Start by marking “Consider Lily: A Novel” as Want to Read:
Consider Lily: A Novel

Consider Lily: A Novel

3.48  ·  Rating details ·  389 Ratings  ·  39 Reviews
A tale of love, trials, and faith set against a wonderfully drawn portrait of San Francisco, Consider Lily is chick lit with a heart.
Lily Traywick thinks she must have been adopted. It’s easier than believing she’s actually related to Jane and Roland Traywick, her power-couple parents who own Traywick’s of San Francisco, the most chichi department store on the West Coast.
Published December 18th 2007 by Broadway (first published June 6th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Consider Lily, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Consider Lily

Celestial
I don't really know what to say about this book. It was actually a pretty normal book and I lot of people may like it, but I found it dull. To me the story was boring, but I can tell some people might very much like this.
I think I was in a reading slump of having just read a very good book, so that explains why I wasn't interested by this book. Once you read a great book every book that isn't just as good as the book you just read if not better suddenly doesn't seem good at all. Is this just me
Joyanne
Jan 18, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Consider Lily does a great job of expressing Christian morals without being overly churchy, which I really appreciate. I actually am able to relate to the main character in the novel and find myself nodding several times throughout the book, and I continue to do that every time I reread it. This book teaches a lesson in staying true to yourself while being open to changing cirumstances around you, and changing any perceptions you might have about certain people, a lesson we can all benefit from. ...more
Sep 20, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
After reading Emily Ever After, I was so afraid that I wasn't going to like Consider Lily. I LOVED this book.

I felt the characters were well developed, and the story line was cute...even if Lily was a little naive. I loved the quirky characters in the singles group. I loved that they made me feel for Lily...the poor little rich girl. Very cute and easy read.
Allyn Reid
Feb 12, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
True to my pattern of liking light-hearted books, I enjoyed this one immensely. Its a late-bloomer's coming of age story. I liked that it was someone in their twenties. I really identified with one of her "crazy girlfriend" and best friend scenarios and had me cracking up. A must-read girls!
Melissa
Um, was interesting but finished soft. I didn't get her having to apologize to everyone and make reparations when she was telling the truth. i did like the relationship that evolved with lilly and her mom.
Louise
Feb 15, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: light-reading
I am liking these good girl chick-lit reads but I liked The Book of Jane more than this one. I am trying Emily Ever After next.
Lanette
Jul 02, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a sweet book. I loved the love story. It was clean, moral and a fun story to follow. I really liked it!
Karina
Oct 09, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dan's good friend's wife wrote this book... it's a very humorous Christian chic-lit book!
Princess
Oct 24, 2007 added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: any lady that loves great Christian "Chic-Lit"
Wonderful book about womanhood, maturity, friendships and trusting God in ALL things!
Cindi
Jul 01, 2011 rated it liked it
Consider Lily by Anne Dayton and May Vanderbilt is set in beautiful San Francisco. Readers will recognize landmarks such as Fisherman's Wharf, Union Square, and Russian Hill. Readers will also recognize the description of the main character's family department store, the chi-chi Traywick's. The authors could easily be describing Saks Fifth Avenue or Bloomingdale's.

