Start by marking “Intuition: Knowing Beyond Logic” as Want to Read:
Intuition: Knowing Beyond Logic

Intuition: Knowing Beyond Logic (Osho Insights for a new way of living )

4.17  ·  Rating details ·  1,726 Ratings  ·  103 Reviews
Intuition deals with the difference between the intellectual, logical mind and the more encompassing realm of spirit. Logic is how the mind knows reality, intuition is how the spirit experiences reality. Osho's discussion of these matters is wonderfully lucid, occasionally funny, and thoroughly engrossing.

All people have a natural capacity for intuition, but often social c
Published April 1st 2007 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Intuition, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Intuition

Glenn Russell
Nov 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Osho is fantastic. At the moment I'm listening and committing to memory a number of string quartets, a most rewarding and energizing experience. What is required in doing this is not reason or logic but intuition, which reminded me of this inspirational book by Osho. I started to reread and couldn't stop. I wanted to share a few of my reflections.

“To know means to be silent, utterly silent, so you can hear the still, small voice within. To know means to drop the mind. When you are absolutely sti
Alka Arya
May 26, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Intelligence is the inborn capacity to see, to perceive. Every child is born intelligent, then made stupid by the society. We educate him in stupidity, and sooner or later he graduates in stupidity.
mai ahmd
Dec 19, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: فلسفة
لا أعرف ماذا ممكن أن يقال عن كتب أوشو .أوشو يأخذك لمنطقة عليا بعيدا عن حدود التفكير يدور بك في أفلاك عدة يروي القصص ليريك أمورا فيها قد لا تخطر لك على البال . إن كنتُ أرغب يوما ما بإعادة قراءة كتب مؤلف ما فبتأكيد سيكون أوشو على رأس القائمة
في كتابه الحدس يعلمك أوشو كيف تثق بحدسك أن تؤمن به ذلك الوميض الذي يأتي من المجهول فرصة قد تضيع حين نقلب التفكير

يقول أوشو : كن حدسيا وحسب !

كتاب روحاني عميق وجميل جدا
Alefia
Mar 23, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I picked this book, I must admit I was quite skeptical as to what influence will it have on me. And for me a good book is not what I read, it is a book which reads me. I was in complete awe after finishing it. This book definitely makes you break free the shackles of the rigid mindset that keeps your life grounded in the complexities of everyday living. You never get to lift your feet from the ground realities; fly with the wings of your imagination is pure fiction. Osho just dissolves thos ...more
Adrienne S.
Sep 07, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW! Super amazing. If you ever wondering why your logical brain can't figure out intuition, this book will tell you why!!! Your rational mind can not accept or understand anything that exists above it. In other words, your intuition is above your intellect. Bottom line: so don't cling to what you know logically, cause what you don't know (intuition) is stronger than what you do!!
Sach Singh
Nov 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Osho... True to form :)

Like many of Osho's books, this one is about what the title concludes, and yet also... not (or at least not in the way some readers might be expecting). He sometimes makes creative leaps into seemingly-unrelated content, but it always comes together for me at some point when I can see the bigger picture he is pointing to. There is a lot more to this book than most books on intuition, and yet this book is tiny! If you're looking for one of those quick "psychic development"
Atul Sabnis
Jun 29, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Atul by: Sunil
It was the most innocent pick-up of the year, I think. When I picked up Intuition: Knowing Beyond Logic, by Osho, you could say, it was intuitive.

I am amused and smiling as I write the review. One of the resonating themes of the books is to let go of the shackles of the belief system(s) that you have adorned, imbibed and ingrained over the years. Whatever these may be - religious, spiritual, social or political.

