Start by marking “Amazing Crayon Drawing with Lee Hammond: Create Lifelike Portraits, Pets, Landscapes and More” as Want to Read:

Young at art

Combine the familiar charm of crayons with "grown-up" art techniques for surprisingly realistic results!

Your old childhood coloring friends are all grown up! In this unique book, best-selling artist Lee Hammond proves that crayons are not just for kids anymore but can hold their own as a "serious" (if unexpected) art medium. Use Hammond's easy methods to create
Published March 5th 2011 by North Light Books (first published December 29th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Amazing Crayon Drawing with Lee Hammond, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Amazing Crayon Drawing with Lee Hammond

Start your review of Amazing Crayon Drawing with Lee Hammond: Create Lifelike Portraits, Pets, Landscapes and More
Mart Ramirez
Mar 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Amazing Crayon Drawing with Lee Hammond is truly amazing! I was in complete awe studying every illustration in this book. Lee Hammond is extraordinary talented yet humble enough to share her techniques and what works best for her.

In this book best-selling author Lee Hammond demonstrates how to create realistic drawings using wax crayons. Magnificent drawings I might add. With Hammond's easy step-by-step drawing guide, you will learn how to create lifelike landscapes, animals, people, flowers and
Mar 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Useful Resource

I didn't always enjoy the author's insistence that drawings should be done from real objects and be hyper-realistic, but there were some useful tips here and pretty thorough coverage of the topic.
Camille
May 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Amazing Crayon Drawing by Lee Hammond

I received a copy of this book from FSB Media in exchange for a review. I am under no obligation to write a positive review, just an honest one.

Amazing Crayon Drawing is a beautiful guide to artwork created with crayons. I requested the chance to review this book because as a child I vividly remember spending so much time coloring with my Nana (mom's mom), and the idea of this made me nostalgic.

While I may be artistic in some senses (I am a ballerina and I
Wendy Hines
Jun 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I'm sure we all remember our coloring books and crayons. We used to see who could stay in the lines. See the cover of this book? That is all done with crayons. Absolutely amazing!!

Lee Hammond shows the reader how to create lifelike portraits, pets, landscapes, metal and more. This book is actually really educational. The difference between laying that crayon (using it like a colored pencil) and burnishing is discussed as well as the difference it makes with your art.

The paper you use also makes
Haley Mathiot
Mar 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
Amazing Crayon Drawing was truly amazing. Remember how Awesome used to be a word to describe something that was truly "Awe-some?" well, it's Awesome.

Looking at the drawings were really inspiring and amazing. When I think of crayons, I think of cheap kids art supplies. My family business is retail art supplies and art classes for kids ages 4-12, and we don't have your typical Crayola crayons. We have the fancy pastels and the high-quality pencils and stuff. But Hammond uses Crayola, something I
Mary
Mar 31, 2011 rated it really liked it
Amazing is an understatement of what this book can teach you. I had serious doubts that anyone could reproduce the art work that this book contains and especially with plain old crayons! The book guides you through color, paper selection and ideas. I think the most important thing I learned from this is that you have to choose the correct paper. Don't skimp when it comes to paper since that made all of the difference in the world.

There is an easy to follow step by step guide to grid your paper
Sara
Aug 03, 2011 rated it really liked it
Thoroughly enjoyed trying out these drawings--some of mine turned out pretty good!
Yoori
Oct 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Amazing and useful book to improve my painting skill!
Mona Abbas
Oct 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
First time using crayons since childhood....and it gave me a new perspective to the beauty of using crayons...
jessica
Jul 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
great artist i love this book. good tips about using crayons.
Ember
Stacey Tolli
Jul 12, 2014
Lexington
Apr 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I thought this was really helpful. Ultimately, you realize that using crayons to draw fine art is hard work, but the step by step instructions have filled in some of the holes and mistakes that I was making. I bought the ebook for $11.99 which is a little expensive, but if you are drawing an animal, portrait, or still life, it's helpful to see how to think about the subject and what you can do with a few crayon colors.

Just an FYI, I bought this book because I don't like painting with water for
Carmen B
Apr 06, 2012
Karen
Jul 23, 2012
Lee Hammond is known as “The Queen of Art”, by her publisher, North Light Books! She is a prolific writer and artist, in a variety of themes. With more than 40 years’ experience, she is the true pro when it comes to art instruction, illustration, and forensic art.

POLLY “LEE” HAMMOND
Lee Hammond is an author, illustrator and art instructor from the Kansas City area, who now resides in Naples,