Start by marking “Starbright--Meditations for Children” as Want to Read:
Starbright--Meditations for Children

Starbright--Meditations for Children

Driven by the desire to help her three-year-old daughter settle down into a peaceful night's sleep, Maureen Garth devised meditations that would help her daughter feel secure and cared for. Starbright is a collection of the stories Garth created as her child grew older. These innovative meditations are simple visualizations parents and teachers can read to their children t ...more
Published October 25th 1991 by HarperOne

To ask other readers questions about Starbright--Meditations for Children, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Starbright--Meditations for Children

NjM
Aug 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: maddie-s-reads
This book has been a very useful tool that was suggested by our pediatrician. One of our children has a very hard time sleeping at night, especially during stressful or chaotic times (start of a new school or grade, making friends, family changes, etc.). We implemented the use of this book during those times and we all found it helpful, even magical for all of us! As a parent, it gave me quality time and calmness at night with my kids. My kids loved the imagination it gave them, in turn helping ...more
H.E.
May 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I read my son this book every night- last thing. My friend recommended this as her son (in Henry's class) loves it and now Henry has to have his meditation every night! I tell him it helps him have sweet dreams, and a lot of times we have fun expanding on the meditation and making up new stories to tie in with them. I would think every child would love this!!
Julia Eppingstall
Dec 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was read these beautiful short stories as a child and recall them sending me off to a peaceful and magical sleep each time. Heartwarming, well written and of course well read to me by my mother, the stories are enchanting and rich. Highly recommended for children, will read this to mine when I have them some day!
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
Jan 21, 2015 marked it as to-read
This is basically a book about how to get children to relax. My special needs + ADHD daughter actually loved it when I'd read parts of it to her at night. Some of the meditations are too long, but I would just read part of those. A great idea, but not a perfect execution.
Anna
Oct 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-anna-read
I read this book to my boys at night (aged 3 and 5). They love it. The times when they lay still it really seems to help them fall asleep, in particular the 5 year old who has ASD and difficulty falling asleep.
Jo
Apr 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: family, children
A very dear book for children. Contains some truly helpful guided meditations, which I used to do with my sons when they were little. Very comforting.
Michelle
Sep 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely awesome!!!!
Laurie Petersen
These meditations for kids are so good that adults can use them profitably, too.
Staci Daddona
Jan 29, 2016
Ellin
Apr 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Parents
As a child very prone to nightmares my mum used to read this book to me almost nightly. Nowadays I read it to my 4yo niece when she stays over - she refuses to go to sleep without her "garden story". Recommended for all kids - and adults who fancy a gentle bedtime story.
Courtney