Start by marking “TekLords (TekWar, #2)” as Want to Read:
TekLords (TekWar, #2)

TekLords (TekWar #2)

3.24  ·  Rating details ·  516 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
Known to millions as "Star Trek's" Captain Kirk, actor-director and bestselling author William Shatner returns to the stunning future world he created in "TekWar." Ex-cop Jake Cardigan is back. A synthetic plague is sweeping the city. And a top drug-control agent is brutally murdered by a reprogrammed human "zombie, " deadlier than an android assassin. For Jake, all roads ...more
Published January 1st 1992 by Ace (first published January 1st 1991)

To ask other readers questions about TekLords, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about TekLords

David Caldwell
Oct 03, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: series, sci-fi
Jake Cardigan is back to continue his fight against the Teklords andtheir non-drug drug Tek.Along with his partner Sid Gomez and his girlfriend Beth Kitteridge, Kirk (sorry I mean Jake)takes his trusty phaser (oops I mean stungun)to try and stop the synthetic plague virus released by the Teklords.Unfortunately Jake's informants are dropping like Red Shirts (sorry ...wait that one is right).

I have often said adventure stories are like roller coasters. You know where evrything is going, but gettin
Neil
This was a decent sequel. There was not really much to it. It moves at a steady pace; it held my interest throughout the entire book. The character development was so-so; I think I enjoyed reading about Gomez more than I did about Cardigan. I did not expect it to end the way it did; it seemed rather abrupt to me. At the same time, I thought that it was okay for it to end as it did [as it could be fairly contrasted against other endings that are dragged out longer than they need to be].

Shatner h
Chrissyreads
Apr 05, 2016 rated it it was ok
Knowing the expectation going into the novel from reading the first book helped form my opinion of the second installment of the Tek Series.

I'll start out by saying that the majority of the problem I have with the novel is in its main character, Jake, and his relationship. His relationship with Beth is one that I don't really believe in. In the first novel, he falls in love with the android and afterwards meets the human Beth. SOMEHOW SOMEWAY, human Beth falls in love with Jake even though it j
Kathryn
Oct 06, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
I started Teklords expecting a truly atrocious piece of work. I figured I probably wouldn’t even be able to finish it, as Shatner would no doubt inflict all sorts of terrible writing and sex scenes on us. The preface appeared to presage horror, as it was written in Shatner’s own staccato phrasing (“Imagine... [ellipsis in original] a sequel, continuity, progression. Why? Sales, reviews, terrific. Who? Ron Goulart – witty, wise, ingenious…And next? Guess”). I wondered uneasily if the entire book ...more
Fangirl
Nov 24, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi, crime
David Erickson
Jul 12, 2013 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: sci-fi readers
Recommended to David by: used book store
Ex-cop and now private detective Jake Cardigan hunts down the distributors of a synthetic plague the Teklords have released in San Francisco to get the countries of the world to stop blocking their distribution of their deadly recreational drug, Tek.

Murder and mayhem ensue as he and his partner, Gomez, an annoying investigative reporter and Jake's beautiful girlfriend hunt down the creator of the plague and the Teklords responsible.

This is an entertaining tale and a fun read, but I think Shatner
⚜Trea⚜
Jun 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: challenges-2013
This is a case of the sequel being as good, if not better than the original! The original cast of TekWar is back, along with some new friends and enemies. The book takes you out of Futuristic North America and into Futuristic Japan itself, giving the book an added layer of world building. It was another fast read, and progressed relationships realistically. I found it quite enjoyable and continue to keep rereading this series!
Sara
Jan 19, 2015 rated it liked it
This book was fun but overall rather mediocre.

The idea of the world is interesting but it is not very fleshed out. The characters and their interactions feel flat. The dialog is ho-hum. It all really is just mediocre, not bad, just mediocre. That said, it is vaguely entertaining and a swift read.
Chelsea
Jun 13, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi
This is the second book in the Tekwar series by William Shatner. This book was very much like this first one- a good, not great, story line, believable characters, and some action. Overall this is an enjoyable book as long as you are not looking for something to really blow you away. It is a good quick read. I did like this book.
Mike
Oct 07, 2012 rated it it was ok
Mostly needed to wipe the brain with something light and fast and book 2 of the Tek saga fit the bill. Odd note on the end: It seemed like they just ran out of time or something, each little section just felt erratic and tacked on. Not quite quickly assembled notes, but almost.
Patrick
Jan 25, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was actually better in some ways than the first one. For one thing the writing is slightly better; Jake doesn't talk to himself nearly as much. The plot is a bit more intricate too. It involves drug dealers and a killer virus unleashed in San Francisco.

Good light entertainment overall.
Meg Dean
Mar 31, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The second book in the Tek series...

I absolutely love these books! I first read them in high school in the '90's and loved them then too!

They are a bit campy and over the top...but so much fun :c)
Donny
Dec 20, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: first-100
2 Stars. One star because its William Shatner, need i say more lol. Another because the writing wasn't that bad. unfortunately i can not say the same for the story. i found the book to be boring and dated.
Terry Colton
Dec 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Fun
AndrewP
Jan 14, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: science-fiction
Unbelievable tech drug is the basis of this whole series. Pointing towards virtual reality but doesn't quite get there. Only read this one of the series....
Chris Wolfe
Jul 07, 2007 rated it it was ok
Shelves: sci-fi
I thought maybe WFS could improve on the original story with his sequel. Marginally better, I suppose. Good for a quick read when you don't want anything too complicated.
Nick
Jun 11, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
well it was another shatner book in the tek series... not the greatest writing, but they are fun to read.
Eric Smith
Aug 04, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
Well, it was pretty bad. But then Shatner is a bad actor and a bad singer, so it comes as no great surprise. In its favour, the plot moved along nicely, and it was a nice light read.
Glenda
Jun 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have enjoyed reading this book series so much I ordered the dvd set TekWar the complete series on amazon.com. It was a bargain.
Tracey
Apr 23, 2011 rated it it was ok
Read in early 90's - can't recall much about it other than I read it.
Gary Norris
Jul 04, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi
Mostly as good as the first, but unfortunately the end feels very, very rushed.
Jeremy Morgan
May 28, 2012 rated it it was ok
These aren't the worst books I have ever read.
Merlin Thomas
Durchschnittliches Buch, schwaches Ende.
Scott
  • Enemy Unseen
  • Home Is the Hunter
  • Final Frontier
  • Ghost-Walker
  • The Starless World (Star Trek Adventures, #8)
  • Three Minute Universe
  • The World of Star Trek
  • Exiles (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #14)
  • The Price of the Phoenix (Star Trek Adventures, #4)
  • Trek To Madworld (Star Trek Adventures, #9)
  • Star Trek 9
  • Rules of Engagement
  • The Romulan Way (Star Trek: Rihannsu, #2)
  • Chain of Attack
  • Sanctuary
  • The Cry of the Onlies
  • Vulcan's Forge
William Shatner is the author of nine Star Trek novels, including the New York Times bestsellers The Ashes of Eden and The Return. He is also the author of several nonfiction books, including Get a Life! and I'm Working on That. In addition to his role as Captain James T. Kirk, he stars as Denny Crane in the hit television series from David E. Kelley, Boston Legal -- a role for which he has won tw ...more
More about William Shatner...

TekWar (9 books)
  • TekWar (TekWar, #1)
  • TekLab (TekWar, #3)
  • TekVengeance (TekWar, #4)
  • TekSecret (TekWar, #5)