Start by marking “The Antianxiety Food Solution: How the Foods You Eat Can Help You Calm Your Anxious Mind, Improve Your Mood, and End Cravings” as Want to Read:

It’s remarkable how much the foods we eat can impact our brain chemistry and emotions. What and when we eat can make the difference between feeling anxious and staying calm and in control. But most of us don’t realize how much our diets influence our moods, thoughts, and feelings until we make a change.

InThe Antianxiety Food Solution, you’ll find four unique antianxiety diets/>InThe
Published June 2nd 2011 by New Harbinger Publications

AnandaTashie
Oct 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fic, 2012
"A diet based on real, whole food truly does serve as the foundation for ending anxiety, providing key nutrients that are essential for the body's production of neurotransmitters and hormones."

The starting base of this book is eating a healthy, whole foods diet. The author gives four suggested options: gluten free; gluten free & dairy free; grain free & dairy free; traditional foods (think: sprouting & fermenting). Organic produce, grass-fed / pastured animal protein. For
Kate Wyer
Apr 22, 2016 rated it did not like it
While I applaud anyone who tries to approach anxiety/mental illness from the root cause, and not just treat or manage symptoms, I do not applaud 85% of the advice in this book. If you follow her advice, you'll be using medical labs that are not well respected, and not covered by insurance (most of the time). This means you'll get results that don't mean much and spend up to thousands of dollars on worthless info.

She also includes diseases that are not proven to be actual diseases-- like the pyr
Sara
Oct 08, 2017 rated it it was ok
While there are a few helpful tips on using a good diet to manage anxiety, there was very little new information in this for me. The skew of the book is overtly pessimistic and Scott's conclusions are reliant on what seems to be a handful of case studies, rather than actual science. The information is repetitive and frustrating, not even all that practical.
Mary
Apr 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction, 2013
There are many books with information about how what we consume affects our bodies. But what about our brains?

Although I approached this book already familiar with the basics of holistic healing and nutrition, the focus on food, vitamins and minerals to specifically treat mental health was fascinating. There’s nothing suggested here that anyone couldn’t easily incorporate to experiment and yield beneficial results.

Written clearly and with well cited research, the book’s m
Anna Cordova
Dec 16, 2015 rated it did not like it
Very quick read. I can summarize it very easily. If you're an anxious person, giving up gluten, dairy, sugar, caffeine, alcohol, nicotine and possibly all grains, along with taking a variety of supplements will help, and likely cure your anxiety. My perspective is that it is good to eat a healthful and whole foods diet, but very few people can maintain that amount of restriction and supplementation. I'd like to know what my RD sister in law would think of this. Two stars. I don't buy it.
Valerie Gangas
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you have anxiety, panic attacks or phobias, read this book. It's an eye opener and a complete game changer. It pushed me to re-evaluate the way I eat and to make some serious shifts in my life. FYI-sugar is the devil
Sue
Mar 12, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Helpful and thorough. Could use a bit more "science" and more practical offerings/suggestions. My diet has been positively influenced by this book and I've gained a much more mindful sense of the choices I'm making both for food and lifestyle.
Anne
Jun 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Exhaustive. The best collection of this kind of information. I learned some new things! Always a pleasure when it is not just repeat information from somewhere else.
More to come.
Jennifer Parent
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can't recommend this book enough for a step-by-step thorough process for exploring causes of anxiety. Start with how you eat, if you haven't explored this already. Her laid out elimination approach and suggestion for high quality animal protein has been recommended to me by two different naturopaths and two different book sources that work heavily with women with mental health challenges. These two women authors (the other being psychiatrist, Kelley Brogan who wrote A Mind of My Own) were stri ...more
Karen Hinds
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good mental health is facilitated by good physical health. The western diet - lots of fast food, everything from a box or a can, eating out in restaurants, animal products from Confined Feedlot Operations, GMOs and chemical everything - pretty much destroys your physical health, and your mental health will follow it down.

Amanda
Oct 05, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book was interesting, maybe a little too heavy on the scientific breakdown of things, but if a person were reading the book and planning on following one of the diets, it would be handy.
Not much of the information was new to me, having family members who follow the diets decried in the book, but it was still interesting.
However, I listened to the audio book and I have to say I almost stopped listening after chapter one, as the narrator's speech patterns made it sound as if your c
Rachel
Oct 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
I am so glad I came across this book.
It had many helpful tips on how to change my eating habits (what to add it, what to limit, and what to avoid). Of course actually implementing it will be the hard part - I'm sipping a coffee with sugar as I'm typing this review.
The part that I was the most interested in was the supplements. I have added a zinc supplement into my diet, and I've got my fingers crossed that it will help.
Trisha
May 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a good book for those suffering from anxiety, panic attacks, sleeplessness, etc. the author gives some quizzes to determine which neurotransmitter is missing in your body causing symptoms. She gives dosages as well.
Denise Henry
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a beautiful, helpful and comprehensive guide to what's ailing you. There are great questionnaires that allow you to learn about your individual needs without a hefty hospital bill. Since, ultimately, we can heal ourselves, we just need to learn how!
Alan
Oct 11, 2019 added it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: epub

The Antianxiety Food Solution presents effective natural treatments and dietary changes that can significantly reduce anxiety symptoms and improve mood. Author Trudy Scott is a certified nutritionist who successfully treated her own anxiety and founder of www.everywomanover29.com.

