Start by marking “Resistance” as Want to Read:
Resistance

Resistance

Ryan's relationship-phobic, preferring to live his life from one anonymous hook-up to the next.

He never remembers a name, and he never goes back for more. But then he meets Jayden, the one-off who won't get out of his head, his life -- or, indeed, his bed. Ryan remains in a denial, however; he has no place in his life for emotion or feelings, despite how much difficulty h
Published August 31st 2010 by Loose Id, LLC (first published August 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Resistance, please sign up.
Zuzi Maybe ask the author directly because i saw the links on amazon were not valid anymore.

Gigi

Wow, what was I waiting for with this one, which was released over 3 years ago? No one ever recommended this book to me and it was never on my radar but it was a perfect read for me and I loved it to pieces! It's a 5 star read and I put it on my favorites shelf. It could very well be a fuck yeah 5+ stars book, but I gotta save that shelf for the books that kick my ass and throw me off a cliff like Point of No Return and The Final Line and more recently Training Season.

The synopsis is accurate bu
Christina Marie
Just a few 11 things.

1. Why didn't I read this sooner? Why didn't I know this book even existed?! This book is what's been missing from my life.

2. I'm exhausted from staying up well past my bedtime to read this.

3. For real. It's probably perfect. It was for me anyway. I think this book is my soul mate.

4. The characters have oodles of personality, and I wish they were real. Even the secondary ones. So I can smother them in love. Like this:

description

5. Smoking hot smexy times reside in this book. Like WOA
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱*Should've been longer*⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

I actually wished we had gotten more; more about their future. How they managed and all that. Ryan (what is his last name?) (how old?) and Jayden Cobain (how old?) met in a bar. They fuck, and Ryan assumes that's the end of it. However, Jayden isn't about to let him go just like that. He feels something, sees something in Ryan and a possibility that they could be a something together. Ryan, though, has a complete set of rules: no fucking the same guy twice, n
Jenni
Angstiness +
Lovable MCs +
Short (too short, dammit) =

Delicious!
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Kindle freebie under new pen name (Lola Carson) today, 9/4/15!
Heidi Cullinan
Sep 02, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This book deserves a better review than I have time to give it just now: the short version is, this is an excellent story. Hot sex, intensely real characters, both funny and touching. If you like meaty, honest stories with real plot but have a hard time with angst turning your story sour, you want this story. Real conflict, real men, real love. Real storytelling skill.

(If you love angst, you will still love this story. Some of us are just picky bitches, and this one is for us especially.)

Sorry,
☆ Todd
Nov 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Scene: Str8 female stripper roommate walks in on main character # 1 without knocking first.

"Oh, hello Random Guy sucking Ryan's cock. Baby, I invited the guys over tonight for movie night. I hope you don't mind."

Which she says without even blinking twice. hehe

Okay, I'd read the book again for just that one part, but I did really enjoy the whole thing. : )
Breann
This has all all the things I love. ALL THE THINGS I TELL YOU!!

It's basically perfect. I've had it recommended to me at least 3 times and I was "meh & shrug". WHY? Why was I "meh & shrug" when Resistance is all the things?!?

I officially recommend this to everyone because of reasons:

1. Jayden. Ugh, Jayden. So, Ryan has issues (to say the least) with all his rules about relationships, or the lack-thereof, in his life. Jayden? Jayden doesn't care a whole hell of a lot about Ryan's 'rules'.
Mare SLiTsReaD Reviews
01.10.14

2ND TIME AROUND AND IT WAS EVEN BETTER THAN THE 1ST...GOOD GOD THIS BOOK COULD BE MY UNDOING!

This review was posted:

www.facebook.com/slitsread

5 THOSE.KISSES.MELTED.ME.AND.SHATTERED.ME.AND.THEN.PUT.ME.BACK.2GETHER.STARS

WOW WHAT A FREAKING AWESOME RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW

THIS STORY WAS AHMAZING!!! AHMAZING!!! DO YOU HEAR THAT???? AHMAZING!!!!!!

1.ANGST
7.THE BLOW YOUR MIND, DONT READ THIS WHILE FOOD IS ON THE
Sheziss
Apr 15, 2014 rated it liked it
Recommended to Sheziss by: My Mother
This book is so funny!!! It gave me good vibes, that's for sure.

