Start by marking “Code: Veronica (Resident Evil, #6)” as Want to Read:
Code: Veronica  (Resident Evil, #6)

Code: Veronica (Resident Evil #6)

3.92  ·  Rating details ·  2,247 Ratings  ·  67 Reviews
Kindle Edition
Published (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Code, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Code

Mac Dubista Keso The Bibliobibuli v(=∩_∩=)
Will Meeks
The sixth installment, and final book in the series, takes place during the video game of the same name. Claire Redfield, brother of former S.T.A.R.S. member Chris Redfield of RE 1/Umbrella Conspiracy, is now on the hunt for clues as to where Chris Redfield is. After the events of RE 2, she finds out that Chris has gone to Europe to take on the umbrella Corporation directly with other former S.T.A.R.S. members. During her investigation, in Paris, Claire is captured and sent to Rockfort Island. C ...more
Robert Beveridge
S. D. Perry, Code: Veronica (Pocket, 2001)

Perry's series of novels based (often loosely) on the Resident Evil games reaches its penultimate volume and rounds in on itself; for the first time in a while, we have a book focusing on Claire and Chris Redfield and getting back to game mechanics and puzzles (though the puzzles are quite glossed-over here, and whether or not you find that a good thing is something only you can decide).

In this episode, Claire's been kidnapped and taken to a small Umbre
Courtney Key
Aug 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Alpha
Jul 22, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Code: Veronica is S.D. Perry's novelization of the video game Resident Evil: Code Veronica and is based off the incidents that occur on the island with Claire Redfield as she searches for her missing brother Chris Redfield.

This novel, as well as the video game itself, is a very special filler or should I say a walk down memory lane through the history of the Umbrella Corporation. I myself actually need to finish this game before I can continue on since I haven't finished this game but the novel
Paul Wardman
The final book written by S.D Perry in the Resident Evil series. While the series has continued on in game format it seems no more books will be hitting shelves as these have only just returned to print after a time of being quite hard to find.

The opening was dog awful. For the longest time no real explanation was given as to how the characters you were following had gotten into the situation they found themselves and I found myself struggling to keep an interest.
Eventually things settle down a
Erikson Ribeiro
Dec 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-read
Resident Evil é e será minha série favorita de jogos, independente se os últimos jogos (que ainda não joguei) não foram tão bons. Enfim...

Residente Evil Código Verônica foi o único jogo que não "zerei" da sequência tradicional (RE 1, 2, 3 e Code Verônica), muito difícil e pouco munição, então não sei todos os detalhes da história.
Partindo deste principio o livro é muito bom, ação a todo tempo e isso faz com que a leitura flua muito bem e rápido. Neste livro não foram abordados muitos puzzle que
Lewis Clark
This is a trashy little horror/sci-fi based on the game of the same name and I genuinely found myself enjoying it for the most part. When it tackles claustrophobic, lonely isolation in a foreign place it's a really fun read. Perry describes the walking dead with such disgusting detail that you can really feel the terror the characters are facing and I'd certainly like to read one of the Resident Evil novels that aren't based on a game because I can imagine Perry spending more time on building a ...more
Mileena
Resident Evil: Code Veronica
4.5/5 stars
Okay so I just wrote a long review of this book already and goodreads deleted it. So here we go again.

I always loved the creepy but insanely original tale that was crafted in CVX with the Ashford twins. And Claire looking for Chris. And the fucking dreamboat that is Steve Burnside.

Now I haven't played it myself. But I did play the mode of the game that was included in The Darkside Chronicles. And seen many gameplays of the original, and I can honestly say
Jodie Springer
Dec 31, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love the Resident Evil video game series with a passion I've shown for little else, and when I learned there were books of the franchise, I sought them out immediately. Some of these books have been far better than others, especially Nemesis. Code: Veronica, however, was difficult for me to trudge through. Perhaps it could have been better if the author had had a readily available thesaurus, as the same adjectives seem to be used relentlessly in succession. Nonetheless, I can't bring myself to ...more
Kay Botha
May 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Coming into this as a fan of the video games, I was not surprised to find it thoroughly interesting. The characters were spot-on, and the little added details to the story kept things enjoyable without feeling like gaming deja vu. However, if you haven't touched a Resident Evil game before, I wouldn't suggest reading this as a standalone. The antogonists may come off as clunky, and the memories of their past will leave you scratching your head. Give the games, or previous books, a once-over befo ...more
AndrewP
Jan 04, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror
Nek0 Neha (BiblioNyan)
Out of all of the novels based on the video game series (not including the two original stories), this is my favorite. In my opinion it was one of the darkest games of the series and that holds true in the novelization. The suspense is beautiful and the plot is thick with curious intrigue. The panic and disbelief that the characters exhibit in the game come to life as you can read about each and every single thought that crosses their minds. I read this novel quicker then the others because I wa ...more
Angelica Paulino
Aug 15, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is a bit of a horrific novel, but keeps you interested. This book is part of a series that features seven books. The plot in this book is so wonderful because it really keeps you interested. For example, on page one hundred forty-two on the last paragraph, Steve (a young adult who plays an important role in the book)killed his father because he was infected with the virus that turned him into a mindless zombie. Once the deed was done, Steve became pretty scarred for life. This is only ...more
A.J. Raven
Dec 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really loved this book. I guess it was because I'm a huge Resident Evil fan and Claire Redfield is one of my favorite characters from the franchise. It's tough to make readers scared from written words, when they are coming from the video game experience, but SD Perry did an amazing job with setting the tone. It was fun to read the inner monologues experienced by Claire rather than transferring my own emotions to her when playing the video game.
Kristen
description

I have never been more unsure of how to feel about a book before; part of me wants to snuggle it and part of me wants to burn it.

I think I'm going to have to come back to this review after some more thought, because at the moment my feelings for this book can only be properly expressed through noises.
Patrick
Jan 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the novelization of Code Veronica...of course there were some things I felt were a bit rushed especially the ending, there was a lot more that happened at the end of Code Veronica that was not touched upon in the book. All in all it was a great read and it was nice to see what Wesker was up to again. I'm sad that there are no more books in the series, having read Zero Hour first. I wish S.D. Perry could write books for RE4, RE5, and RE6. Well at least I can play the games.
LaDonna   Richerson
Overall It was good, I would like to read it again. The only problem that I have with it is that the ending felt a little rushed and if the author was trying to get the book over with. Also, it makes me sad that this is the last novel and no new ones are being made currently. I really enjoy the novels and love the author's style. So I hope more novels are over the horizon.
Alessandro
Dec 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Molte cose sono state sintetizzate ma...l'ho adorato. Code: Veronica rimarrà il mio capitolo preferito della saga. Chi non ha mai giocato al videogioco non può capire. Mi ha emozionato tantissimo e stessa cosa è riuscito a fare il libro. Claire e Steve sono qualcosa di meraviglioso. Il finale lascia l'amaro in bocca ma, secondo il mio modestissimo parere, non potevano creare finale migliore.
Chris Lemmerman
A bit of an odd one. A great adaptation of the game, but it feels a bit lopsided, with 2/3s of the book at the Rockfort Island facility and then the final 1/3 cramming all of the Antarctica base stuff in one go. Alexia and Wesker were barely in it, and I think that made the book suffer as a result.
Leonardo Cruz
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mesmerizing

Code Veronica is a faithful adaptation of the game, capturing the disturbing madness of the antagonists from its game counterpart and instilling terror and dread in its reader. A worthy buy.
Kati
Not bad. I liked Claire and Steve's friendship and Claire and Chris' sibling bond, those were great. But the villains got defeated way too easily, in my opinion.
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Well, this has definitely been the weakest of the books by far. Pacing is a bit of a problem as the island section far outweighs the events taking place in Antarctica. So much so that both Chris and Wesker are kind of shoehorned in last minute almost as if in afterthought.

Also was Wesker always uncomfortably aggressively rapey? I don't recall that at all in the games. To me he always came across as detached-almost asexual in that he only seemed interested in someone for their use in furthering
Kristin
Eh...it was okay.
Taryn
Let's talk about disappointment. When a movie or novel is made as an adaptation to your favourite video game in a series, it's never going to live up to your expectations. It's worse if you go in with incredibly low expectations to begin with. Well, that's exactly how reading Code: Veronica was for me. Here I was, waiting for my best boy, Chris Redfield, to make a reappearance, and what do I get? This!

Yes, Claire's scenario is longer, in the game as well as the book, but still. Perry cut out alm
Rudy  Guglielmi

La disperata ricerca del fratello scomparso mette ancora una volta Claire Redfield contro le spaventose armi biologiche della Umbrella Corporation. La sua impresa la conduce su un’isola remota dove un folle genio le scatena contro ogni grottesca creatura a sua disposizione, per impedirle di interferire con i suoi orribili piani.Catapultata nelle viscere della terra, Claire ritrova finalmente il ragazzo che era venuta a cercare. Chris Redfield, nel frattempo, ha combattuto una guerra solitaria co

yoksan
This is the sixth book I've read in the series.

I'm not a die hard fan of this franchise, but I do like me some coperate evildoers and the zombie stuffs was weirdly fascinating so I kept coming back for more. I'm trying to enjoy this series from the viewpoint of non-fans.

