Start by marking “Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter, #2)” as Want to Read:
Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter, #2)

Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunterverse #2)

4.23  ·  Rating details ·  61,907 Ratings  ·  2,337 Reviews
The Dark-Hunters are ancient warriors who have sworn to protect mankind and the fate of the world is in their hands. . .

He is solitude. He is darkness. He is the ruler of the night. Yet Kyrian of Thrace has just woken up handcuffed to his worst nightmare: An accountant. Worse, she's being hunted by one of the most lethal vampires out there. And if Amanda Devereaux goes do
Published April 1st 2007 by St. Martin's Press (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Night Pleasures, please sign up.

Steve Cheesemeister I have not made the jump into this series yet ... I got suckered into Twilight by a friend who classified Twilight as a less romanticized Vampire…moreI have not made the jump into this series yet ... I got suckered into Twilight by a friend who classified Twilight as a less romanticized Vampire Lestat... grrrrrrr. Well ... I got about 50 pages into a book and literally threw it across the room and swore off anything else like it... Hence the question here :) I have been told good things about the Mercy Thompson series and will be picking that up after I finish the Felix Castor series.

If I do decide to get into the dark hunter series i'll post back

(less)

Dd
Nov 15, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Warning—This book is strictly for fantasy lovers and please do not attempt if you do not believe in Santa or big-foot!!!

He was a Dark-Hunter and she was an accountant.There had never been two more mismatched people born.

A short-note for the readers–-

Who or rather what are Dark-Hunters?

When someone suffers a horrible injustice their soul makes a scream so loud that it resonates through the halls of Olympus.When Artemis,goddess of moon hears it,she goes and offers the one who has been betrayed a
Dina
This isn't a review, it's a rant...

I know many readers love this series, but I'm beginning to think it isn't for me. This was my second book by SK - the first was Fantasy Lover - and I still don't know what all the fuss is about. The concept and the mythology of the Dark Hunters are very interesting, but SK's writing didn't work for me again. What annoyed me the most was how all her characters were constantly cracking jokes, no matter how serious and dangerous the situation was. Everyone was a s
Emily May
Mar 11, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: UF fans that don't mind the cliched characters & story
Shelves: pnr, paranormal-uf, 2011
This book sounded so promising, it was my first read by Sherrilyn Kenyon and I'd heard many people raving on about how great her Dark Hunter novels were; and as a fan of paranormal romance and urban fantasy, I couldn't wait to find another sexy, dark series to get into, complete with the usual array of vampires and mythology.

The problem with the paranormal romance genre, and even more so the urban fantasy genre, is that after you've read a few of them they all start to form a similar pattern wit
Alkyoni

I really don’t have anything interesting to mention in this review, so let’s do it the old school way, simple and effective.

Dark Hunter Flashcard #1

Name : Kyrian a.k.a. Hunter

Age: 2,182 last July

Former Occupation: Prince of Thrace

Special D.H. power: Reading minds

Reason why he became a D.H.: (view spoiler)

Best thing that came out of his mouth: You know, I really hate Romans, but I have
Alp
The story was utterly engaging and enjoyable, so much so that I couldn't put it down. Sherrilyn Kenyon has done it again! Her writing is practically flawless. I loved every single thing that happened in this book.

It broke my heart when I knew Kyrian's painful history. No wonder he wouldn't trust and love any woman since his wife had betrayed him.

By the way, There were some interesting characters whom I would like to know more in the other books. I was absolutely intrigued by this series!
Carmen
Feb 01, 2014 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Paranormal romance fans
SPOILERS ARE HIDDEN
Sherrilyn Kenyon is becoming a better author, but we still have a ways to go.

Kyrian is a Dark Hunter. Amanda is one of the 9 Devereaux sisters. Selena, the psychic from Fantasy Lover, for example, is her sister. They wake up to find themselves handcuffed together by an evil Daimon named Desiderius.

