Start by marking “Madoff's Other Secret: Love, Money, Bernie, and Me” as Want to Read:
Madoff's Other Secret: Love, Money, Bernie, and Me

Madoff's Other Secret: Love, Money, Bernie, and Me

3.16  ·  Rating details ·  116 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Nobody knew Bernie like I did, and nobody knows about me…

Sheryl Weinstein met Bernie Madoff when she was just shy of forty, and went on to have a twenty-year secret, intimate relationship with the man now known as an evil mastermind, a villain of the greatest proportions.

It was 1988 and Sheryl was facing a huge dilemma. Bernie Madoff was paying her a great deal of attentio
Published August 25th 2009 by St. Martin's Press

To ask other readers questions about Madoff's Other Secret, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Madoff's Other Secret

Jack Lehnen
If one has an abiding urge to know all about Sheryl Weinstein, Her husband Ronnie and Son, then this is the book for you . The reader gets first hand insight into her family, but, not a great deal about her relationship with " Uncle Bernie ". There are a few selatious tid bids with regard to her sexual relationship with him, but, for the most part we are left with the " I'am not, that kind of girl , normally, scenerio.
We find little personal material , other than Bernie does not get to use his "
Jane
Sep 04, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: biography-memoir
This is the sort of book you read with fascination and disgust, a good bit of the disgust reserved for yourself for reading it. The author carried on a long term affair with Mr. Madoff. She reveals graphic details which are extreme and unnecessary. One is amazed that her husband and son approved of the book, which is likely due to the fact that they lost all their money with the infamous Madoff. Still, by writing such a lurid book, I'm afraid she lost a lot more than money.
Jill
Oct 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I would crate it 3.75
Danm
Dec 31, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found this at Goodwill while treasure hunting for books. This is an easy and fast read, and it gives you great insight into Madoff as a person. On the other hand, while I appreciate Sheryl's honesty, she seems to lack any accountability whatsoever for her actions while stabbing both of her romantic interests in the back. She seems to take pride in the fact that she was loyal to her husband for decades and only cheated once during that time. She also writes as though she deserved the adventure. ...more
Judy
Nov 04, 2011 rated it liked it
I saw this book at the library a few days after 60 Minutes had done an interview with Madoff's wife, Ruth, and his one remaining son. It appears that Sheryl Weinstein wrote this book on her own with no co-author. She writes well but not great. I believe she must have written this book to clear her inner self of demons and to raise money to offset the "everything" that she and her husband lost by being investors of Bernie's firm. For 20 years Mrs. Weinstein had a personal relationship with Madoff ...more
Maureen Mckenzie
Jan 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-books
I truly enjoyed. Quite upsetting knowing so many trusted and lost everything. Sheryl's impact statement was brilliant and brave. It's truly hard to believe he could use, abuse and steal from people he claimed to care about. The only place anyone's money is safe is with their own self. I hope his sentencing has at least allowed some healing to take place for some. Thank you for sharing your story.
Lauraleigh
Sep 28, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the best book I've read in a while because a) it has nothing to do with law school; and (b) it's trashy. I'm slightly obsessed with the Madoff case as it is, so this book only fed my obsession. A quick read for anyone who needs a mindless fix.
Elizabeth
Apr 11, 2011 rated it did not like it
I think this is the worst book I ever read, but loved the trashy story.
Mary Ann
Oct 14, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book. The woman who wrote this had an affair with Bernie for 20 years and talks about his weird secrets. She thinks he has OCD and other disorders. Very insightful.
Linda Simmons
Interesting enough. Kind of pathetic.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »