Start by marking “The Official Fahrenheit 9/11 Reader” as Want to Read:
The  Official Fahrenheit 9/11 Reader

The Official Fahrenheit 9/11 Reader

THE OFFICIAL GUIDE TO FAHRENHEIT 9/11
The Cannes Film Festival jury voted unanimously to award the 2004 Best Picture Award to Michael Moore and Fahrenheit 9/11. Since then it has gone on to smash all box office records for a documentary and created an international discussion about the Bush administration and the war in Iraq.
The Official Fahrenheit 9/11 Reader is a
Published October 5th 2004 by Simon & Schuster (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Official Fahrenheit 9/11 Reader, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Official Fahrenheit 9/11 Reader

Start your review of The Official Fahrenheit 9/11 Reader
Stephanie Kapllani
Jul 03, 2014 rated it it was ok
I don't recommend this book if you haven't seen the documentary, you really have to see it to get a feel for the gravity of the topic. I seriously recommend watching the documentary if you haven't seen it, so much in fact I would pay people to go see it (however you can look it up online for free). I'll admit that I don't really follow politics or the news very much and truth be told, I've never really been interested because I know politics can get really corrupt and why stress about something ...more
Susen liest
Apr 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ich habe den Film von Michael Moore mittlerweile schon einige Male gesehen und sehe dieses Buch als wunderbare Ergänzung. Man hat noch mal das Skript zum Film (nach wie vor gut), außerdem aber noch das Quellenmaterial, Zeitungsartikel und Leserbriefe, was das ganze Projekt richtig rund macht.
Grundsätzlich räumt Michael Moore ja mit der Bush-Regierung auf, zeigt die Verbindungen der Familie Bush mit den Bin Ladens, wie Falschmeldungen der Regierung nicht von der Presse überprüft werden und dass
Robert
Sep 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If more people had taken this documentary to heart, we would not be in the mess that we are in at this point in our history. Michael Moore cleverly answers the critics (the typical pundits and corporate mouthpieces) by giving us a copy of the script and a rebuttal to the articles and the coordinated criticism of the documentary. See the film first and get the book if you have any doubts about the agenda of the previous administration.
Pera
Jun 27, 2007 rated it liked it
Shelves: wishlist, novel
I hope I can find this book soon!
Dr.J.G.
Feb 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Perhaps there is a need to examine all the happenings around the event that shook US and affected much of the world, with open eyes and vigilent mind, to see what realy was going on, rather than a frightened acceptance of a story given out and knee jerk reactions.

There is much that was not officially acknowledged or even given out in the supposedly free media of US.

And in the hurry to not look weak, in the instant reaction to hit out at a few conveniently presented targets, you might in fact
Gimena Reche
Jan 23, 2015 rated it it was ok
Como dice la tapa es una Guía oficial del documental filmado por el director Michael Moore. Antes vi el film y después me compré el libro por mera curiosidad. Descubrí que era el guión y a medida que la lectura avanzaba se me hacía cada vez más pesado. La verdad no sé si valía la pena leerlo en ese momento. Creo que tendría que releerlo para rescatar un montón de cosas inteligentes que analiza Moore sobre el estilo de vida y el pensamiento de los Estadounidense, que influye en otros países, pero ...more
Grada (BoekenTrol)
Ik heb dit boek een hele tijd geleden gekocht omdat ik dacht, dat het 'het verhaal als in de film' zou zijn. Niets was echter minder waar.

Ja, het verhaal stond erin, alleen op een toneelstuk-manier. Beschreven scenes, cameraposities etc. Ik kon er niet veel mee. Daarnaast waren er veel reacties opgenomen van het publiek. Hoe de film ontvangen werd, wat men ervan vond.

Het was in mijn beleving meer een naslagwerk dan een boek om te lezen en ik kwam er niet doorheen.
Hallie Huffman
Jan 21, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: tv-movies
My introduction into the world of Micheal Moore(for what its worth). Prompted me to watch the movie and others he has done. I do not like his particular style of inflammatory "journalism", but his work prompts people to think, and we certainly need more of that, if we want any kind of reform.
Maxi
Jul 30, 2011 added it
Personally, I found it quite boring towards the end with all the critics and articles. Still, the book's good but only recommendable for people who are really into the movie or topic. But I loved the cartoons :)
John
Feb 03, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: humour, fact
Michael Moore just loves himself doesn't he..... it's a good job that his politics are ok or he'd come across as even more of a tosser than he actually is....