They fall in love and stuff.
...

THINGS I DIDN'T LIKE
- Kyrian is sarcastic and joking. While amusing, it failed to connect me to the character. I couldn't get worried too much about
Floripiquita
Mar 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Me ha encantado este primer libro de los Cazadores Oscuros. El universo que crea la autora es muy interesante y me encantan su sentido del humor y los tiras y aflojas verbales de los dos protagonistas. Kyrian, además de ser supersexy, es un amor y Amanda es una gran protagonista femenina. Pero la escena álgida del final me ha parecido un poco precipitada y desmañada, de ahí que no le dé, por poco, las 5 estrellas.
Gary
May 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
the very first dark hunter book and still one of my all time favs. we are introduced into the world of the dark-hunters who protect us from those that walk the night praying on our souls, and to a hole cast of people that come to life as the books series continues.
Aestas Book Blog
Just finished my reread and I loved this just as much, if not more, the second time. No PNR author writes 5-star stories with as much heart as Kenyon does IMO. Her books are the perfect blend of tortured heroes, strong heroines, engaging plot, intricate mythology, heart touching moment and the sweetest HEAs. I really love how she also clearly had an overall story arc from page one. During my reread, I caught a lot of things that set up books far down the series that I never noticed the first tim ...more
Exina
Mar 25, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Well, I'm not an expert, but that guy behind you looks like a Daimon to me."

Captivating writing style, appealing and lovable characters, and unique world-building make this novel really enjoyable.

The writing is professional. The information about the characters, the background myth, the world-building, the different kinds of beings, the story of Kyrian, and the significance of the secondary and tertiary characters are all built up very accurately and smoothly. As the story progresses, every
Sophia Triad
Kyrian of Thrace (Hunter) & Amanda Devereaux (Human)

Why Kyrian become a dark hunter: His older unfaithful wife betrayed him to the Romans and then sat back and watched him being tortured to death. He still has nightmares and phobias about it.

Amanda: An accountant who was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

One thing I loved: Amanda is given a special Barbie with knives that shoot out of her feet.

Settings: New Orleans, Louisiana

I loved the humor, the story, the characters, the mythology.

Fa
~Tina~
Jun 21, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's actually unbelievable that I get such a kick out of these books. They are completely rushed, thick with cheese and very eye-roll worthy, and yet, I'm loving it.

Amanda wanted normality in her life, but sadly it's not in the cards for her. Mistaken for her twin, she is attacked and the next thing she knows she's handcuffed to a big, tall and sexy who she can't help but want...of course.
Enter Kyrian.
I don't know why I have such a thing for tortured past-brooding tempered- smoldering vamps, but
Jilly
There is a lot of hoopla about this series, so I will give it a few books before judging it as good or eye-rollingly tropey cheesey smut. There are tons of these type of things:
Stroking tongues
Moaning into mouths
Hot gazes
Hungry looks
And melting...lots and lots of melting...
O_o
So, yeah...

On the other hand, the world is really cool and original. I like the Dark Hunter origin story and the Greek mythology. Those Greek gods sure are assholes.

So we have Kyrian, a former Greek commander and present D
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
Nov 24, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳ by: Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
I've been on a real binge this month, discovering Sherrilyn Kenyon's work!
The world she created not only is dark, ominous and terrifying but is also bright, full of humor and filled with sexy demi gods and demons.
I loved how she mixed greek mythology with contemporary fairy tales... Her heroines are full on snark and mischief, gods and goddess impetuous as ever and the Dark Hunters... I haven't met one I didn't like...

I'm up to book 5 now and they keep getting better and better! I must say, I on
☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎
Wow, Dark Hunters are far more than just being dark. At first they became who they are because of something they did wrong but that isn't it. It's a choice they made. Kyrian is a Dark Hunter. His job is to destroy the Daimons who are trying to suck the souls out of the human race. Amanda who is in a boring relationship and who comes from a very unconventional family was kidnapped by the evil that Kyrian is after because he was looking for her twin but she ended up being handcuffed to Kyrian, whi ...more
Arlene

What’s not to like?
Custard? Characters.... Good!
Jam? Plot.... Goooood!
Meat? Kyrian.... Goooooooood!

