Start by marking “Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Volume 9: Demon” as Want to Read:
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Volume 9: Demon

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Volume 9: Demon (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic #9)

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  591 Ratings  ·  33 Reviews
Zayne and Gryph are finally learning the truth about their fierce friend Jarael and the strange Mandalorian deserter Rohlan. Deception has been company to the foursome since Zayne's life as a fugitive banded them together, and for one of Zayne's companions, a resurfacing past brings deadly peril.
Paperback, First, 96 pages
Published June 16th 2010 by Dark Horse Comics

To ask other readers questions about Star Wars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Star Wars

Crystal Starr Light
Apr 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Crystal Starr Light by: Iset
Bullet Review:

I am exhausted! What a ride! Some great revelations - and yet I feel the conclusion of the Crucible plot lacked a certain OOMPH. A greatness. Was it because this volume is a slim 94 pages, in comparison to the 120+ pages of the other volumes?

Full Review:

Zayne, Gryph, and Slyssk have parted ways with Jarael and Rohlan due to the events at the end of Volume 8 (Weird part - they part some time after that last conversation in volume 8; so they didn't TALK about Jarael's final declarati
Iset
Apr 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing

For this one we have Miller on the script and Brian Ching covering the entirety of the artwork, much to my delight. This volume is shorter than others since it only carries one lengthy story within; the climax and resolution to Jarael’s backstory. Several mysteries are resolved here – just how Gryph and Slyssk escaped the destruction of Serroco, what Zayne did in his month off, what Jarael’s unusual origins are… and the switcheroo you may or may not have seen coming by this point in the series.
Martin
Feb 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Very satisfying conclusion to the series with a good number of very well done unexpected twists that still make a lot of sense in hindsight.
Teresa
Jul 11, 2017 rated it really liked it

3963 BBY

This volume contains parts 1-4 of "Demon." Event though Zayne and Jarael have parted ways, their paths will cross once more, because the Mandalorian Demagol is on the loose! When Zayne sees the man behind Demogol's mask, he is astounded, and the truth clicks immediately. Demagol has switched places with Rohlan, the Mandalorian he thought was his friend. Demagol is actually Jarael's first teacher, under another name, and Jarael is more than willing to follow him, but with his Sith artifac
Joseph
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: star-wars, comics

The art work and story were great. I thoroughly enjoyed this. I read a bunch of the reviews saying what a way for this series to end, but there is one more volume. I read a few others saying their are starting to read the next one (I am too...) and they wished that it had ended with volume 9 (I am starting to wish that also...). So we will see.
Linette
Feb 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved to follow the epic journey of Zayne Carrick. I simply swallowed the series whole.
Octavi
Jul 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Buen final.
Jared
Sep 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Star Wars Legends Project #20

Background: Knights of the Old Republic: Demon was first released in four issues beginning in November 2009 and ending February 2010. The trade paperback came out in June 2010. It was written by John Jackson Miller and pencilled by Brian Ching.

Demon begins immediately after Destroyer (my review here, again 3,963 years before the Battle of Yavin (busy year). Demon brings together and ties up all of the remaining loose threads from the series, and also involves vario
David Sarkies
Jul 29, 2012 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Star Wars Fanatics
Recommended to David by: The computer game
Shelves: sci-fi
Finally, the end!
29 July 2012

I think that by the time they got to this end of the series they were beginning to run out of ideas. A part of me thought that they were going to continue after the slavers, but it turns out that the slavers have already been defeated. Funny, I must have missed something in the last graphic novel because I was under the impression that they had got away. Okay, the woman had got away, but the slavers had been defeated. Well, I guess I am going to have to accept that.
Ben
Mar 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Review for the series:

Kind of sad to have finally reached the end of this series. It's been a lot of fun. While it hasn't always been the most refined (for awhile the art is a who's who of mediocreness--thankfully Ching returns for the concluding arcs of the series)(also, the Vector crossover did more damage to the series than anything else, but I spose it can be forgiven, or better yet, ignored), it has been a consistent ride in a great story.

They managed to craft stories and characters that ex
Jay
Jan 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Star Wars fans
Great finale to the series! Secrets are revealed; Nemeses are defeated; and characters move forward with their lives!

The beginning of this book gives the reader one of the biggest twists that I've come across in comics recently! It's a game-changer and will alter the way you look at this entire series! The characters have great opportunities to confront their pasts in this book and make choices to better their futures. This is a theme that applies to most of the characters as they each resolve t
Yves
May 26, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-wars, bd, sf
C'est le dernier tome de la série de Knights of the Old Republic. On découvre donc que Demagol, le Madalorien méchant, a pris la place de Rolhan. On découvre l'histoire de Demagol qui a un lien avec Jarael. Il s'ensuit alors une course contre la montre pour sauver la jeune Arkanienne.

