Start by marking “Frío como el acero (Camel Club, #3)” as Want to Read:
Frío como el acero (Camel Club, #3)

Frío como el acero (Camel Club #3)

4.11  ·  Rating details ·  31,792 Ratings  ·  1,441 Reviews
Oliver Stone y el Camel Club- un grupo de ex agentes de la CIA dispuesto a no dejar impunes los crímenes perpetrados por los servicios de inteligencia- se enfrentan a una peligrosa aventura. Su amiga Annabelle Conroy ha estafado millones de dólares a Jerry Bagger, asesino de su madre y dueño de un exitoso casino en Atlantic City. Stone y sus colegas cierran filas para prot ...more
Published July 2009 by Ediciones B (first published November 6th 2007)

Lee Battersby
Jun 16, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
There isn't a cliche in the world that David Baldacci doesn't hit in this book. Leaden prose, two-dimensional characters, the standard retired-super-soldier-with-secret-past plot.... this is Lee Child for the silver set, so greyishly familiar and just downright stupid that it might be the first novel to pass the Turing Test, it's so hard to believe it was written by a human author and didn't, somehow, write itself from a few choice prompts. Don't bother.

Mahoghani 23
Carter Gray & Roger Simpson are two of the most self-serving people who should not be in leadership positions but they are. They've sacrificed others for their own benefit as well as taken lives.....now they're on the receiving end of their own devious plots. Someone wants them dead and has the skills and capabilities to do so. As usual, Carter Gray sacrifices John Carr aka Olver Stone. The price for that deception is something neither Roger or Carter can afford.

This story was written to inc
Toni Osborne
Feb 12, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Camel Club, book 3

Annabelle Conroy is again joining Oliver Stone and the Camel Club's group of mismatched characters in this suspenseful and unforgettable novel of revenge, conspiracy and murder.

The previous novel "The Collector" (a must read) laid the background for this novel, in it Annabelle Conroy pulled a con on Casino king Jerry Bagger and she is now hunted by him and needs all the resources the Camel Club can provide to protect her.

While protecting Annabelle, the group faces a new opponen
Corey
Jan 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery-thriller
This is the first book by David Baldacci that I've read, and since it was the third installment in the Camel Club series and I haven't read the previous two books I thought I'd be lost with this one. But no, it was very straightforward, and right up my alley, and since reading this book I've become a big David Baldacci fan.
Benjamin Thomas
Jun 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
The third book of the Camel Club series is a direct continuation of book 2, The Collectors with the continuing plot line involving Annabelle and the aftermath of her long con operation against Casino mogul Jerry Bagger. We also have a new plot line involving the one-after-another deaths of people from Oliver Stone’s shadowy past, which seems likely to catch up to Stone as well at some point. This time around we get a lot more information about Stone’s history and we get to see a side of him that ...more
Linda Munro
Mar 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In November, when I broke out with Shingles for the second time in my life, my doctor was concerned, but four months later when it happens again; I ended up sitting in her office nearly an entire day; thank heaven, I brought a book!

I love David Baldacci! I learned about his books on goodreads.com, which, by the way, is the only place I now check for books and authors!

This is the third book in the Camel Club series, and if it wasn’t for the fact that I am reading these books well after they have
Mark
Mar 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of decent thriller & david Baldacci
Recommended to Mark by: the satisfactory writing of David Baldacci
The sequel to The Collectors and book 3 in the Camel Club series, offers once again two seperate storylines that this time do not merge at all. They take place side by side. First of the Annabelle part of the story gets its conclusion when Jerry Bagger gets his chance to apprehend the girl he could have loved but conned him out of 40 million dollars. And we all know a man has gotta do what a mans gotta do. The ending of this story was unavoidable but decent enough.
Story two is in essence a seque
Barry
Jun 24, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another page turner in the style my friend Laura calls Scooby Doo stories. There are miraculous resolutions brought on by incredible coincidences that bring the story to an end.
Mind you, there were a few miraculous incidents along the way as the story developed as well. Characters were blessed with almost divine omniscience to know exactly what their antagonists were doing and thinking.
While all the juggling is taking place, snipers shooting through photos at a quarter mile and so forth, the gu
Keith
Oct 05, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A quick read that rates high on the entertainment scale but stretches the credulity of even regular fans of “secret government” paranoia. An old guy with all of the physical strength of a twenty year old but the experience of decades, a mind like a computer and the structural character of an ancient oak who has actually learned something from his past mistakes. Hmm..I like the concept but…nah, I’ll stick with superman or 007.
Franco  Santos
Nov 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
En mi opinión es el mejor libro de la saga del Camel Club. Es sumamente adictivo y está lleno de acción. En este los secretos más oscuros de Oliver Stone se revelan, poniendo en peligro a las personas más queridas del exagente.

Es un libro que marca un antes y un después en la serie. Esta entrega te rompe el corazón, créanme.

Como dice en la contratapa de la novela: Las vidas de los sobrevivientes de esta historia cambiarán para siempre.
Goodreads Librari...: please add new page count 2 10 Aug 19, 2017 10:37AM
Goodreads Librari...: ISBN-978-0-446-57739-1 2 28 Jan 23, 2013 12:32PM
adventure/mystery 3 45 Aug 30, 2011 08:03AM
  • The Third Option (Mitch Rapp, #4)
  • The Last Patriot (Scot Harvath, #7)
  • Wild Fire (John Corey, #4)
  • The Traitor (Tommy Carmellini #2)
  • A Death in Vienna (Gabriel Allon, #4)
  • The First Counsel
  • The Charlemagne Pursuit (Cotton Malone, #4)
David Baldacci has been writing since childhood, when his mother gave him a lined notebook in which to write down his stories. (Much later, when David thanked her for being the spark that ignited his writing career, she revealed that she’d given him the notebook to keep him quiet, because “every mom needs a break now and then.”) He published his first novel, Absolute Power, in 1996; one year later ...more
More about David Baldacci...

Camel Club (5 books)
  • The Camel Club (Camel Club, #1)
  • The Collectors (Camel Club, #2)
  • Divine Justice (Camel Club, #4)
  • Hell's Corner (Camel Club, #5)
“Find something to believe in, Carter, other than your work. Because when you leave this life, you leave work behind. If that’s all you have, then you have nothing. And eternity is a long time for nothing.” 1 likes
“chauffeur of three, including a precocious, independent-minded teenage boy.” 0 likes