Okay, this book is better than Rachael’s meat, peas, onions, whip cream, jam and raspberry English trifle. Way better! It has all of the ingredients for a steamy, edgy, exciting and faced paced adventure.

Although it’s definitely a read that’s outside of my preferred genre, I feel Sherrilyn Kenyon has wha
Seffra
3 stars

Wow....this book was great. I had only picked it up because I wanted to start the Dream Hunter series and I wanted to get some background knowledge on the world I was entering. I didn't expect to fall in love with everyone!

Kyrian was such a broken guy much need in love and he got it in spades from the wonderful Amanda. They were cute! I just, I can't form coherent thoughts about how damn cute they were. The writing was good and the side characters were awesome.

I'm so intrigued by Achero
Julianna
Aug 05, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans PN Romance or Sherrilyn Kenyon
Reviewed for www.thcreviews.com

Night Pleasures is the first story in the Dark-Hunters series to actually get into the real meat of who the Dark-Hunters are and what they do. As such, it was a pretty good beginning to the overall story arc, but in my opinion, as an individual romance it suffered from a few of the same issues as it's predecessor, Dragonswan. There was plenty of material in this book, in particular Kyrian's tormented past, which should have lent itself to rip-your-heart-out moments
Beatriz
Sep 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Esta segunda entrega (o primera, depende el punto de vista) de la serie Cazadores Oscuros pierde intensidad en lo romántico respecto de su antecesora, no así en el erotismo de la historia.

Donde gana con creces es en la creación de un enorme entorno mítico y sobrenatural que rodea la existencia de estos antihéroes inmortales. Se nota un trabajo más sólido por parte de la autora, sin que por ello deje de ser una novela que se devora muy rápidamente. Entretenidísima, igual que la anterior.
Melissa ***BITCH, I'M READING!***
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I have high hopes for this series! so far I like all the characters and want to know more about them especially Acheron! ;)
Grecia Robles
Jun 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 STARS

Ya tengo una nueva adicción GRACIAS VIRI por tu recomendación

Este segundo libro o primero whatever de la serie Dark Hunters y ahora si conocemos bien este mundo e igual me gustó mucho como el anterior y es que me pareció muy interesante esta mezcla de vampiros con mitología griega.

No hubo un romance tan tierno y lindo como el anterior pero si más acción y eso lo compensa, Kirian es un gran personaje y me encantó que haya sobrevivido es muy sarcástico y tiene un humor negro que diviert
Blacky *Romance Addict*
Finally the Dark-Hunter universe is explained :) I think this was supposed to be the first D-H because this is where they first appear.

I liked this book very much, although the storyline was quite predictable (and when I say quite I mean totally XD), and the ending a liiiittle to mushy for me, but the main character was awsome, so he gets the 4 stars <3

Kyrian is a Dark-Hunter, a vampire who hunts other vampires. Of course, there are differences between him and the others, I won't go into tha
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
What made me take so long in reading this. I loved it from beginning to end. No further comments except the narration was stellar.
MISS VAIN
"Since you can read my thoughts why don't you answer it?" His smile widened hungrily like a wolf that had just found its next meal. "Yes, sweeting, I think you're incredibly sexy. And I would love nothing more than to take you back to my place and make your toes curl."