Ryan has a thing for one-night-only relationships, that's his rule, no faces, no names.

But suddenly Jayden appears, and he has a face and a name and oh-my-god-chemistry-chemistry-chemistry! He does not like that, not at all, so he tries to avoid him. But Jayden is as big-headed as him, so he chases Ryan everywhere, and even manages to put Ryan's friends against him.

"You barely know the guy! Why d'you wanna be his friend?"

She grin
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
3.5--I Can't Decide if I Liked This Book or Not--Stars!!!

I had a hard time with the writing style and the POV that the book was written in.

And Ryan...

I really didn't like Ryan at all.

Ryan is relationship-phobic. As a result of events from his past....he keeps people at a distance, he doesn't let anyone in, he definitely doesn't do love.

While out on the prowl, Ryan meets Jayden and makes him his next conquest.

But Ryan has rules. No kissing, no spending the night, no getting personal and no com
Ami
Jan 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
Jenni Lea
Aug 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
What a delightful little story! Thanks Ann for the rec. This was funny and heartfelt in turns. Definitely a keeper.
Cory
Sep 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
hmmmm...well I just started dating Travis Atwood this morning and I think I just broke up with him for Jayden. :)

This was a fun read about Ryan trying his hardest to resist Jayden, but he didn't really stand a chance. I thought Jayden was adorable and I loved the dialogue between him and Ryan. Definitely worth reading!
Sara

Good lord. This. Was. Good.

So, this is told in third person and I can't stand third person. It makes the narrator sound like an arrogant prick, but guess what? This book was so fucking hot and so damned swoony and just goo inducing that once the boys got down to it, and not just the sex, I totally forgot about the how it was being told and fell for Ryan and Jayden.

I am all gooey and in love from this story. I love that the boys have the instant connection and acknowledge it, though Ryan is so
Amy
Jul 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Amy by: Katie
This is free on Amazon today (9/4/15), under LM Turner's pseudonym Lola Carson: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0147WV58C?i...

My first book by L.M. Turner! I enjoyed it even though parts of it frustrated me. I found myself wanting to grab Ryan (several times) and shake some sense into him. I get that he has a past and he has abandonment issues. Dude, seriously, how many chances do you think Jayden's going to give you? And answering Jayden's call when you're having sex with someone else? Not cool man..
Bev
Mar 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing

Argh!! Ryan, you almost had me tearing my hair out, you numpty!! Loved Jayden to bits, especially those texts, and the secondary characters were good too. 4.5 stars and I'm now reading Skin Deep The Complete Serial (Episodes 1-6) by Lola Carson by Lola Carson aka L.M. Turner.
Chris
Sep 10, 2010 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: orannia
Shelves: 2010, done, owned, ebook, gay, romance
3.5 stars. Really good m/m romance about a bouncer who never hooks up with the same guy twice as part of not feeling and not getting close... until he does hook up with the same guy more than once, which scares him and sends him running. This had me sniffling more than once and I would've rated it higher, but... it's (slightly inconsistently) in third person present, which kept pulling me out of the story.
Meep
Sep 04, 2015 rated it did not like it
Felt high-schooly, didn't get why the sudden change to wanting a replay/possible relationship or why we're supposed to believe the HEA vibe.
Didn't connect to the characters at all.
Kassa
Sep 16, 2010 rated it really liked it
Resistance is an angst filled emotional ride but worthwhile and fun to read. The story is third person present tense, which is not always a popular choice. The writing is good enough and the characters interesting enough to overcome this for me and the flow eventually settles into a nice pace that keeps the action moving along. There is a lot of navel grazing, woe is me internal whining but this is always offset by characters that are level headed, intelligent, and sympathetic. Overall an engros ...more
Amanda
Aug 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This book ended up being soooo gooood. I was contemplating buying it, then sat on it for a while after buying it. I finally plunged into it and whooo hooooo holy crap sweet hot nibblets.

