Start by marking “Ebay for Dummies” as Want to Read:
Ebay for Dummies

Ebay for Dummies (For Dummies)

3.44  ·  Rating details ·  166 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
The bestselling guide to successfully buying and selling on eBay, fully revised and updated

eBay is the world's #1 shopping and selling site, where millions find bargains and make money with their own sales. Marsha Collier is the #1 eBay expert and bestselling author, with more than a million copies of her books in print. And eBay For Dummies has been the bestselling book o
Published June 8th 2009 by For Dummies (first published October 7th 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Ebay for Dummies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ebay for Dummies

False
Nov 09, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The problem I hit with the Dummie books is that they always seems to fall short of what you really need to know and you only get a general overview. I've been selling on eBay for years, and the only reason I read this latest edition was to see if there were any new tips available. There were not. It's a good jump off point for an absolute beginner. Beyond that, go elsewhere to learn.
Marsha
May 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a good basic book about buying and selling on e-Bay. The author makes it interesting, and gives many examples throughout the book on what she is describing. This book is a valuable source of information and it is written in such a way as to also be entertaining, not dull.
Ariadna73
This is a typical example of the "For dummies" series. The information is simple, easy to understand, not very deep, not terribly technical. It is informative, and it helps get you going if you knowledge about the site is zero or near-zero.

This is a photo of the informative pages of the book I read. As you can see, it was a 2016 edition, so I was expecting something new, something that I didn't know, anything besides the very basic.

The following image is the table of contents. I, of course jump
Laren
Apr 05, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
This author has written a series of "For Dummies" books about eBay which are intended to be read sequentially as you become more advanced in the topic. This is the very first book, and it is for true beginners. It walks you through extremely basic topics such as setting up an account on eBay, learning how to buy, and starting to sell. That's about where it ends. Unfortunately, this was more elementary than I was looking for, but the writing keeps you engaged so I will likely check out one of the ...more
Alessandro Pellizzari
Jun 11, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: web, manuali, e
Per chi è davvero ignorante sul funzionamento di eBay è un ottimo libro.
Copre praticamente tutto quello che c'è da sapere per imparare a fare acquisti oculati e vendite.

Purtroppo non copre minimamente la parte che interessava a me (i negozi eBay), ed è molto orientato al mercato americano, trattando estesamente le forme di pagamento, di tassazione e soprattutto di spedizione disponibili solo in USA.
Nov 17, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Wanted some quick pointers for selling on eBay - not the book for me - made it seem a complicated and expensive process - so much so that I almost didn't bother. Turns out eBay is so simple (and cheap) that I didn't need this book complicating things at all.
Judy Scheibach
This book is out of date, which I don't blame the book for since I bought it at a used bookstore. But what I don't like about it is having to wade through all the attempts at stupid humor to find useful information.
Lisa Proulx
Dec 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A good resource for anyone who wants to learn about eBay! :)
Simon Rindy
Nov 14, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
At a glance, this book promises to provide the info I want/need to sell some kindly used things via the "information superhighway." I can appreciate a book for giving me "just the facts.
Jessica
Oct 15, 2012 rated it it was ok
This is eBay for Dummies (ebook) 6th ed. 323 pages.

Good for a few hints.
Ryan Blanck
October 2010 -- Mary Cheney Library, Manchester, CT -- Very Interesting book about E-Bay
Andrea
Jul 10, 2008
Chris
May 28, 2009
Omar Arteaga
rated it did not like it
Mar 18, 2015
  • HTML5 & CSS3 For The Real World
  • Professional Node.Js: Building JavaScript Based Scalable Software
  • Best Business Practices for Photographers
  • Mobile Design Pattern Gallery: UI Patterns for Mobile Applications
  • Implementing Responsive Design: Building Sites for an Anywhere, Everywhere Web
  • You Don't Know JS: this & Object Prototypes
  • jQuery Cookbook: Solutions & Examples for jQuery Developers
  • Object-Oriented JavaScript
  • Maintainable JavaScript
  • PHP Objects, Patterns, and Practice
  • Even Faster Web Sites
  • eBay 101: Selling on eBay For Part-time or Full-time Income, Beginner to PowerSeller in 90 Days
  • Pragmatic Guide to Git
  • Designing Web Interfaces: Principles and Patterns for Rich Interactions
  • Elasticsearch: The Definitive Guide: A Distributed Real-Time Search and Analytics Engine
  • Programming in Go: Creating Applications for the 21st Century

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »

For Dummies (1 - 10 of 104 books)
  • Accounting for Dummies