On a donc une bande dessinée plein de révélation avec le même type d'action que dans les tomes précédents. Bien honnêtement, ce fut une série qui m'a totalement captivé. Les dessins sont vraiment beaux et l'histoire
Jeff Lanter
Aug 20, 2011 rated it really liked it
This was a satisfying ending to the KOTOR series for now anyway. There was one really surprising and kind of incredible plot twist that I loved both as a writer and a reader. It didn't hurt that Ching did all of the art either. Having read nine volumes of KOTOR, I think the series can be described as good, light-hearted adventure. There are some references to the video games and fans of the Bioware RPGs will get the most out of this series, but at the same time, anybody who likes Star Wars will ...more
Michael
This is the concluding volume (vol 9) of John Jackson Miller's epic set in the era of Star Wars history made famous in the RPG computer games. Lots of exposition and resolves. Some of which answer plot seeds that were planted years ago. Anyhow if you haven't read any of this series put this volume back on the shelf because it doesn't stand alone and the continuity for this series is very thick. This would have been 4 stars but it suffers from chronic Star Wars marketing syndrome; shiny paper, on ...more
Margarida
Jun 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The quality of this volume brings me back to the first KOTOR instalment, being in my opinion the best in the series.
The pace is beautiful and so intense it makes one flip through the pages eager to find how everything's going to end.
The amount of revelations gives the reader a sense that finally the KOTOR series has been explored to its best capacity, giving further insight into Jarael and Rohlan's lives and solving both character's pasts in epic confrontations.
Christian Smith
Feb 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
this series just amazes me. great story. it helps to connect more to the sith war which is really nice. love how everything during this time: the books, short stories, everything just comes together in this one.
PROS
-GREAT ART
-GREAT STORY
-BRINGS THINGS TOGETHER
CONS
-KINDA WISH THEY HAD LEFT THE END OF CHANTIQUE FOR THE LAST VOL. BUT I GUESS WE'LL SEE HOW VOL. 10 PLAYS OUT
Jin
Nov 10, 2014 rated it liked it
"Finally, the end of the whole series. I must admit, I enjoyed the earlier part of the series better. I was hoping for Zayne to have a bigger, more complex adventure after his vindication but the plot didn't go that way and instead expounded on some of the characters' less interesting origin and made it a-not-so-grand twist."
Leslie
Oct 14, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: starwars
A whirlwind ending to Dark Horse Comics' Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. The last story threads are tied up and the ending (though predictable) was quite good. I admit that I dropped the series after Zayne's main story arc ended in Volume 6 and picked up Volume 9 so that I could see how the writer's would end this tale in the set in the Old Republic era of the Star Wars universe.
Alory Shannon
Oct 20, 2014 rated it liked it
There was a ~big reveal~ in this book, but...I actually saw it coming a LONG way off (as I generally do with a fair number of plot twists), so it didn't shock me. It was well-done, however, and I think anyone who DIDN'T realise what was going on until that moment would've been utterly flabbergasted.

Good story! :]
Mike Jozic
Nov 13, 2012 rated it liked it
I'd probably give this a 2.5 in all honesty if they had half stars to give. Overall it was not the greatest finale to the series, rushed some plotlines to their endpoints and wrapped the whole thing up with a happy ending and a big bow. Miller is capable of more and if it wasn't for KOTOR: WAR, I would be unimpressed that the adventures of Zayne Carick ended on such a note.
Isaac Gallaway
Sep 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Masterfully done. Pieces fall into place and want the reader wanting more. Deceptions laid out and consequences distributed. I love it when a plan comes together.

It's also enjoyable because the guy gets the girl.
Juanctoledo
Aug 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: star-wars-comics
Penúltimo capítulo, en cómics, de la saga de los Caballeros de la Vieja Republica, y mejora cada vez más. Lo que me encanta es como Dark Horse conectaba cada saga que fue editando. Buenos datos que van amarrándose con el pasado y con lo que ve drá. Excelente.
Angela
Dec 12, 2010 rated it liked it
The story continues, the Mandorlorian butcher goes his come uppence and theres a happy ending for one of the crew. Probably best to read with the rest of the series to understand the characters more and enjoy it.
Kelly
Oct 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Just when I was beginning to think the story should have ended with Vindication. :) Demon is a solid entry that ties up a lot of loose ends.
DC
Sep 22, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I very much enjoyed this whole series. Decent art work and a very engaging story.
Hedlun
Apr 01, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Couple of nice twists to the overall storyline in this one.
John Carter McKnight
All the threads tie up in the final story arc: Mandalorians, slavers, corrupt Republic officers, Zayne's team, Zarael and Chantique, in an impressive ending to a terrific storyline. Just outstanding.
Ritinha
Mar 19, 2013 rated it liked it
Mais uma volta de mais-do-mesmo (novelização a viver da fama angariada pelas primeiras trades e a esticar a história até onde seja possível). Valha-nos o Marn, esse Mastermind absoluto.
Roberta
Oct 04, 2010 rated it really liked it
Zayne has to rescue Jarael. Hijinks ensue.
Scott wachter
Oct 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
so back in volume 6 i was wondering why they kept going, but this arc was awesome. and it's cool to Zayne at his peak.
  • Star Wars: Legacy, Volume 5: The Hidden Temple
  • Redemption (Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi, #7)
  • Blood Ties - Jango and Boba Fett
  • Star Wars: Clone Wars, Volume 3: Last Stand on Jabim
  • Star Wars: Dark Times, Volume Four: Blue Harvest
  • Dark Lords of the Sith (Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi, #5)
20028
John Jackson Miller has spent a lifetime immersed in the worlds of fantasy and science fiction. He's known for his Star Wars work, including Star Wars: Knight Errant, his national bestselling novel from Del Rey; Star Wars: Lost Tribe of the Sith, his e-book series with more than a million downloads; and his long-running Knights of the Old Republic comics series. His Overdraft: The Orion Offensive ...more
More about John Jackson Miller...

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Crossroads (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, #0)
  • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Volume 1: Commencement
  • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Volume 2: Flashpoint
  • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Volume 3: Days of Fear, Nights of Anger
  • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Volume 4: Daze of Hate, Knights of Suffering
  • Star Wars: Vector, Vol. 1