The thought of a super slutty character totally turned me off at first but I ended up loving Ryan. The book is filled with a crap load of angst, drama and some scorching hot sex scenes. Like rip our clothes off, button popping, biting, hallway wall slamming sex scenes. I would recommend the book just for the sex
Valentina Heart
Sep 13, 2010 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone except maybe Dane and Camila
Recommended to Valentina by: Sean
Shelves: glbt
This is actually an amazing book. Right from the start you really don't know who you're infatuated with more, Jayden or Ryan. While Ryan is unapproachable and kind of an ass, you still feel for him and want to experience his change, and Jayden has such a bright and open personality it's very difficult not to want to know more about him.
Their whole relationship as we get to know it, is basically a game. When one is willing the other is not, but all of it is so charged with emotion (though someti
Madeline...Just a Reader
Oct 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
******************************4.5*************************

Loved,,, if anyone is like me and had this on tbr list for over a year do yourself a favor a bring it up to next. I don't know why I waited so long.
Smith Barney
Jan 05, 2014 rated it it was ok
SO what we have here is a slightly edgier rated RR Lifetime Mens Network movie in the making. It reminds me of one of those short LTime 2-hour movies into some other mofo's dramatic life you somehow found yourself watching on a lazy Sunday afternoon.
Mely
Aug 09, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
read kindle sample. If this author didn't start out writing J2, I will eat my hat. I don't know if I have a hat. My theoretical hat is safe anyway, because this author *totally* started out writing J2.

... Okay, read full e-book. Jensen Ryan doesn't do relationships, only hook-ups. Somehow Jared Jayden gets past all his reservations and rules. It doesn't hurt that all of Ryan's friends are rooting for him, including Daneel Olivia, Chris Kane Eddie, and Mischa I-forget-his-story-name.

This has mor
Morgana
I'm so going to read this book again someday! I freaking loved everything about it! Humour, angst, likeable characters - both the main and the secondary ones, interesting and captivating plot. Oh, and let's not forget the scorchingly hot sex! Yummy! And when you add to this the wonderfully sappy epilogue, it was impossible for me not to be swept off my feet! I loved, LOVED this book!!

Do I recommend it? Hell, yeah!!

5 stars, no less!

----------------------------------------------
Re-read on Septembe
Renée
Reread. God, I love this book! And Jayden Cobain is the best name ever!
Sandra
Aug 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
I liked this way more than I expected to. Not that I expected it to be bad, the description is a little different and sounded interesting, but I figured it would be a solid 3 star. Something about it sucked me in though. It felt very real. Some people may be turned off because there is some cheating and there is sex between a MC and a not MC (or two or three), but again, that felt more realistic to me. Don't get me wrong, I love me some happy, perfect, cheesy romance. This wasn't that. It was to ...more
Chrys
This clip of Jensen sums up Jayden :)

Instead of reviewing this book, can I just write sonnets about Jayden? Loved him from the start. I liked Ryan too, but his issues made me want to smack him not-so-gently. The wit in the story, combined with the characters (both main and secondary) had me smiling goofily most of the way through. The book was written in such a way that I didn't want to put it down. Not just edge-of-your-seat-what's-gonna-happen? But also this-is-just-so-good-if-someone-interrupts-I'll-go-Hulk-on-their-ass. Of cour
Kristie
Feb 27, 2015 rated it it was ok
This started out with one of the hottest scenes ever. So freaking hot. And then I really, really liked Jayden. Ryan? meh. But I was okay.

After a while, Ryan was not only still meh, but he did something that really made me mad. And then so did Jayden.

And they ruined the book for me. I think that maybe, just maybe, the author was trying to make the book longer? I don't know. But it went on too long for what it was. I didn't need to have all the back and forth. I didn't need the stupid thing that
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
To buy? 1 2 Aug 21, 2017 05:08AM

• Take My Picture
  • Rescue Me
  • At Piper's Point
  • Last Man Standing (Southern Scrimmage, #5)
  • Where the Allegheny Meets the Monongahela
  • The Angel of 13th Street (The Angel of 13th Street, #1)
  • Breathe (Breathe, #1)
  • Strawberries for Dessert (Coda Books, #4; Strawberries for Dessert, #1)
  • Life After Joe
  • Black Hurricane (Boston Boys, #3)
  • My Summer of Wes (Wes & Mal, #1)
  • Truthful Change
  • The Ghost on My Couch
  • Split (Nick & Derek, #1)
  • The Trap
  • Admit One
  • Collision Course (Florida Books, #2)
  • Love and the Real Boy (Coming About #2)
“I don’t know anything about heartbreak, but I think that was something close, and I know the heart only breaks when you’ve given it to someone else. When you’ve trusted someone to care for it, keep it safe. When you’re in love.” 11 likes