Anyway, it's enjoyable enough. One thing's been nagging at me though... Why every bad guy in the series has to be psychos? I mean, I understand you have to be a bit crazy to do the things they did in here, but normal people also
Stephanie
Aug 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite
My favorite of the Resident Evil games, so I read the book to see how it compared. For any fans of the game, READ THIS BOOK!!! It explains everything that happens and gives insight on character motives. The game feels a bit ambiguous at times as the cut scenes don't describe the character's thoughts. I'm excited to read more to see how they compare to other games. Gives you a new appreciation for the series and admiration for the author for being able to cover everything in so much detail.
David
Aug 29, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
RE: Código Verónica. Bueno, quizá el más flojo de la saga, que tiene a favor que se lee muy rápido y que en este caso los protagonistas se enfrentan a un "superjefe" (no digo más para no desvelar sorpresas). Se repite la estructura de libros anteriores y no se cierra de forma definitiva la lucha contra Umbrella.
William Moses Jr.
Jul 13, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror
Actually 2.5 stars. It was just alright. I don't know, but it seemed like all the zombies and B.O.W.s were too easily dispatched and things just raced from one thing to another. The final fights were especially unbelievable, in a bad way.
Ending ??? 3 20 Jun 03, 2013 08:16PM
  • Resident Evil: Apocalypse
  • Resident Evil: Archives: Umbrella's Virus Uncovered
  • Resident Evil: Retribution - The Official Movie Novelization
  • Infernal Sky (Doom #3)
  • Alan Wake
  • Down the Road: On the Last Day
  • Dead Island
  • Dead Space: Martyr (Dead Space, #1)
  • I am Scrooge: A Zombie Story for Christmas
  • Tide
  • The Rising: Selected Scenes from the End of the World
  • Zombie Britannica
  • Mortal Kombat
  • Rise of the Horde (Zombie Attack #1)
SD Perry (Stephani Danelle, by the way, though she prefers SD or Danelle) has been writing novelizations and tie-ins for most of her adult life. Best known for her work in the shared multiverses of Resident Evil, Star Trek, and Aliens, SD is a horror nerd and an introvert. Her father is acclaimed science fiction author Steve Perry. SD lives with her family in Portland, Oregon.

More about S.D. Perry

Resident Evil (7 books)
  • Zero Hour (Resident Evil, #0)
  • The Umbrella Conspiracy (Resident Evil, #1)
  • Caliban Cove (Resident Evil, #2)
  • City of the Dead (Resident Evil, #3)
  • Underworld  (Resident Evil, #4)
  • Nemesis (Resident Evil, #5)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Trail of Dead (Scarlett Bernard, #2)
  • The Regulars
  • Childhood's End
  • The Mirror
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Voyage to Magical North (The Accidental Pirates)
    $5.67 $2.99
  • Raven's Peak (World on Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • That Hideous Strength: (Space Trilogy, Book Three) (The Space Trilogy 3)
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Swords and Deviltry (Lankhmar, 1)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Garden of Stones (Echoes of Empire, #1)
  • Dracula [Kindle in Motion]
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Dark Tower: And Other Stories
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Autumn Republic (Powder Mage #3)
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Stinger
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Out of the Silent Planet (Space Trilogy, #1)
    $5.74 $1.99
  • Extracted (Extracted Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Haven (Rain Wild Chronicles, #2)
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Spirit Hunters
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Loved (House of Night Other World #1)
    $11.00 $0.99
  • The Terranauts
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Brilliance (Brilliance Saga, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Act Two (Cirque des Immortels, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Better World (Brilliance Saga, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Written in Fire (Brilliance Saga, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Final Act (Cirque des Immortels, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
  • Ocean of Storms
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Sword of Shannara Trilogy (Shannara, #1-3)
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Artful
  • Till We Have Faces: A Myth Retold
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Chains of Command (Frontlines, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angles of Attack (Frontlines, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lines of Departure (Frontlines, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Terms of Enlistment (Frontlines #1)
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Chocolate Touch
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10)
  • Mama Day
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
  • Infinite
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Boundary Lines (Boundary Magic, #2)
  • The Mermaid's Sister
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Boundary Crossed (Boundary Magic, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Boundary Born (Boundary Magic, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Kissed by Darkness (Sunwalker Saga, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Marked (Supernatural Prison, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Blood Kissed (Lizzie Grace, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • A Glimmer of Hope (The Avalon Chronicles #1)
  • Celia and the Fairies
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Best Served Cold (First Law World, #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Valor (The Faithful and the Fallen, #2)
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • To Honor You Call Us (Man of War, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunter's Trail (Scarlett Bernard, #3)
  • Wool: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $2.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
  • Ticker
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Barsk: The Elephants' Graveyard (Barsk, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dead Spots (Scarlett Bernard #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)