Lily Traywick is the only child of Joan and Roland Traywick, and while she works in the department store they own, she doesn't really
Chev E
Mar 25, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Consider Lily was one of the worst books I have read in a long time. It was so bad that I actually stopped in the middle. I found the plot slow and the characters insufferable. I thought Lily complained too much and either gave too much or too little credit to her family and friends. She'll go on and on about how someone is amazing and then go on and on some more about how another character is terrible and boring and blah blah blah. It drove me up the wall that Lily, whose parents own a departme ...more
Lisa O'neal
Jun 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I began this book I never thought I would end up giving it 5 stars. It is Christian chick-lit, but didn't force the churchy stuff. It was just a woman's personal experience dealing with faith, dating, career, and friendships. I thought the characters were extremely well developed , even the minor ones. I might explore other books by these authors (there are 2). Funny, engaging read!
Cathy Daniel
I really enjoy the writing and humor at times. I did not enjoy how Lily was treated at times by her family and friends. I thought the guy was an unstable jerk. And Lily was made out to be a weirdo for not wanting her boyfriend to essentially date some other chick! She was right and he never did acknowledge or really apologize for it. Just "lily needs to be more trusting". Eh. Not my favorite.
Laura Ellison
Aug 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very realistic view of a single, upper twenties, Christian experience in terms of dating and dealing with the special characters involved in a church single's group. Witty and humorous, real life issues are dealt with realistically and for that I really enjoyed the book. The ending was a little too wrapped up and rushed but overall, I enjoyed the book a lot.
Gabrielle Louise
Jul 27, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this Christian-Fiction book. It has all of the romance of any YA fiction, but it appeals to those who are active in the Christian community. Not EVERY teen book has to be about sex in order to be good!
Cindi
Jun 28, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good story, liked the characters for the most part. Didn't particularly like some of the actions by the main charcters. A full review can be read in my column for Examiner.com. http://tinyurl.com/24vnw3n
Tanya
Sep 03, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
This book was okay. I think I've read it before, so maybe that took away from the story, but I just couldn't get into it. I just felt like there wasn't anything pushing me to turn the next page.
Stefanie
May 08, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I considered it... just okay.
Carrie
Feb 07, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chicklit
Almost...but not quite. I had my doubts in the beginning, almost got convinced it was ok in the middle...and they lost me by the end.
Holly
May 18, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was pretty good. A book about liking yourself inside and out. A little romance tossed in too :)
April
Aug 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a great book. I felt every emotion that Lily felt. I guess I felt that I could relate to her and some of her situations. She's a very likeable character.
Donna
Sep 10, 2007 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: forfun
Like many sequels, not as original or as inspired as the first one...
Sep 12, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2.5 stars--Lily trying to escape her mousy image and find a boyfriend. Nothing really memorable.
Tabitha
Feb 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
easy read and kept me entertained. i like that it is a character with morals and open about church.
Mirah W
Jul 22, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Cute book about the choices a girl makes when she feels she doesn't fit into her own family. It's what I would label as Christian chick lit. Also liked Emily Ever After by same author.
Carly
Apr 27, 2007 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Christian lovers of chick lit
Please don't get me started on what a disappointment this book was.
Tara
Sep 06, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Entertaining and fun!
Linnea Otterstedt
Feb 27, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this story! Loved it in San Fran setting!
Caitlin
Jul 21, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute Christian chick lit that was memorable, fun, and entertaining. Beach read!
Amanda
Oct 22, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was good mental bubble gum, but not an amazing story.
  • Calm, Cool & Adjusted (Spa Girls, #3)
  • Too Good To Be True
  • Perfecting Kate
  • A Delirious Summer
  • Rematch (Lauren Holbrook, #2)
  • Kissing Adrien
  • Dream a Little Dream (Mule Hollow, #4)
  • Fair Game

• Where We Fall
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Over the Plain Houses
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Deep Harbor (Northern Lights, #2)
  • Mustard Seed
  • The Lace Makers of Glenmara
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Speak Easy, Speak Love
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Quaker Café (Quaker Café #1)
  • Coffee Will Make You Black: A Novel
  • On Turpentine Lane
    $14.99 $2.99
  • The Whiskey Rebels
    $12.99 $1.99
  • The Honest Spy
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone Crazy in Alabama (Ala Notable Children's Books. Middle Readers)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • We Are All Made of Stars
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons
  • Mercer Girls
    $4.99 $1.99
  • While the World Is Still Asleep (The Century Trilogy Book 1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Unfinished Work of Elizabeth D.: A Novel
  • 600 Hours of Edward
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Daughters of Palatine Hill
    $4.99 $1.99

“The first time is always the hardest...getting your heartbroken. The first time–it's always coming from outer space. You never see it coming, but it will be easier next time.” 1 likes
“I make a mental note to befriend some boring people.” 0 likes