen its share of technocrats. Integrating this and "Strategic Selling" is more than a litt
Tim
Aug 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm not in sales so much of the book was not directly related to what I do - sorta. But I do understand that I have to 'sell' myself and provide the product VITO's are looking for (myself as in the type of work that I do). So the first couple chapters really made sense and rang true for me. They were things I knew, but don't always stay focused on unfortunately. So the refresher is well needed. The rest of the book went into process and so on of sales and I can say that they author is correct in ...more
Andrew B
Feb 09, 2014 rated it liked it
I dug this book, but giving it 3 stars because I've only just recently started a job where the information here would be useful. Also, I'm about a full year from the core concept of the book to be applicable to my job.

The book outlines and details a few letters and call strategies to reach the decision-makers of your potential customers. It's a unique idea and I don't doubt its effectiveness, but this book isn't for beginners, it's for the more tenured salespeople of the industry.

I'll revisit th
Megan
Dec 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: didnt-finish
I've always avoided any books that seemed like "self-help" and I find business boring but... I guess I am finally a real adult, because my new boss recommended this to me and I read it, and found a couple of useful things within its pages. It's a bit dated, but still general enough to be relevant.
**My copy of this is currently sitting at my desk in my office which I haven't been at in over a year. I kinda hope I NEVER go back.
Mark
Dec 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned, favorites, business
Selling is tough and finding new prospects is even tougher. Parinello provides you with new tools to break into new accounts. How do I know this…I actually put his system to the test and saw results with real opportunities that moved into a sales cycle.

I would highly recommend if you are looking for a way to find new clients.
Ted
Nov 14, 2007 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: people who sell for a living, customer service representatives
It may be written as though it's the barely edited lecture notes the author uses in his motivational seminars, but there's not denying the value of the message he conveys in this book. I consider this one of the more helpful books for people in sales that I've read. ...more
Jackie
Dec 22, 2016 rated it did not like it
Couldn't even finish this one. Didn't buy into this author's theory of sales. ...more
Brady
Nov 25, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business
Some good tips and theories, but not all are practical or relevant.
Eliot
Must read for sales.
Kelli Shinault
May 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great positioning

Easy to read and functional making a defined process to execute the strategies within. It was a great book. If you sell , buy this.
David
Nov 21, 2008 rated it really liked it
great for getting to VITO. I have tried it with success a few times.
David Dalka
Jun 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Provides a unique framework to think about and view the sales process.
Letitia
Jun 12, 2007 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Business Professionals/Sales people
Pretty revolutionary sales approaches...interesting if you're into that kind of stuff. I had to read it for work. ...more
Paul
Feb 28, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great review of the selling process with the author's spin on how to sell at the top of a company. ...more
Lori Grant
Mar 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
A should-read book on sales and selling techniques for knowledge workers, managers, executives, and entrepreneurs.
Manish Sharma
nothin
Sandra
Jun 27, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mlm-books, leadership
great book on explaining how to sell (and not to sell) to VITO's --very important Top CEO officers.

Great for the sales beginner or those who are looking to improve their sales techniques.

Rebecca
Dec 03, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: business-sales
The entire VITO concept was recently introduced to my sales team. An excellent reminder of the importance of top-down selling, but parts of it are slightly unrealistic.
Carey
Dec 18, 2008 rated it liked it
Haven't finished it, but the idea and concept is interesting. But you have to be able to justify your cost savings to the companies you are calling. ...more
Eric
Aug 15, 2012 rated it liked it
Reminder that you always have to consider your audience and tailor your message to them and what they concern themselves with everyday.
Keith Brooks
Dec 28, 2013 rated it liked it
Read it, dogeared a bit but felt like I was being pitched a telecommercial.
Vinay Agarwal
Michael B. Maisel
Aug 11, 2020

• Decisions with Multiple Objectives: Preferences and Value Trade-Offs
  • The Challenger Sale: Taking Control of the Customer Conversation
  • Start It, Sell It and Make a Mint: 20 Wealth-Creating Secrets for Business Owners
  • The 4-Hour Body: An Uncommon Guide to Rapid Fat-Loss, Incredible Sex, and Becoming Superhuman
  • The Pope: Francis, Benedict, and the Decision That Shook the World
  • The Strategy Paradox: Why committing to success leads to failure (and what to do about it)
  • Mitla Pass
  • The Way of the Superior Man: A Spiritual Guide to Mastering the Challenges of Women, Work, and Sexual Desire
  • Outwitting the Devil: The Secret to Freedom and Success
  • Flights
  • The Book on the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are
  • The 10 Pillars of Wealth: Mind-Sets of the World's Richest People
  • The Magic of Thinking Big
  • Polactwo
  • Dollars want me; the new road to opulence: a soul culture lesson..
  • Major Account Sales Strategy
  • Crossing the Chasm: Marketing and Selling High-Tech Products to Mainstream Customers
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy: 7 Ways to Freedom from Anxiety, Depression, and Intrusive Thoughts (Training, Techniques, Course, Self-Help)