Start by marking “True Blood Collection (Sookie Stackhouse #1-9 and A Touch of Dead)” as Want to Read:
True Blood Collection (Sookie Stackhouse #1-9 and A Touch of Dead)

True Blood Collection

(Sookie Stackhouse #1-9, & A Touch of Dead)

Sookie Stackhouse is a cocktail waitress in a little bar in Bon Temps, a small town deep in Louisiana. She's funny and pretty and well-mannered, but she doesn't have that many close friends - mind you, that's not so surprising when you consider how few people can appreciate her abilities as a mind-reader. It's not a quality that has the guys beating down her door - well, u ...more
Paperback
Published October 28th 2010 by Gollancz (first published October 1st 2010)

Nycole
May 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
I have been an avid fan of the Sookie Stachouse books from the start of the tv show True Boold on HBO and I was hooked. In the start the books were even better than the show. And from then on come May I knew to expect the next book in the series. All together I love the series and will remain a fan. I have recommend and loaned the books out a few times. That being said these last books have left me unsatisfied. There is a reason that book 4 (Dead to the World) is the most popular of the series. ...more
Amy Patrick-Wojahn
Just finished all the Sookie Stackhouse mysteries in a little over a week. There are 11 books as of 1/12 and another is coming out on 5/12. These are hopelessly addictive, light reading. If you like supernatural detective novels with a touch of romance novel thrown in, you'll like them immensely. Really fun read, lots of plot twists and intrigue. If you are watching the HBO series True Blood, do not worry... it's based on some of the same characters and has a similar thread running through them, ...more
Amy
Apr 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
I have read all of these books they are amazing. I really got caught on this series and deff. prefer the books over the show series tru blood but that is also good. I really recommend that everyone if they love vampires with drama, kick ass attitudes and love read these books!
Kiara Sweeney
Sep 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERY1
This series is fantastic everyone should read it! This series has been going on forever! and Charlaine Harris is still Bringing new trueblood books out its amazing they'r getting better and better!!!
Sheena K
Jun 16, 2013 rated it it was ok
I tore through the first 8 books within a week. It was enjoyable at first, especially since I was recovering from the horror that is the later part of the Anita Blake series. However, my newly found conviction in urban fantasy was once again shattered by the time I finished book 8. Harris' writing is not, truth be told, sophisticated , but the riveting plot (and romance!) of the first few novels made up for it. It all goes downhill after that, though. Sookie, the protagonist, became increasingly ...more
Patricia Joyce
Jun 23, 2012 rated it liked it
When I started reading this series, I was quickly drawn in by the humour and the quirky characters. I absolutely loved the books. Then they started to become tedious, the character of sookie becoming dumber by the novel, eric totally changed and the books were generally going nowhere, I stuck with them though. I was really disappointed with the last book, I feel that charlaine harris just couldn`t be bothered anymore and I wonder if she even wrote the book or had someone else do it for her. It l ...more
Agnes
Jan 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing
my fav books....must read all 11 of them:)))
Ashley
Sep 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Contrary to the title, this is a review of the entire series. All 13 books. This review focuses on the series a whole rather than delve into the details of each book.

Before starting this reading adventure, I did have two reservations: I’m a fan of True Blood and not a fan of first-person narrative. On the first reason, I didn’t want the books to ‘spoil’ True Blood for me. I thought that the HBO series closely followed the books. Wrong. On the second point, I just don’t like first-person. Never h
Rylie
Jul 11, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've read all the way up through number 12 in this series; waiting for number 13. I sped through these; they were a rather entertaining read. sooky got herself in to quite a few romantic situations, but I'm glad it wasn't an absolute theme of the series. What I thoroughly enjoyed was the delve in to the supernatural world. Not just vampires, but weres, fairies, witches, and each had its own world and culture. Definitely looking forward to book 13; 12 was left on such a cliff-hanger!
Amal Yaqoub
Apr 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed it really,, loved the characters. Lived the dark world through veins. But i didnt like when sookie turned to be descendant to fairies, i didnt like the last twist in last two books but still enjoyed the whole series. Do not watch the tv show though its way faar different and disappointing, the actress who played sookie davastated the image that was built in my mind and destroyed the series for me really. My advice is to not watch it. Read the books instead.
Shaeri
Jul 09, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
Loved the series, though the latest books are not as fun as the few earlier ones. An honest break from teenage vampire love sagas, Sookie Staxkhouse is an inspiring heroine: funny, independent , enterprising & tough!! Just what a woman should be. The vampires are old experienced , politically ambitious with their own way to show love. Thankfully this is not an erotica in name of vampires. Would strongly recommend for vampire fans who are dead tired of twilight and likes!! Give it a read
Larissa Darville
Apr 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: supernatural
Ate them up! Easy read and entertaining. I started reading them after I saw the first season of True Blood and I wanted to know what was going to happen next. Hooked on the books, the tv show became a disappointment after reading the books. They were truly addicting. Can't wait for Sookie's final chapter which is coming out soon.
Hugh
Jul 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Fun like bubble gum.

It's Nancy Drew with a rocking bod and mental telepathy. Bottom line is the author keeps the stories interesting, moves lots of characters in and out of the books, and avoids any hint of attempting to have any socially redeeming value.

