Start by marking “The Adventures of Whatley Tupper” as Want to Read:
The Adventures of Whatley Tupper

The Adventures of Whatley Tupper

Whatley Tupper is an A-grade janitor at a B-grade university about to become entwined in C-grade fiction!

Will he tame the troglodyte murderer living in the disused network of campus tunnels? Will he join forces with the Denny's night manager to counter a renegade group of custodians? Will he inadvertently travel into a parallel universe that sounds suspiciously similar to
Published by Bowness Books (first published August 20th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Adventures of Whatley Tupper, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Adventures of Whatley Tupper

Ken
If you have never read a choose your own adventure book then you're really missing out but to put it simply it is a book with decision points littered throughout the story and your choice at each decision point determines the final outcome of the book.

The Adventures of Whatley Tupper puts you in the role of Whatley, or Tups as he is known by at the university. One night he is cleaning the toilets as usual and next thing he knows, all hell breaks lose. Every decision he makes from then on has a l
Kate L
Jan 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
When I was a kid, Choose Your Own Adventure(CYOA) books were big, and my favorite brand was the Goosebumps ones by R.L. Stine because the plot lines were significantly weirder and more twisted than your average CYOA. I think that is why I ultimately enjoyed The Adventures of Whatley Tupper--because it was super weird. Honestly, at first, I didn't care for it, in fact to put it bluntly, I thought it was dumb and I just didn't get it. The first storyline I happened to pick my way through wasn't ve ...more
Al
Mar 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, read-2011
The concept is simple enough, a “choose your own adventure” book for adults. Is this great literature, the next Hemmingway, Dickens, or Fitzgerald? Of course not. Is the plot, actually any of the many potential plots, a fantastic story? No, not really – at least none that I found.

But all these questions miss the point. What Whatley Tupper aims to be is fun (it is). Funny (that too). One review I saw called it a guilty pleasure, a description I can’t argue with either. It’s strange, ridiculous,
Natalie Pietro
Aug 31, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks
Remember those Choose Your Own Adventure book when you were little and how fun they were to read. Well now I have found an adult version of the Choose Your Own Adventure book. I must say I really enjoyed this book. It took me a while to read it only because there are so many choose your own adventures to pick from. It was a very fun read and very entertaining. I loved how the stories were dark, gripping, and sexy at some parts. It really took me for a twist with every page. Each story playing of ...more
Iscah Weaver
May 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is one of the first CYOA books I found in Kindle format. It is hilarious, to put it mildly. It is littered with both subtle humor and overt jokes. Its style is comparable to that of the late Douglas Adams (of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy fame). It's an over the top fun tale for someone who wants to wind down and who likes to have the freedom of choice in a story.
Lora
Jun 19, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute. I hadn't read one of these since I was a kid. I did not get through all 37 endings yet, but I'm going to keep this loaded in my Reader for those times when I feel like reading something light.
Note: this could have used a proofreader--there is a glaring error on the first page that should make the authors cringe!
A book away from an episode of hoarders
I did enjoy this book and have chosen three different paths through the story so far.

It is quite fun but I have found a few editing issues and the storyline isn't as strong as it could be.

All in all, I enjoyed it and would recommend it to anyone who loved the Choose Your Own Adventure books growing up.

Rabid Readers Reviews
Jan 19, 2012 rated it did not like it
If you like a Choose Your Own Adventure novel, this is probably an awesome choice for you. I haven't read one since childhood and I really didn't get into this one. On the upside, it was a free book and quick to read.
Mandy
Jul 05, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: free, kindle
I went into this book knowing that it was not one of the world's greatest works of fiction. It was kind of fun to have a "choose your own adventure", but it definitely had more adult elements...overall, it was okay. I went in with low expectations and I wasn't disappointed.
Hildegart
Jan 28, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
My first path was kind of boring- my choice- and I did not die. Guess my adventures are yet to come! I downloaded this book because I was looking for a free choose your own whatever.

Update: I've done two more paths now. This book is really more for nostalgia.
Susan Kelley
Jan 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016
I used to love Choose Your Own Adventure books as a kid. Sadly, as an adult, they have lost their luster. Sure, it was fun at first. But I think I only completed two endings and I was done. It wasn't bad, but I think I simply prefer regular novels now.
Genie McFate
Sep 03, 2011 marked it as to-read
As a child, I loved Choose Your Own Adventure books, so once I get an e-
reader I plan to check this out.
Heather Cawte
Jul 18, 2011 rated it liked it
I used to love helping my son read the children's choose-your-own stuff, so I enjoyed this as a bit of a nostalgia trip.

Good brainless fun, with some really baroque twists in the various plots!
Rudolf Kerkhoven
Aug 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
It's a choose your own adventure book for the Kindle. I wrote this book. I can't really review it, can I?
Courtney
Jul 16, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: disappointing
It didn't feel right to review this book until I explored all the endings. Having done so I can say it was an interesting little time suck.
Daniel Kasinger
Jan 15, 2014 rated it liked it
A simple book with a simple premise, if you enjoyed, or still enjoy, choose your own adventure books, this is a book for you.

My only issue is the abruptness of some of the ends.
Audra
Oct 01, 2011 rated it it was ok
I only went through one of the possibilities. I did enjoy it, reminds me of pick your adventure books when I was younger.
Kristján