Start by marking “Motherpeace: A Way to the Goddess Through Myth, Art, and Tarot” as Want to Read:
Motherpeace: A Way to the Goddess Through Myth, Art, and Tarot

Motherpeace: A Way to the Goddess Through Myth, Art, and Tarot

4.23  ·  Rating details ·  209 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
For over a decade, Motherpeace has been an inspiration and oracle for women all over the world. Motherpeace recovers the positive, nurturing peace-oriented values of prepatriarchal times, and brilliantly combines art, history, mythology, folklore, philosophy, and comparative religion with an informed spiritual and feminist perspective.

Vicki Noble challenges us to celebrate
Published September 17th 1994 by HarperOne (first published 1984)

To ask other readers questions about Motherpeace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Motherpeace

Kathleen
Mar 27, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Kathleen by: Therese Brummell
My friend Therese showed me how to use this book and cards and they have been good friends ever since.
Katy
Jan 13, 2009 added it
Shelves: tarot
Note this isbn does not include the deck.
Marie
Sep 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A great book with excellent insight to the matriarch and tarot. Can't wait to get atarted.
M. Jane Colette
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I recently revisited this book--I think almost 20 years after the first time I read it!--and I still found it incredibly profound. I'm a much different person now, really--I first read it as an angsting teenager desperately searching for non-religious spiritual guidance... preferably mixed in with a dose of feminism and Goddess-affirmation, of course--and I found that in Motherpeace. I am much more cynical and critical now... and I think I could easily give this book, now, a very critical "it fa ...more
Elaine
Mar 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
On first reading, I read only the Tarot sections and references. That reading took me a long way toward healing and awareness. I'm not sure when the first reading was. I guess around 1988. Until 2008, I used the round Motherpeace deck for guidance.* Now (2015) I am rereading this book to learn more about the sacred feminine and to connect more deeply to the earth oracle.

This book is deeply researched and there are constant references to valid, solid results. The author draws cogent conclusions
Jean
May 14, 2011 rated it really liked it
This is a Feminist tarot deck and book created in the 1970s by Vikki Noble and Karen Vogel. It has the distinction of being the first round tarot deck, so instead of reading the cards just upright and reversed, you also have to consider if they are tilted to the right or left! I reviewed the Court Cards on Hubpages.com, and it was one of my most popular and well read articles. So I decided to continue onward with the four suits, coins, swords, wands and cups, and then the Major Arcana cards. It ...more
Jan
I've been using some of the Nobel/Vogel Tarot card meanings and really starting to appreciate the beautiful, clear passages specifically dealing with the Tarot Major Arcana. This is a book that I'd like to add to my bookshelf eventually.
Yvonne
A good friend of mine, introduced me to this book. I also have the tarot cards that go along with this book. Profound, empowering, enlightening and well worth being in my collection.
Teleri
Feb 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: tarot
I loved this deck. So goddess oriented. Another of the many things I wish I hadn't lost in storage.
Sofia Girardello
Jan 06, 2009
Kay Roussel
Aug 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Grandmother Moon: Lunar Magic in Our Lives--Spells, Rituals, Goddesses, Legends, and Emotions Unde
  • Tarot for Your Self: A Workbook for Personal Transformation
  • Osho Zen Tarot
  • The Goddess Companion: Daily Meditations on the Feminine Spirit
  • The Qabalistic Tarot: A Textbook of Mystical Philosophy
  • Learning the Tarot: A Tarot Book for Beginners
  • Walking to Mercury (Maya Greenwood, #2)
  • The Crone: Woman of Age, Wisdom, and Power
  • Red Hot and Holy: A Heretic's Love Story
  • National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Wildflowers: Western Region
  • Ostara: Customs, Spells & Rituals for the Rites of Spring
  • Yule: A Celebration of Light & Warmth
  • The Treehorn Trilogy: The Shrinking of Treehorn, Treehorn's Treasure, and Treehorn's Wish
  • National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Birds: Western Region (National Audubon Society Field Guide)