Buy one and take it to the nearest beach.
Leonie Byrne
Jan 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
Being a big fan of the true blood tv show I definitely had to get the books and I was far from disappointed they make for delicious reading with likeable even fanciable characters lots of fun, exciting and gripping story lines just plain yummy!
Kelinda Broomfield
Sep 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
These are great books and I think they are a lot better then the tv series. The only thing I have a bit of a problem with is that the main Character complain a lot. My favorite book out of these is book 4. Erik is around more and he is my favorite vamp.
Sean
Jun 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I have been a fan of this book series before the HBO interpretation… And mind you, this collection of stories definitely enhances you if you have not read any of the books but makes you want even more of them if you have. :-)
G.M. Fisk
May 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Sookie Stackhouse is an easy character with whom to familiarise. Her strength and constant presence of mind-although demotic- even in the face of vampiric problems remains to be the unflinching pull at the center of these steamy chronicles.
Shari
Jun 28, 2014 rated it did not like it
Complete trash. The DVD series is fun... The books are like reading the baby sitters club again.
Tami
May 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love these books. The humor in them is an added bonus. Great escape reading.
Amanda
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this series, it really has a little bit of everything! It has romance, action, thriller and of course, Vampires!
I read all the books and watched the show but I have to say the books are way better. It has details that aren't in the show and the show doesn't follow Sookie all the way. The books are purely in sookie's point of view and the characters are different than they are on the show.
Mell
The first few books are amazing. Writing and plot within later books in the series deteriorate rapidly. Harris actually tries to change the events in earlier books by having characters suddenly "remember" things differently in subsequent books. (Eye roll.) Dead as a Doornail remains my favorite novel in the series. Harris has a knack for creating colorful characters.
Veranthoni
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I don't know if it was her manner of describing the scenes that intrigued me or the gruesomeness of the scenes itself but Is loved this series. The show did not do the books . I was in love with Eric as a whole and loved Sookie's spirit or just her rebellious nature but I could relate to her. Not gonna give away spoilers but every book was action packed.
Jennifer Layne
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I originally found out about this book series by watching the HBO Series True Blood ...

That said ... The books ARE WAY BETTER! I actually had to stop watching the show because they strayed so far from the well written books.

Loved it! The Books are WAY better than the Show True Blood! Each book gets better and better!

On to the Next!
Rachel Russell
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I first discovered this series after I had watched the HBO series True Blood and when I found out it was based on a book series, that alone had me wanting to read. The whole series was phenomenal and a great way to get my vampire fix. An epic series!
Alsha Khan
Jun 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
These books are super entertaining, comical, quick reads. They aren't meant to be deep or multilayered, so don't expect them to be. They're just fun mystery novels that you can crack out for a quick read. Some of them are quite different than the show, but I still really enjoyed them.
Tricia Mills
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
EXCELLENTE série!!!!!
Anrika Flatman
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved all the books!! Accidentally missed one but caught up and went back and could still follow the story! Better than the TV series
Y.M.R.
Oct 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
I read all True Blood books and I liked them a lot.

The TV series was great as well (especially the beginning but it deviated too much from the books in the end).

Angela Cuddy
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Never wanted the series to end!!
Best Teen Books: I found very affordable ebooks on Instagram! 2 69 Sep 12, 2013 09:18PM
  • Winter's Wrath: Sacrifice  (Winter's Saga, #3)
  • Blue Bloods 3-Book Boxed Set (Blue Bloods, #1-3)
  • Novels by Charlaine Harris: Living Dead in Dallas, Dead to the World, Definitely Dead, Club Dead, Dead Until Dark, Dead as a Doornail
  • Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter Collection 1-4 (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #1-4)
  • Revenge of the Taken (Humble Walker, #1)
  • Abduction (A Shefford-Johnson Case, #1)
  • Black Dagger Brotherhood: Boxed Set #1-6
  • The Immortals Boxed Set (The Immortals, #1-3)
  • The Morganville Vampires, #1-9
  • Marked / Betrayed / Chosen / Untamed / Tempted / Burned (House of Night #1-4, 6-7)
  • Dark Nights Dangerous Men
  • Edge of Shadows (Shadow Ops, #3)
  • True Blood: All Together Now (True Blood Comics, #1)
  • One Snowy Knight (The Dragons of Challon, #3)
  • The Complete Vampire Chronicles (Vampire Chronicles, #1-#4)
  • Fate/stay night, Volume 3
  • Gator Aide (Rachel Porter, #1)
  • Seeking Vengeance
Charlaine Harris has been a published novelist for over thirty-five years. A native of the Mississippi Delta, she grew up in the middle of a cotton field. Charlaine lives in Texas now, and all of her children and grandchildren are within easy driving distance.

Though her early output consisted largely of ghost stories, by the time she hit college (Rhodes, in Memphis) Charlaine was writing poetry an

Sookie Stackhouse (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse, #1)
  • Living Dead in Dallas (Sookie Stackhouse, #2)
  • Club Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #3)
  • Dead to the World (Sookie Stackhouse, #4)
  • Dead as a Doornail (Sookie Stackhouse, #5)
  • Definitely Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #6)
  • All Together Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #7)
  • From Dead to Worse (Sookie Stackhouse, #8)
  • Dead and Gone (Sookie Stackhouse, #9)
  • Dead in the Family (Sookie Stackhouse, #10)
“Loveable Isn't he? -Eric Northman” 5 likes