Osho says in a section of the book - to be in the moment and not necessarily agree or
ليلى المطوع

نعم يمكنك اعتبار هذا الكتاب بوابه لتترك روحك تحلق ، انه يخلصك من ثقلك
يقشر طبقات عقلك من الافكار المترسبة ، العقيدة ، الظواهر الاجتماعية ، العقد النفسية وكل طبقه وضعها المجتمع المحيط بك

مهما قرأت هذا الكتاب لن تشبع منه

الرأس يفكر فقط لذلك لايتوصل الى اية خلاصة
ص 16

Tony Kaldas
Jan 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Osho as usual is a person who always gives you the truth in your face!
Judy Phin
Jul 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Listening and following your Intuition is something that is never taught in schools or anywhere really... this book opens up the idea of your putting trust in your inner guide. Very interesting read!
Rasha Alnajim
Sep 15, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
من الضروري أن نقرأ كتابًا سيئًا في العام .
Cassandra Stroehmer

One of my favorite books of all time. Simple, honest, profound... Life changing.
Dan S.
Jan 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best books I've ever read. It helped me tremendously with my life and outlook. Osho can be provocative and downright confrontational in a lot of his writing but I found intuition very affirming and helpful. Trusting oneself is a lifelong quest that should be pursued.
Suzy
Apr 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reviewing this book will never do it justice.
Nehal Abdurhaman
Jun 17, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
قرأت هذا الكتاب لسببين :
أودّ أن أفهم الإحساس التوقعات الغير منطقية التي تحدث حقيقة مثل شعور الأم بحدوث خطر لأبنها و يكون فعلاً هو في خطر. ما هذا ؟ مالذي يحدث في دواخلنا ؟ ( فلربما أجد شيء هنا ) او القدرة على توقع حدوث الأشياء و حصولها فعليًا.

السبب الثاني أود أن أقرأ لأوشو لا عن آراء في أوشو .

الكتاب تكلم عن فطرة القلب بالشعور او حتى الإحساس بالخطر مثل الأمهات -او مثل ما يحدث معي- . كما للعقل فطرة المنطق و للجسد الغريزة .

