Start by marking “Living Through the Meantime: Learning to Break the Patterns of the Past and Beg” as Want to Read:
Living Through the Meantime: Learning to Break the Patterns of the Past and Beg

Living Through the Meantime: Learning to Break the Patterns of the Past and Beg

From the host of the OWN TV show, Iyanla: Fix My Life, the companion workbook to Iyanla Vanzant’s #1 New York Times bestseller In the Meantime provides an easy, step-by-step program to help you begin the healing process after facing adversity.

Are you in the Meantime?

Are you confused, angry, disappointed, frustrated, anxious, apprehensive, sorry for yourself, or generally w
Published March 17th 2002 by Touchstone (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Living Through the Meantime, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Living Through the Meantime

Brent
Feb 15, 2009 Brent rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This books is very timely since I am coming off a long and painful relationship. Many self awareness truism like:

When we forget that God loves us, we strike out in search of a human lover to fulfill our needs to be loved.

Acknowledge your feeling by saying:
I forgive myself if my perception is inaccurate but right now I am feeling ______

That’s what surrender is all about – simply stop doing things that make you miserable, crazy, unhappy, self hating and neurotic. When you stop abusing yourself in
Nxotyeni
This book allowed me the skill to be able to move on from a 'VALLEY'. To be able to acknowledge my feelings/emotions, live with them, get rid of them, and ultimately move on. Praising my God all the way.
Soul-jurney
Oct 03, 2008 Soul-jurney marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Have loved her other books so this one will surely add growth
Melissa
Aug 15, 2012 Melissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
THIS BOOK WAS INCREDIBLE!!

I've been going through A LOT this past year, with the past few months being roughest; hence why I picked up this book. The title, "Living Through the Meantime" caught my eye because I needed help doing just that; living. Too, the subtitle describes exactly what I'm going through. My astonishment grew with every page turn!

I love all the self-help reads but this book hit a soft spot. It is so inspiring, helpful & motivational. Not only that-it's to the point. No su
Mahinn
Feb 16, 2015 Mahinn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not crazy about her style. She tends to be a little over the top, bordering on hysterical at times. But there is no doubt about her ability to walk you to the core of matters and push you in front of a mirror you need to look into. If you need help, start with yourself. And she shows you how.
Meems
Mar 17, 2008 Meems marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I am currently in the middle of unfolding a lot of dirty laundry.
M. Joseph Murphy
Companion to In the Meantime with several helpful additional exercises. If you only buy on of the set, get In the Meantime. But if you are still in the meantime like I was this book can help you terrifically.
Beth E
Aug 11, 2009 Beth E rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved the analogy of the house, as it gave an excellent picture of developing a strong, stable core foundation. Only once the foundation is solid, can a structure be established on top of it. Here's to cleaning house!
Suzanne
Jul 02, 2013 Suzanne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great emotional work. I've done this book twice.
Kezia Davis
May 15, 2011 Kezia Davis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good read!
Lydia Nkutha
First time reading her book, it was not bad. It took me a while to finish it. I prefer watching her show.
Candace LoveLife
I'm only in the beginning of this book but sense it will be a great read. Self emprovement and motivation is what I sense from this read and I'm so ready to take on LIVING THROUGH THE MEANTIME
Zafirah Muhammad
we all find ourselves in the meantime at one time or another. this book helps you get to the other side.
Cece Henry-lewis
This book opened my mind. I shifted the focus from "they" to "me". I made me become accountable. And break the chains off my mind and spirit.
Erotic Horizon
Sep 02, 2008 Erotic Horizon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Living Through the Meantime : Learning to Break the Patterns of the Past and Begin the Healing Process by Iyanla Vanzant (2001)
Marina
Aug 26, 2015 Marina rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Can't truly rated yet haven't finished the book started years ago
Alicia Cobb
Alicia Cobb rated it it was amazing
Dec 13, 2013
Tamekarenee
Tamekarenee rated it liked it
Apr 05, 2013
Melissa
Melissa rated it it was amazing
Jul 30, 2009
Kelly
Kelly rated it it was amazing
Mar 10, 2009
Joanne Coppa
Joanne Coppa rated it it was ok
Sep 05, 2013
Jaclyn
Jaclyn rated it it was amazing
May 04, 2014
Megan Larson
Megan Larson rated it it was amazing
May 15, 2013
Kenya Randall
Kenya Randall rated it it was amazing
Mar 24, 2014
Heidi Mcavoy
Heidi Mcavoy rated it really liked it
Jul 07, 2012
Ayesha
Ayesha rated it it was amazing
May 19, 2015
~v~
~v~ rated it liked it
Aug 20, 2009
Denise Williams
Denise Williams rated it really liked it
Apr 10, 2013
Mylika Matanza
Mylika Matanza rated it it was amazing
Apr 22, 2014
Joanne Page
Joanne Page rated it liked it
Sep 04, 2015
  • The Unmistakable Touch of Grace: How to Recognize and Respond to the Spiritual Signposts in Your Life
  • Loving Him without Losing You: How to Stop Disappearing and Start Being Yourself - Seven Empowering Strategies for Better Relationships
  • The Ten Things to Do When Your Life Falls Apart: An Emotional and Spiritual Handbook
  • What Was I Thinking?: 58 Bad Boyfriend Stories
  • Emotional Sobriety: From Relationship Trauma to Resilience and Balance
  • Invisible Acts of Power: Channeling Grace in Your Everyday Life
  • Five Wishes: How Answering One Simple Question Can Make Your Dreams Come True
  • Angel Therapy: Healing Messages for Every Area of Your Life
  • Choosing ME Before WE
  • The Power of Resilience: Achieving Balance, Confidence, and Personal Strength in Your Life
  • The Purpose of Boys: Helping Our Sons Find Meaning, Significance, and Direction in Their Lives
  • A Resilient Life: You Can Move Ahead No Matter What
  • Toxic Friends: The Antidote for Women Stuck in Complicated Friendships
  • The EFT Manual
  • Emotional Freedom: Liberate Yourself from Negative Emotions and Transform Your Life
  • Glad No Matter What: Transforming Loss and Change into Gift and Opportunity
  • Strange Brains and Genius: The Secret Lives Of Eccentric Scientists And Madmen
  • Happy: Simple Steps to Get the Most Out of Life
In Peace From Broken Pieces New York Times best-selling author Iyanla Vanzant she recounts the last decade of her life and the spiritual lessons learnedfrom the price of success during her meteoric rise as a TV celebrity on Oprah, the Iyanla TV show (produced by Barbara Walters), to the dissolution of her marriage and her daughters 15 months of illness and death on Christmas day. Like a phoenix ri ...more
More about Iyanla Vanzant...