Start by marking “A Death In Beverly Hills” as Want to Read:

A Death In Beverly Hills

This book was materially revised in September, 2014 and is substantially different from the earlier edition.

A Death In Beverly Hills

When the pregnant wife and three year old step-daughter of fading movie star, Tom Travis, dis-appeared, a massive, fruitless, search was launched. Three months later, the body of Travis’s wife was discovered in a shallow grave only a few miles
Kindle Edition, UK, 360 pages
Published (first published June 4th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about A Death In Beverly Hills, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Death In Beverly Hills

Neil
Jan 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a book that has been sat on my Kindle for a fair while, and finally I decided to give it a read. In spite of the various spelling mistakes, and the occasional jumbled name, this was actually a very entertaining read. Everything seemed to have been well thought out, and there were plenty of twists throughout the book, certainly enough to keep me engrossed. So much so that I even started overlooking the spelling mistakes. This was a 'just one more chapter before I put it down book', but I ...more
Denise
Dec 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
'A Death in Beverly Hills' surprised me with how good the story line was. I guess I haven't read any books from this author before, so I was pleasantly surprised. The way the book played out it held me glued to the pages. Full of action, deceit, thrilling scenarios, great characters and one heck of a plot. Janson was a great lead. He had his own demons to deal with and this case helped him through that. I liked the twists. An overall good read. A good add to your tbr list.
Caitlyn
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The best book I've read in a long time

An outstanding story, we'll put together. Very good carector study and technical enough without being overbearing. Good court room drama. This is a complete story,not one of those "buy the next one to see how this one ends". I liked the Arthur enough to buy another of his works.
Christi
Jul 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
9021-uh-oh

This story was great! It held my interest right up to the last page and didn't falter. I begrudgingly held back a star because theatre are quite a few mistakes throughout the book that, in spite of the story's pull, were very distracting. If not for those, it would have been a solid 5 stars!
dorothea canning
Jul 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Very moving. Great book

Very well written. It is one you
do not want to put down. Will read other books like it as well.
Carolyn Piechowicz
Jun 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good read

Minus the grammatical errors, this was a good read. I would read another book by this author. I do recommend it.
Palmreader
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was ok
Not too bad. story had some great moments. Somewhat sympathetic protagonist. Could be a good series with more careful characterization.
Natalie Rampling
Jul 31, 2018 rated it liked it
Murder story was complicated and too many characters, and the background story of the main character was a little unnecessary so it slowed the pace down
Pauline Ross
Another free ebook download, but this one is rather good. Yes, it's got it's fair share of typos, but mostly it's a missing or extra word here and there rather than spelling errors or grammatical howlers, so it didn't impinge on my enjoyment too much. In fact, the few spelling mistakes were actually quite funny. The author obviously has trouble with double consonants, so there were a lot of scared tables and shinny clothes and so forth, which was quite entertaining. Well, it amused me.

The plot r
BonusMom
Apr 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
SUCH A GREAT BOOK

One of the other reviewers said this book made them late for an appointment. I can identify with that! This was an amazing read. I loved it and actually tried to slow my reading for the last chapters because I didn't want the book to end (I tried!!). You will not be disappointed. There are a few typos but except for one, they are easy to skip over. Wonderful suspenseful story.
Laura Myers
Jun 30, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: nobody
This book (at least on my kindle) was very confusing. It kept getting the names all mixed up among some other things. This book could have been written and finished in a quarter of the time that what it was originally done.

I will never read this book again...and probably nothing else by David Grace.
Jack
Mar 16, 2011 rated it liked it
Murder mystery in which a disbarred lawyer seeks evidence to clear a murder suspect, whilst dealing with his own traumatic personal history. A satisfyingly complex plot somewhat let down by some fundamental spelling errors.
Mariann Lawrence
Mar 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A very good read!!!

I really loved reading A Death In Beverly Hills. I had quite a hard time putting it down at night and was kinda sad when I completed the book. Its a great who dunit and I highly recommend reading this book!!!
Carolin
Mar 16, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
None of the characters had depth or anything of much interest about them. The story was simple and the author tried to add some gore here and there but even that didn't really fir with the rest of the story. I should've stopped reading half-way.
Rachael Bermingham
Jan 27, 2012 rated it it was ok
This was a free book which is why I downloaded it. It's an ok read but very predictable. I'm not a huge fan of who-dunnits other than the classics so perhaps I'm biased against the genre. I wouldn't pay money for it.
Keith Withers
Jan 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Thoroughly enthralling

I found this book almost impossible to put down. Just as I thought there was an opportune break something happened to make me read another chapter and so on it went. Recommend as a great read.
Lisa Inganni
I enjoyed this book, good storyline and easy reading for my holiday. Lots of mistakes in it though in relation to spelling etc but what do you want from a free kindle book :) Worth a read.
Yassemin
Couldn't finish that. Was just a complete bore and all the characters were just cookie cutouts. No wonder it was free.
Roxanne
Sep 16, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is a who done it book. A man's wife disappears and he get charged with the crime. Other than that this book is very fuzzy on details and I had a hard time following it.
Penelope Glubetich
Win Powell
Apr 19, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Spoilt
  • From a Far Land (Jaben's Rift, #1)
  • A Question of Hats: An Angela Marchmont Short Story (An Angela Marchmont Mystery)
  • Treespeaker (Treespeaker #1)
  • Graveyard Games
  • Life Blood
  • Painless
  • The Stolen Child
  • The Case of the Missing Boyfriend
  • For Sale In Palm Springs (Henry Wright #1)
  • Disturbed Earth
  • On the Run
  • Boob Tube
  • Seventh Night
  • Get Some
  • The Nullification Engine (The Alchemancer #2)
  • Love Me If You Must (Patricia Amble, #1)
  • Lye in Wait (Home Crafting Mystery, #1)
David M. Alexander (writing as David Grace) Biography

David Grace is the pen name for David M. Alexander. David Alexander was born in Upstate New York in the mid-nineteen forties. His family moved to Northern California in the early nineteen sixties. He graduated from Stanford University in 1967 with a major in history and a minor in economics. He received a Doctor of Laws degree from the Universit