يقول :"الحدس هو ظاهرة مختلفة كليًّا عن التفكير المنطقي ؛ يجادل يستخدم عمل
Lucas Lundin
Jan 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There are few "spiritual", "mystic", meditational books that I can read page to page and agree with everything being said- I mean that's rare in any book. Osho does a great job of seperating "fact from fiction" and the overbearing traditions from long practiced meditations. Taught me great insight on the silent side the of the mind.
Maya Kenova
This is not the typical self-help book. That's a book that can truly turn your life upside down and help you go back on the right track after all the harm educational institutions and society as a whole have inflicted upon us. It is an eye-opening read and one that propels you towards saving what you label, YOUR life.
Sooraj Raju
Aug 14, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had always believed in intuition. But was always in an imbalance with the inner voice and the sense of reasoning. Osho has given me enough insight to be comfortable with my intuitions and to follow it in life as you follow your instincts.
Munkhbayar Baatarkhuu
This was dastantik. Here goes the pringes on the courtling poreas, and the beauty of the morning peackot surbounds mene heart. No destination, but direction. There is nothing higher than human consciousness and nothing more beautiful than this life. Oh deur per mene sanchitos! Laphrim.
Elbe
Sep 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In a way very encouraging book... so all that I knew as a child was true, so all that my mother taught me was true... it just went a bit amiss, when the society finally hit in. And good... that I've diced already few years ago to follow my heart again... :)
Corry Hinckley
May 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book made me stop pretending I didn't know things I had known all along. I couldn't continue to live like I was unaware because it felt ridiculous to be dishonest after reading Osho.
Sittaraman Gunasegaran
I think this book would be confusing for the starters .. it will be a good book for seekers !
It is a treat and definitely confuse you !
Shaima Kutbi
الغريب في كتب أوشو المليانة كلام فاضي الا ان في الكلام شي يشدني اقرأها وبين الكلام الدش ألاقي كلام مفيد وحكمة
Jaspreet Kaur
Jun 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The best. Only Osho could have explained it this well. A must read. :)
They say there is a right time for every book to be read. Mine came a few days ago.
Maryam AL_Oraij
ما بين الجسد و الغريزة و الفكر تبحر مع أوشو بمسائل عميقة جدا ظلمت بالترجمة سيئة للأسف ، ربما يحضى بتقييم افضل بترجمة أخرى !!
Karthick Rajan R
Really nice book to show "What is Intelligence, Intuition, Instinct and intellect was ?"
Chinmay K
Sep 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Superb explaination on the 3 layers of consciousness humans possess. Body, mind and spirit.
Monoshita
Nov 30, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
It was a waste of time. #sorrynotsorry
Lemo
Mar 17, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
لا يحتوي إلا القليل من الأفكار المفيدة وبيحاول يقنع القارء بالمادة هاد كتاب ماركسي بامتياز
Sujata Sahni
soho characterises the new human being as "Zorba the Buddha", capable of enjoying both the earthly pleasures of Zorba the Greek and the silent serenity of Gautama Buddha. According to reason, there are two realms of existence, the known and the unknown. Instinct is what belongs to the animal past, intellect is human, it is our present. Intuition on the other hand opens its doors through meditation. Instinct does not hear, it is deaf. Intellect will hear and philosophize. Intuition is a seer, it ...more
Must read book 1 17 Dec 03, 2012 01:46AM
  • Soul Vows: Gathering the Presence of the Divine in You, Through You, and As You
  • Dreaming the Soul Back Home: Shamanic Dreaming for Healing and Becoming Whole
  • The Divine Romance: Collected Talks and Essays on Realizing God in Daily Life
  • Oneness With All Life: Inspirational Selections from A New Earth
  • The Mindful Woman: Gentle Practices for Restoring Calm, Finding Balance, and Opening Your Heart
  • Wen-Tzu
  • The Ecstasy of Surrender: 12 Surprising Ways Letting Go Can Empower Your Life
  • Fear of Life
  • Barthes for Beginners
  • Tears to Triumph: The Spiritual Journey from Suffering to Enlightenment
  • Journey of the Heart: The Path of Conscious Love
  • Biochemistry for Dummies
  • Fallen Leaves: Last Words on Life, Love, War, and God
  • Aging as a Spiritual Practice: A Contemplative Guide to Growing Older and Wiser
  • Muscles: Testing and Function, with Posture and Pain: Includes a Bonus Primal Anatomy CD-ROM
  • Eastern Body, Western Mind: Psychology and the Chakra System As a Path to the Self
  • The Illuminated Prayer: The Five-Times Prayer of the Sufis
  • The Laughing Jesus: Religious Lies and Gnostic Wisdom
One of the most provocative and inspiring spiritual teachers of the twentieth century, Osho defies categorization - reflecting everything from the individual quest for meaning to the most urgent social and political issues facing society today. His books are not written but are transcribed from recordings of extemporaneous talks given over a period of thirty-five years. Osho has been described by ...more
More about Osho...

Osho Insights for a new way of living (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Courage: The Joy of Living Dangerously
  • Fear: Understanding and Accepting the Insecurities of Life
  • Awareness: The Key to Living in Balance
  • L'eterno nel tempo
  • Compassion: The Ultimate Flowering of Love
  • Creativity: Unleashing the Forces Within (Osho Insights for a New Way of Living)
  • Freedom: The Courage to Be Yourself
  • Intelligence: The Creative Response to Now
  • Intimacy: Trusting Oneself and the Other
  • Joy: The Happiness That Comes from Within

“Intellect is not going to be your home. It is a small instrument, to be used only for passing from instinct to intuition. So only the person who uses his intellect to go beyond it can be called intelligent. Intuition is existential. Instinct is natural. Intellect is just groping in the dark. The faster you move beyond intellect, the better; intellect can be a barrier to those who think nothing is beyond it. Intellect can be a beautiful passage for those who understand that there is certainly something beyond it.” 6 likes
“The world of politics is basically of the instinctive level. It belongs to the law of the jungle: might is right. And the people who get interested in politics are the most mediocre. Politics needs no other qualifications except one—that is, a deep feeling of inferiority.” 5 likes