Start by marking “A Spy in the White House (Capital Mysteries Series #4)” as Want to Read:
A Spy in the White House (Capital Mysteries Series #4)

A Spy in the White House (Capital Mysteries #4)

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  373 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
KC's mom is getting married . . . to the President of the United States KC wants the day to be perfect, but someone keeps leaking wedding secrets. The newspapers have even printed where the president and his bride are going on their honeymoon. To save the wedding, KC and Marshall must track down the spy in the White House "From the Trade Paperback edition."
Published September 9th 2009 by Random House Children's Books (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about A Spy in the White House, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Spy in the White House

Connie
Feb 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read with my kindergarten, 2nd, and 3rd grade daughters at bedtime. They loved it. The storyline, the characters, and the thought processes (their attempts to use and gain knowledge throughout critically thinking out the problem) were excellent. (Can you tell I'm taking a 'Foundations of Literature' course for my reading endorsement?).
Only issue with this book: we loved it so much we had a hard time settling down for bed/sleeping because they'd get so excited, trying to solve the mystery, and t
Chae Yeon
Jun 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like the mysteries that was going on.
Meredith Peterson
Minaho Isaji
RANDOM HOUSE YL:3.5
A Spy in the White House by Ron Roy

5/19 1-3 40 minutes
Mom, Married, President, USA, Girl, Boy, Spy

I like the first scene.
KC(girl) and Marshall(boy) practicef for her mom's wedding. KC's mom were geting married to the President of the United States. They thought "This is a white House Wedding. Everything has to be perfect. The whole world will be watching on TV!" I think that is really pretty and they are cute.

I have not finish reading thid book yet, but I know this book gonna
Amara Tanith
With A Spy in the White House, the Capital Mysteries series hasn't quite established itself yet, but it's getting there. In the story, KC Corcoran, the soon-to-be First Daughter, and her friend Marshall are getting ready for the president's wedding when they realize there's a spy releasing secret wedding details to the press.

With the plot keeping KC and Marshall around the White House, there isn't much in the way  of introducing the capital to children, but it's a solid, child-level mystery; Ron
Ernie Garcia
Oct 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book, "A Spy In The White House is about KC Corcoran and Marshall Lee KCs mom married president Thornthon So now they are leaving in the white house Marshall KCs best friend and they have a mysterie when a reporter keeps finding out things about the wedding. How she managed to do was by planting a chip in the cats collar. I really liked this book and I was really ecxited when I got it cause since forever Id been wanting to read it.
Julie
May 16, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This looks like it is a great series in size and content to follow The Magic Tree House Books. I love the illustrations and the map of Washington, D.C. in the front cover. We'll have to follow the reading of this group up with a trip in to see the actual places that we have read about! Peter likes the mysteries and problem solving...Ron Roy's A to Z mysteries are also fun ones for early chapter readers.
Luke Ewell
Jan 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3rd-grade
KC's mom is getting ready to marry the president and they find out a spy is getting all the wedding secrets. Then giving them to a reporter, or is the reporter a spy? When the presidents' cat is trying to get a mouse magnet, it sticks to his collar. KC finds out that it is a bug. A bug is a little device used to hear from a far distance. They set a bait and find out that the reporter is the spy. She is taken to trial and to the FBI.
Amy
Feb 22, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-sfic
#4 in the Capital Mysteries series, KC's mom is preparing to marry President Thornton and she wants everything to be perfect. Unfortunately, there appears to be a spy in the white house because secrets about the big event keep getting leaked to the press. To save the day, KC and her friend, Marshall have to discover who the spy is.
Dolly
Jun 01, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
We are getting into the Capital Mysteries series. It's not a very believable group of stories, but each one is entertaining and they are fast reads. We prefer the A to Z Mysteries, but as we are moving to the DC area this summer, I hope these books get our girls more excited for the move.
Olivia Rowley
Nov 24, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a cute book about a girl named KC and her friend Marshal. KC's mom is scheduled to marry the President of the United States, but someone keeps telling a reporter all their secrets about the wedding. KC and Marshal do everything possible to keep her mother from calling off the wedding. It is a good book to read to children. It will definitely keep their attention.
Caleb
Feb 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked it. Casey's mom is getting married to the president of the United States so a spy is telling where they are going on their honeymoon. The spy had put a talk thing on the president's cat inside it's collar.
Kaytee
May 27, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
kcs mom was getting married with the president all the stuff were supposed to be privat but they were on the magizen there was a spy in the white house the cat had somthing on his collar. the magezn weiter was darla darling and she was the theif.
Aridio PEREYRA
Dec 04, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: to mystery readerds
This book is about a girl name kc and a boy name shawne the
2 kids suspet that there is a spy in the white house because someone in getting information about kc mams wediing because kc mom is going to marrid the precident of the united states.
Kristi
Davey: "One thing that I didn't like about this book is I didn't understand what was going on. I thought the book was interesting when Dad told me what was going on. I would not recommend this book because they wouldn't understand what was going on."
Sydney
Jan 13, 2004 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
when someone is spying on the president and k.c's mother and its all over the news even when there on there honeymoon and on the newspaper it says that the president and k.c.'s mom can't marry.k.c.and her friend mitchell are going to spy on the spy.
Marlee
Mar 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some of the details in this book were quite silly. However, both of my children (ages 7 and 10), really enjoyed the story. Quick, fun, and funny too.
Payton
Jun 12, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Someone is trying to ruin the suprises that the president and Kc mom are trying to keep it a secret.
Kesha
Aug 16, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute series for reluctant, below grade level older students, or on grade level younger students.
B
Fairly simple mysteries that introduce children to various places in Washington. The main detective is the stepdaughter of the president with her best friend, a boy.
Gina
Finished 3/10/16
Andrea Labonte
Sep 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: juv
This is a very good series. I can't stop reading them. You just have to read them to find out what they are about.
Luca
Oct 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Who would have known that someone was spying on the white house, OK, so maybe it was possible.
Nancy
Apr 09, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: kids
Short mystery about leaks in the White House. Features two children as detectives. Nice book for kids ; especially girls.
Camryn
Feb 18, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was pretty good. It was a little to easy though.
Ivana Maljevic
Mar 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just love the Way Kc and Marshall always
Solve problems.By them self.
Read:Just Keep On Readin
Serena
May 12, 2015
Christy
Jul 27, 2012
  • Cam Jansen and the School Play Mystery (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #21)
  • Nate the Great and Me: The Case of the Fleeing Fang (Nate The Great)
  • Stop That Hamster! (Ready, Freddy!, #12)
  • Little Giant--Big Trouble (Dragon Slayers' Academy, #19)
  • March Of The Ankylosaurus (Dinosaur Cove, #3)
  • Unicorns Don't Give Sleigh Rides (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #28)
  • Horrible Harry and the Holidaze
Full name: Wallace Ronald Roy
Most known for the children's mystery series "A-Z Mysteries" and "Calendar Mysteries"
More about Ron Roy...

Capital Mysteries (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Who Cloned the President? (Capital Mysteries #1)
  • Kidnapped at the Capital (Capital Mysteries #2)
  • The Skeleton in the Smithsonian (Capital Mysteries #3)
  • Who Broke Lincoln's Thumb? (Capital Mysteries, #5)
  • Fireworks at the FBI (Capital Mysteries #6)
  • Trouble at the Treasury (Capital Mysteries #7)
  • Mystery at the Washington Monument (Capital Mysteries #8)
  • A Thief at the National Zoo (Capital Mysteries #9)
  • The Election-Day Disaster (Capital Mysteries #10)
  • The Secret at Jefferson's Mansion (Capital Mysteries, #11)