Start by marking “The Recruit (The Morcai Battalion, #2)” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
The Recruit

Susan Kyle

The Recruit (The Morcai Battalion #2)

Three years after the unprovoked attack on a peaceful colony, the war between the Rojok dynasty and the Tri-Galaxy Fleet rages on. Born of that war is the Morcai Battalion, a fleet comprised of Centaurians and humans�the first collaboration of its kind and a step toward an intergalactic alliance. But the fragile union is tested as their courageous commander in chief, Dtimu

Published (first published November 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Recruit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Recruit

Dannis Cole
Dec 08, 2009 Dannis Cole rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: those who like a fast-paced read
This book is a wild ride! Disclaimer: I am the author's sister. I've been waiting for this sequel for 40 years. It was worth the wait.

I love the description and the characterization. I might add that violence is not described in graphic detail. Profanity is minimal. I enjoy the banter between feisty Ruszel and stiff-and-formal Dtimun. But, a new character, Mallory, is brought aboard the Morcai. She has to replace Ruszel, and Dtimun doesn't like her at all. She begins timidly and her character gr
Paraphrodite
Jul 02, 2016 Paraphrodite rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: listened, 2016
This is a continuation of the "love story" of Centaurian Commander Dtimun and human Doctor Madeline from The Morcai Battalion. The reasons why Centaurians cannot "bond" with other species are gradually revealed in this book. However, we are left with a cliffhanger that forces the readers to read Invictus. :(

So, on to the Invictus!
Suellen
Dec 24, 2014 Suellen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book in a trilogy. You must read The Morcai Batalian (which has Diana Palmer listed as author) FIRST! Most series you jump in during the middle and be okay but The Batalian is not one of those series. NOT BECAUSE its complicated but because of the alien/human mixed crew. You will NOT GET ANY OF THE JOKES AND TENSON "in the room" scenes, if you read them out of order.

I hate spoilers so all I'm gonna say is: The emotional connection between Utimon and Madeline developing is a ma
Mountie
Thankfully when I read the first book, the second and third book in the series were already written. I like the introduction of the Centaurian prophesy as a plot element that drives both this book and the last book in the series.

Things get complicated. We get to see the Centaurian home world. All hell breaks loose. All the things I like reading. This book was devoured in 1 sitting and I reached for the final book immediately.
Ilona
Mar 14, 2013 Ilona rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story continues with the same main characters and their on going relationship causing more problems for everyone. The emotions were even more intense than in book one and I was delighted with the storyline's progression. I also felt for the new character (Mallory), who is brought in to take over from Ruszel, as she had so much trouble fitting in it was almost comical. Again I was driven to experience deep emotions whilst reading this.
Beverly
Feb 01, 2017 Beverly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Morcai Battalion trilogy should be read in order. They are not read alone books and the second one, this book, ends in a cliff hanger. If you enjoy Diane Palmer characters in her westerns you will enjoy the characters in this series.
Spinneretta
Feb 09, 2015 Spinneretta rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good second book in the series... With an unfortunate cliffhanger ending and a third book not due until the end of the year!
Caroline
Dec 30, 2013 Caroline rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
3stars
Robinah
It went into a little more detail than the first and the H/h relationship is also a little more developed. Can't wait for Invictus.
Diana H.
Jan 14, 2015 Diana H. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi
I've waited years for the continuation of this sci-fi series by Diana Palmer. I'm glad to say that she has not only this book but another due in December 2015 coming.
Layla
Layla rated it liked it
Jun 02, 2011
Cheryl DeVoe
Cheryl DeVoe rated it really liked it
Mar 03, 2017
Adva Barkai
Adva Barkai rated it really liked it
Jan 23, 2015
Barbara Royer
Barbara Royer rated it really liked it
May 16, 2010
Tina Bartholoma
Tina Bartholoma rated it liked it
Jan 02, 2014
Angelique Jones
Angelique Jones rated it really liked it
May 28, 2017
Margaret
Margaret rated it it was amazing
Oct 01, 2016
Tony
Tony rated it really liked it
Nov 17, 2009
Mekey
Mekey rated it it was amazing
Sep 16, 2011
Agnieszka
Agnieszka rated it it was amazing
Apr 07, 2017
Padmini Ekbote
Padmini Ekbote rated it really liked it
Jun 10, 2017
Celia Culbreath
Celia Culbreath rated it it was amazing
Oct 29, 2013
Moira Lindquist
Moira Lindquist rated it it was amazing
Jul 17, 2015
LeeAnn G
LeeAnn G rated it really liked it
Apr 29, 2014
Kelly
Kelly rated it liked it
Nov 21, 2011
Nadiah
Nadiah rated it liked it
Dec 03, 2013
Terri
Terri rated it really liked it
May 07, 2017
Candace
Candace rated it it was amazing
Nov 13, 2014
Amy
Amy rated it really liked it
Jan 21, 2011
Meloney
May 29, 2010 Meloney rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book but it leaves you waiting for the next installment.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • In the Devil's Nebula (The Phoenix Adventures, #2)
  • Hope's Folly (Dock Five Universe, #3)
  • World's End
  • Silver Diamond 3
  • Enemy Games (Enemy, #2)
  • Beyond The Shadows (Realms Beyond, #2)
  • Legend Beyond the Stars (The Darkon Warrior Series #1)
  • In Stone's Clasp (Final Dance, #2)
  • Shamara (Shielder, #3)
  • 7 Seeds, Volume 1
  • Arcana Vol 1
  • Ai no Kusabi Vol. 5: Darkness
  • Girl Gone Nova (Project Enterprise, #2)
  • Under Camelot's Banner (The Paths to Camelot, #3)
  • Sorceress of Faith (The Summoning #2)
Susan Kyle writes under the pseudonyms Diana Blayne, Katy Currie and Diana Palmer.

Susan Spaeth Kyle was born in 1946 in Randolph County, Georgia. She attended school in Atlanta and graduated in 1964 from Chamblee High School in Chamblee, Georgia.

In 1991, at the age of 44, she went back to college and graduated summa cum laude. She earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in history, with minors in anth
More about Susan Kyle...

The Morcai Battalion (5 books)
  • The Morcai Battalion (The Morcai Battalion, #1)
  • Invictus (The Morcai Battalion, #3)
  • The Rescue (The Morcai Battalion #4)
  • The Pursuit (The Morcai Battalion #5)