Basically this book is just a script of the film of the same name....
Indah Threez Lestari
677 - 2015
Tyler
Jan 13, 2010 rated it did not like it
Funny, in a sick kind of way, like watching a car-wreck.
Stephanie
May 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
LOVED it. Huge voter turnout, partly in thanks to the eye opening realizations of the information shared. WOW.
Dave Haskins
History,Politics,George W. Bush
Steve Kemp
Jun 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What can I say ? Michael Moore brings it to those who need the blame . Top of the heap reference for facts revealed in the movie.
Gongju
Mar 25, 2010 is currently reading it
Shelves: gongju-s
eye opener!
Kat Louw
Oct 22, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
makes you think aboput everything tiwce - maybe even 3 times ;-)
Belinda doni
Jul 24, 2007 rated it it was amazing
to open up your mind by knowing the other evidences before, in time and after wtc attack on 9 11
Ovie
Sep 21, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone
got this book (english version) from my fiance as one of my 26th bday present..
one of my favourite book.. realized me more abt many things there in the world..
n i liked the documentary too..
Chris316
Jan 07, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: conspiracy
A documentary that suggested bureaucratic dishonesty in times of war. A long shot theory that could become the biggest conspiracy of all time.
Rowena
Jun 18, 2010 rated it liked it
Good supplement to the documentary.
Pradeep Kumar
Feb 09, 2014 rated it liked it
Bush reads my pet goat
Raul
Sep 30, 2018 rated it liked it

FAHRENHEIT 9/11

Michael Moore
May 17, 2004

Michael Moore, the political filmmaker turns his line of sight to the Bush administration. It is no surprise, a president that has ties to the Bin Laden family and royal house of saud is on Moores radar. Moore argues about the fraudulent circumstances, that elected George bush as the 43rd president of the United States. Moore questions the integrity of our elections. He evidently explains how president bush ignores the warnings of the betrayal by his
Karla Winick-Ford
Jan 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Frames his perspective well and outlines how it got to the point it did.
Being a Michigan author was a draw, and there are some insightful components within the covers.
Can't say I'd read it again, or that I would recommend it, but it is what it is- his right to express his views and those he's interviewed.
Dorian Pacheco
Feb 16, 2020 rated it liked it
Tried to read this with an open mind but things like Moore obsessing over the minutes after Bush43 was told of the second plane whilst in the school and blatant omissions quickly soured me on this book. I'm no big fan of 43 but this was pretty much a political hit piece disguised as a documentary.
P.S. Winn
Feb 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is actually about the movie and screen play, but does add additional information that shows convincing information and sourcing the author went through to find what was going on behind the scenes after the tragedy of 9/11 and what facts led up to the attack.
Michael
Aug 07, 2014

• God I Am: From Tragic to Magic
  • The Ptaah Tapes: Transformation of the Species
  • The Day After Roswell
  • The Mammoth Book of Cover-Ups: The 100 Most Terrifying Conspiracies of All Time
  • Crop Circles: The Bones of God
  • Conversations With God: An Uncommon Dialogue, Book 2
  • The Deepening Complexity of Crop Circles: Scientific Research and Urban Legends
  • Conversations with God: An Uncommon Dialogue, Book 1
  • A.D. After Disclosure: The People's Guide to Life After Contact
  • Transylvanian Sunrise
  • The Ascension Mysteries: Revealing the Cosmic Battle Between Good and Evil
  • Secret Places of the Lion: Alien Influences on Earth's Destiny
  • Dear God, What's Happening to Us?: Halting Eons of Manipulation
  • The Force Awakens (Star Wars: Novelizations, #7)
  • Walt Disney's Pinocchio (Illustrated Classics Series)
  • Sacred Time
  • Gidget (Gidget series, #1)
  • Brigadoon (Vocal Score)

Michael Moore is an American filmmaker, author and liberal political commentator. He is the director and producer of Bowling for Columbine, Fahrenheit 9/11, Sicko, and Capitalism: A Love Story, four of the top nine highest-grossing documentaries of all time.[3] In September