Start by marking “The Torch and the Sword” as Want to Read:
The Torch and the Sword

The Torch and the Sword

(Final Quest #3)

The Torch and the Sword continues the message that began in the Final Quest and continued in The Call. It is a call to live the greatest adventure for the most noble purpose. It is not for the faint of heart, but for those who desire to live as true knights of the cross, refusing to retreat before the great darkness of our time. It is for those who will stand with courage ...more
Published (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Torch and the Sword, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Torch and the Sword

Amy
Aug 17, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh how I want to walk in the heavenly realm and know what is going on like Rick Joyner did in his vision. This book is so good and helps me keep my eternal mindset. Nothing else matters but Jesus and seeing His kingdom come!
Ronald
Jan 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have read this book at least 3 times and I feel like I've only begun. One of my best reads ever! It picks up from where 'The Final Quest' and 'The Call' left off by the same author. This book is not infallible (only the Bible is) but it is utterly Biblical. It is relevant for growth in intimacy with God, teaching, counseling in ministry, etc. The trilogy is to me, one of the most profound prophetic revelations received in our times.
Fred White
Jul 10, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: those interested in end times and the prophetic
An important spiritual battle between good and evil is under way. Rick Joyner makes the case that it is now time to choose which side we are really on. No more can we profess to be Christians and mingle with worldly thoughts, attitudes and people. Both young and old have a place in this battle. We see from this book that it is an exciting time to serve in the Lord’s army. With his mighty weapons, believers are victorious. It is a compelling story that keeps readers attention and draws them into ...more
Audrey
Jun 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: devotional
This is the last book in The Final Quest series. It portrays the seriousness of the spiritual battle we are in. We are reminded of the importance of the torch and sword that the Lord has given us and to use them wisely.
Tammy Nelson
Dec 17, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone
This is the final book in the trilogy. It is quite different. The first two books were about a prophetic experience of maturing in Christ. This book is more of a vision of the future. The revelations are unexpected. Women play a huge role in the events of this book. It presents a complete paradigm shift from the way we view God's Kingdom. Challenging to read.
Anne
Mar 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Potentially the most important book I've ever read. I'm going to have to read and re-read this book for years. Everything in this vision rings true with what I see God doing right now. This book should be required reading for every Christian leader.
Amy Riccio
Feb 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
William Williams
Jan 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you are on a journey to serve the Lord, this is a must read book about a prophetic message given to those who would be warriors.
Caryl
Sep 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-challenge
Compelling. The Torch and the Sword is a must read for those wanting to walk in deep intimacy with the Lord.
Michelle Swallow
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There’s so much I got out of this tiny book and I’ve been so blessed by it but these are my takeaways:
1. I am in a battle and I need to train and fight in accordance with the direction of my King;
2. I must prepare and train my children for the battle – this is absolutely vital and is my role as a parent;
3. The Presence is vital and so is obedience;
4. I must use my authority but carefully and under obedience.
Garnette DaCosta
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Equip for the last battle

This book outline the spiritual battle we are currently in, the weapons, strategy and future for those that are willing to humbly self, walk in love, courage and unity. Working in concert with the rest of Christ body as one.

Sierra Gooch
There were some nuggets in here that were really good, but it wasn't quite as amazing as the first on in the series.
Jess
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
awesome. thanks so much for this.
Iliana Hdz
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good book
Kyle T
Mar 09, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!
Zuri Garcia
Mar 15, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Cualquiera que no sea un fanàtico religioso
Recommended to Zuri by: Nadie.
El mundo de los sueños es considerado por muchos como el hogar de la fantasìa, el misterio, y a veces, el sitio de nuestra mente en donde la verdad parece estar prisionera.

Ademàs, no son pocas las veces que muchas personas buscan en ellos respuestas importantes, asì como tambièn, la revelaciòn del futuro, el cual, por cierto, puede ser halagador..... o terrible.