Ashley Owens
Nov 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an interesting read on the best diet to combat anxiety (no beer?!?), including recommended vitamins and other supplements.
Varina Denman
Oct 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
It continues to surprise me how food makes a difference in health. Enjoyed this book and learned several new things too. Probably should read it again later because there's so much good info here.
JessicaB-W
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book has a lot of good ideas and information on how to lower anxiety through natural remedies and food.
Natasha
Jan 23, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: health
Easy to read,follow and use.I have taken ideas from this book and started using them in own my life.
May
Oct 05, 2018 rated it liked it
I wish less of the book had focused on supplements, but overall there was a good deal of material that can help guide my food choices.
Juanita Johnson
Oct 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I couldn't find resources for pyroluria but the dietary analysis seems accurate for anyone to use.
Rocky
Feb 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is a book I picked up to read with no real expectation. Wow! What a great book packed with tons of information on taking care of yourself. This is not another diet book. It is a book that addresses digestion issues, food sensitivities, nutrients, hormones, toxins, medications, and lifestyle choices.

At one time in my life I did suffer from severe anxiety. Anything I can do to prevent that from happening again is a priority for me.

Trudy Scott puts together a very user-friendly fo
Karen
May 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This is a quick easy read, with lots of quick check mark quizzes you can take to check in with what your body is trying to tell you. Anxiety manifests in several ways from phob
Sasha Boersma
Jul 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
BRILLIANT. I wish I'd read it years ago, but 80% of what it recommends I've been implementing on my own over the past 2 years. Anyone suffering through intense anxiety or any similar conditions might want to consider checking this one out. It discusses proper eating, with consideration of additional supplements. The eating I've been putting in place, but the recommended supplements I've yet to try out. Highly recommend checking out this book, it helps me feel a little less neurotic with what I k ...more
L
Dec 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: health, 2016, nutrition
I've been reading as many holistic/nutrition-focused anxiety/mood disorder books I can and I still have several to go, but this one was probably the BEST for a normal person that just wants practical steps and advice on what to eat and what supplements they would need to take to reduce or relieve anxiety. Short, informative, and to the point. Trudy Scott is a student of Julia Ross, who wrote "The Mood Cure", my favorite book on nutritional therapy for mood disorders.
Angela
Jul 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-reads
I am SO glad that someone took on this topic. I've always wondered what foods I could eat to reduce my anxiety. I've been struggling for years. This book gives me hope and practical information I can use right away. The only thing I wish this boom had was a grocery list or some way to clearly see what foods are needed for certain imbalances. I took notes though and hope they will help me to plan what I eat!
Josh
Aug 24, 2014 rated it liked it
Pretty clear. My take-away message: Eat more real food.

Unsure how this book lead me to day dream about a 'white foods' party. But it would have all the approved white foods: egg whites, fish, cauliflower, etc.
Laurie
Jan 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
A lot of information...basically eat organic , grass fed meat and take appropriate supplements..the self quizzes are helpful
Hilary Fournier
Dec 20, 2013 rated it liked it
I liked the book. It was easy to read, but not much new information for me, personally.
Debra Brunk
Dec 23, 2014 rated it liked it
An interesting book; however, I struggled a bit with the book's organization. The author references her mentor a lot - I found myself wondering why I was reading her book rather than her mentor's.

• Meals That Heal Inflammation: Embrace Healthy Living and Eliminate Pain, One Meal at a Time
  • Encyclopedia of Healing Foods
  • The Immune System Recovery Plan: A Doctor's 4-Step Program to Treat Autoimmune Disease
  • The Clear Skin Diet
  • The New Becoming Vegetarian: The Essential Guide to a Healthy Vegetarian Diet
  • Potatoes Not Prozac
  • Anxiety-Free Kids: An Interactive Guide for Parents and Children
  • The Wahls Protocol: How I Beat Progressive MS Using Paleo Principles and Functional Medicine
  • Gut and Psychology Syndrome: Natural Treatment for Autism, ADD/ADHD, Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, Depression, Schizophrenia
  • The New Whole Foods Encyclopedia: A Comprehensive Resource for Healthy Eating
  • Digestive Wellness: How to Strengthen the Immune System and Prevent Disease Through Healthy Digestion
  • The Anti-Inflammation Cookbook: The Delicious Way to Reduce Inflammation and Stay Healthy (Anti-Inflammatory Diet Cookbook, Keto Cookbook, Celiac Cookbook, Whole30 Cookbook, Keto Diet Books)
  • Thought and Feelings: Taking Control of Your Moods and Your Life
  • Food Rules: A Doctor's Guide to Healthy Eating
  • Freeing Yourself from Anxiety: 4 Simple Steps to Overcome Worry and Create the Life You Want
  • Primal Fat Burner: How a Ketogenic Paleo Diet Can Make You Think, Slow the Aging Process, Super-Power Your Brain, and Even Save Your Life
  • Adrenal Fatigue: The 21st Century Stress Syndrome