This was my first book by Sherrilyn Kenyon and although it wasn't a five star book for me, and cheesy at times it was still a solid beginning to a passionate PNR series and I can already tell this won't be my last. This book remin
Felicia
Oooh Kindle, what trash you make me read. I'd read about this series for a long time and was too red-faced to buy the six pack cover at Borders. Well, this ended up on my Kindle and...I enjoyed it! I'm totally vampired out, but the world was kinda interesting, I've lived in New Orleans, and there are so many fans of the series. Nice romance, pretty interesting characters, I didn't regret reading. Now the later ones....
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Wow!!!!!!!! Wow!!!!!!!!! Wow!!!!!!! This book was bad ass! I swear I needed a fanfuckintastic read!!!!!! Bring on book 2!!!
Yolanda
Dec 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3,5
ya me he enganchado
Sandra ~ ♥ Cross My Heart ♥
It's been just long enough since I first read the Dark-Hunters in paperback for me to really enjoy playing with these gorgeous badboys again. Kenyon does a fantastic job setting up an imaginative world where one can run into Dark Hunters, Were Hunters, Dream Hunters, soul-sucking demons, and such on any given night. With a foundation seeped in Greek Mythology, many of the characters step into the modern world carrying a lot of hurt & emotional baggage with the scars to prove it. The story op ...more
Neftis
Jan 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Me ha gustado mas que el primer libro de la saga y Kyrian es un amor. Sí Neus, me ha gustado mas que Julian de Macedonia =)
Which is your Favorite, Dark Hunters or Were hunters? 136 255 Nov 19, 2016 11:50AM
Kenyons Minions: Night Pleasures BOTM 84 118 Apr 25, 2015 10:43AM
Insomnia Book Club: Dark-Hunter by Sherrilyn Kenyon 11 16 Mar 09, 2015 06:40PM
A Million More Pages: 2 - Night Pleasures (Dark Hunters): Jan 7 61 54 Mar 03, 2015 11:23AM
SOS: Serious Over...: Anyone read any of these Sherrilyn Kenyon books ? 6 30 Oct 17, 2014 01:59AM
Can i skip fantasy lover and read this first? 11 128 Aug 23, 2014 02:25PM
  • Midnight Pleasures (Wild Wulfs of London #0.5; Dream-Hunter #0.5)
  • Passion Unleashed (Demonica #3)
  • Tapestry (de Piaget, #8.5; de Piaget/MacLeod, #8.5; Were-Hunter, #0.5; Entire Dark-Hunterverse, #1.5; Dark-Hunterverse, #2; Highlander, #8)
  • Knight of Darkness (Lords of Avalon, #2)
  • Ashes of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #6)
  • Dreams of a Dark Warrior (Immortals After Dark #11)
  • The Darkest Pleasure (Lords of the Underworld #3)
  • Gideon (Nightwalkers, #2)
Official Author site
Official Nevermore site
Official Deadman's Cross site
Official Chronicles of Nick site
Official Silent Swans site
Official Facebook site

New York Times and international bestselling author Sherrilyn Kenyon is a regular at the #1 spot. With legions of fans known as Menyons (thousands of whom proudly sport tattoos from her series and who travel from all over the world to attend her ap
More about Sherrilyn Kenyon...

Dark-Hunterverse (1 - 10 of 32 books)
  • Fantasy Lover (Dark-Hunterverse #1)
  • Night Embrace (Dark-Hunter, #2)
  • Dance with the Devil (Dark-Hunter #3)
  • Kiss of the Night (Dark-Hunter, #4)
  • Night Play (Dark-Hunter #5, Were-Hunter #1)
  • Seize the Night (Dark-Hunter #6)
  • Sins of the Night (Dark-Hunter #7)
  • Unleash the Night (Dark Hunter, #8; Were-Hunter, #2)
  • Dark Side of the Moon (Dark-Hunter #9, Were-Hunter #3)
  • The Dream Hunter (Dark-Hunter #10, Dream-Hunter #1)

“Oh God, I just kissed a vampire!"

Oh Gods, I just kissed a human!”
794 likes
“I thought only a wooden stake through the heart killed a vampire. (Amanda)
A wooden stake through the heart will kill just about anything. And if it doesn't, run like hell. (Kyrian)”
524 likes