Justamente es eso lo que Rick Joyner nos describe en su obra "La antorcha y la espada". Cargada de elementos de la Nueva Era, esotèricos
Carol
I love this book because I seek out men and women of God who operate with the gift of prophesy and seeing into the spirit realm. Rick Joyner is the real deal on both counts! This book is one of my all-time favorites along with the other books of his in this series. I love these books because of the visions and experiences he records. These stories give all of God’s people access into many important truths concerning the Kingdom of God. The points I most love about this book are:

1. There is a Riv
Crystal
Jul 10, 2007 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Christians passionate about their calling and open to the prophetic
Shelves: christian
it's hard to review this book. I really enjoyed it and read through it very quickly (probably helped that it's such a short read too), yet at the same time, I'd only read a chapter or so at a time and need to stop and digest what I'd read. there's a lot of food for thought in it. it's always interesting to read someone else's visions; I spent a lot of time comparing what Joyner wrote to what is in Scripture. I didn't find anything that was problematic for me. in fact, some of what he wrote, abou ...more
Charles Warner
Mar 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a call to action!
This book is to be lived out not just read!
This book is fast forward in seeking God's heart having eyes to see and ears to hear as Holy Ghost leads.

Psalm 119:105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Love those who hurt you, give Living Water to your enemies and watch the ravenous wolves drink deep of this Living Water. I drink deep of this Living Water, I bow before my King Jesus letting His love His Blood wash over me. I once was lost but now I
Melanie
Sep 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome book. It revealed to me the power of God in my life ! I gained knowledge to handle the current problem in my life which is my job.......to be the torchbearer no matter what ! God will redeem me.
Shiloh
Oct 17, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Shiloh by: Brian and Lisa Skaggs
This is the third book in a series of prophetic revelations. A real easy read and very insightful. I highly recommend all the books in this series. It puts a lot of things in perspective and stirs a hunger for Jesus.
Stacy
May 31, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This series of books is life changing - The Final Quest, The Call, and The Torch and the Sword. They show where the Church is now and what needs to change. I've read all of them several years ago, but felt led to reread them now - they are amazingly accurate to where the church is today.
Thato
All Rick's books are must reads. Insight into the coming war of the worlds.great book.
Paul
Sep 06, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really feel this book is lesser known only because The Final Quest was so powerful. This was an excellent book, with many deep truths that have impacted me.
Tharwat
Mar 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Anointed!
Steve Cioccolanti
I try to get a wide variety of perspectives, and Rick Joyner offers me the prophetic and allegorical side. I have read many Rick Joyner books. Not disappointed to have read another one.
Sue
one summer I read all three books back-to-back-to-back.
the whole series will mess with your theology if you happen to be coming from a Traditional Church background.
Sara
Jul 26, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the other book in the series by Rick Joyner that I read. It's about a dream that he had from the Lord. It's intense, but well worth reading.
Wendy Withers
May 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very enlightening to the spiritual battle of the times!
Linn Landry
Aug 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So good!
  • The Seven Longings of the Human Heart
  • Journal of the Unknown Prophet: A Visitation of Jesus Christ
  • Holiness Truth and Presence of
  • Sparkling Gems from the Greek: 365 Greek Word Studies for Every Day of the Year to Sharpen Your Understanding of God's Word
  • Experiencing the Depths of Jesus Christ
  • The God Catchers: Experiencing the Manifest Presence of God
  • The Ransomed Heart: A Collection of Devotional Readings
  • Secrets of the Secret Place: Keys to Igniting Your Personal Time with God
  • The Happy Intercessor
Rick Joyner is the founder and executive director of MorningStar Ministries and Heritage International Ministries and is the Senior Pastor of MorningStar Fellowship Church. He is the author of more than forty books, including The Final Quest, A Prophetic History, and Church History. He is also the president of The Oak Initiative, an interdenominational movement that is mobilizing thousands of Chri ...more

Final Quest (3 books)
  • The Final Quest
  • The Call (Final Quest, #2)