Start by marking “Sands of Time” as Want to Read:
Sands of Time

Sands of Time (Mission: Russia #2)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  303 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
An inexplicable ailment was striking down the children of Russia; in less than forty-eight hours, American medical missionary Sarai Curtiss had watched two young patients slip away, and she feared she might have an epidemic on her hands. Yet how could she help anyone in the middle of a violent coup? The new leadership had demanded all foreigners leave the state--on pain of ...more
Published October 1st 2006 by Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense

To ask other readers questions about Sands of Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sands of Time

Monica
This was a fast paced book with interesting twists and turns in it. The one problem I had with the book was the main character's reasoning behind doing the things she did or even her thought process sometimes (You must not be that into God because you aren't doing what I'm doing). I understand it is part of her personality, but it was annoying. Plus she held onto her mindset for 13 years and then changes in one little afternoon, just in time to save the guy, how convenient.
Melanie
Jul 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoy books by this author. This was not my favorite that she has written. Sarai drove me crazy but I loved Roman. When reading a story I really need to like the characters. Sarai was difficult to like and many times I wondered why a guy like Roman even bothered. I did enjoy the ending and how the author wraped everthing up and tied it all together.
Dianne Sidebottom
This book follows on from In Sheep's Clothing with the same characters of law enforcement. Roman who was trying to lead Viktor to Jesus this his story with Sarai, David's missionary sister out in a village. Roman n Sarai met 13 years before hand during summer but Sarai returned to America believing Roman wasn't being lead by God. She has to learn that God had wanted Roman to be like David a warrior not a preacher/healer. One Russian man had planned through years to return his part of Russia how ...more
Michelle
Jul 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was exciting and filled with adventure set in Russia. Missionary doctor Sarai Curtiss and FSB captain Roman Nokiv meet again when Roman is given the task of making sure his former love Sarai gets out of Russia before she is imprisoned! With her stubborn refusal to leave, she finds herself mixed up in a plot much greater than she or Roman had imagined. With their faith in God, Roman and Sarai must work together and solve the mystery to save lives. Along the way, they discover, understan ...more
Marylin
Mar 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-reviewed
Full of Action, Intrigue and Clean Romance

Wow!
This book was full of action and suspense. It kept me on the edge of my seat and up late at night! I loved the words pictures the author used. She made it seem as if you were right there with the characters. Many times my heart would stop and I'd find myself holding my breathe. I also LOVED how the author brings in the true Gospel message. She doesn't shy away but presents it in such a tender way.
Paul Goble
Missionary and Russian FSB agent renew old love while defeating criminals. An interesting read with good suspense.

The editing could have been better--I noticed at least a dozen spots where words were missing, including in a key quotation on the last page! And this is in the printed edition, so it's not excusable as the typical Kindle conversion glitch.
Lonnie
Feb 15, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: suspense
I liked it...a clean, yet action-packed, thriller. Now I just need to back track and find the first book!
Melissa
Sep 12, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2.5 stars Russian missionary and police officer trying to stay alive. Fast paced.
Lisa
Wasn't as good as the others in this series. I like the Russian setting though.
Rachelle Sperling
I really loved the first book in this series but I was disappointed by this one. There seemed much more romance than plot. A good read but not nearly as good as "In Sheep's Clothing".
Mary Fitch
Jul 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!

Another great story! I gauge a book on if it will make me cry! This story did! Kept me on the edge of my seat!
Ria
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series sends you to your knees...

There's something about strong characters whose weaknesses illuminate your own. Sarai & Roman are both on G-d's path for their lives, laying down their lives and picking up their individual crosses..
Aren't they?

The story was a real eye opener that readers might need a bible, a journal, a couple boxes of tissue and an entire weekend retreat to process completely!
Katie Williams
I really wanted to give the heroine a good shake. so stubborn with very backwards thinking and also to full of pride
Marylin
Cheryl
Jan 12, 2013
Hannah Miracle
Jan 15, 2015
  • Injustice For All (Justice Seekers, #1)
  • Nadia (Heirs of Anton, #2)
  • Sworn to Protect (Call of Duty, #2)
  • The Innocent Witness (Protection Specialists, #1)
  • Undercover Bodyguard (Heroes for Hire, #6)
  • Reluctant Burglar (To Catch a Thief #1)
  • Lethal Legacy (Guardians of Justice, #3)
  • Protecting Her Own (Guardians, Inc., #2)
  • Firethorn (Discarded Heroes, #4)
  • Falls Like Lightning
  • Turnabout's Fair Play (The Matchmakers, #3)
  • Don't Look Back (Women of Justice, #2)
  • Captive Heart (Trade Winds #1)
  • Princess in Peril (Reclaiming The Crown, #1)
  • A Wedding Invitation (Heart of Carolina #4)
  • Double Identity
I can't help be amazed at the gifts God has delighted me with - a wonderful husband, four amazing children, and the opportunity to write for Him.

I've been writing as long as I can remember - I won my first book writing contest in first grade! Over the years, writing has become, for me, a way to praise God and see Him at work in my life.

Although I have a degree in Mass Communications from the Unive
More about Susan May Warren...

Mission: Russia (3 books)
  • In Sheep's Clothing (Mission: Russia, #1)
  • Wiser Than Serpents (Mission: Russia, #3)

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• Lost and Found (Rock Harbor Search and Rescue #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Light Before Day
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Hold Still (Jocelyn Rush, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Still Waters (Sandhamn, #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Into the Light (The Light, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Burning Man (Gideon and Sirius, #1)
  • Disturbed
  • Cold Black Earth
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Drowned Girls (Angie Pallorino, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Guardians of the Night (Gideon and Sirius, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Man With the Golden Gun (James Bond, #13)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Beyond Belief (Emily Castles Mysteries)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • A Reason to Live (A Marty Singer Mystery Book 1)
  • The Memory Child
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Finding Emma (Finding Emma Series Book 1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Lion, the Lamb, the Hunted
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Lucky Ones
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Red Gold (Night Soldiers, #5)
  • A Small Indiscretion
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Allegedly
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Octopussy and the Living Daylights (James Bond, #14)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Bones (Red Princess, #3)
    $12.99 $1.99
  • Flee (Codename: Chandler #1)
  • The Snow Garden
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hallowed Bones (Sarah Booth Delaney #5)
    $7.99 $0.99
  • While the Savage Sleeps
  • The Technologists
  • A Density of Souls
  • Plea of Insanity
    $5.99 $0.99
  • Away from the Dark (The Light, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Missing, Presumed (DS Manon, #1)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Terms of Use
  • Emma's Secret
  • She's Not There
  • Heart Collector
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Room with a Clue (Pennyfoot Hotel #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Cold Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers, #3)
    $6.49 $2.00