Start by marking “My Best, Best Friend (Charlie and Lola)” as Want to Read:
My Best, Best Friend (Charlie and Lola)

My Best, Best Friend

(Charlie & Lola)

Lola & Lotta are best friends. They do absolutely completely everything together, like eating lunch, playing in the sandpit & going in pairs. But then a new girl, Evie, arrives in their class & Lotta starts spending all her time with her, & not Lola. Everything is very different & Lola worries that Lotta is not her best friend anymore.
Published August 1st 2010 by Puffin Books

Gerry
Mar 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Here go Charlie and Lola again ... this time Lola is with her best, BEST friend Lotta with whom she is creating a spell to change her brother Charlie into a toad. Lola and Lotta do everything together and share everything, exchanging a banana for an orange at lunchtime when each doesn't want what she has and always working together as a pair in class.

When they examine things they always agree on everything, such as tadpoles turning into frogs and fish dozing in the water when they look into the
Laura Lee Denby
Oct 19, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Charlie has a little sister called Lola who is very funny. Her best friend is Lotta. Lola and Lotta do absolutely everything together as all best, best friends do. One day a new girl arrives in school, her name is Evie and the teacher asks Lotta to look after Evie. At first the three girls have lots of fun together but then Lola becomes worried that Evie is now Lotta’s best best friend and not her anymore! Charlie tells Lola not to worry and that he thinks they will be best friends again very so ...more
Leila T.
I sometimes get the feeling that these are put together too hastily from the tv show, but this one at least has lots of large illustrations that are very active and imaginative, although sometimes the text is a bit small or gets lost in the texture of the pictures.
Nicola
Jun 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
Miss 2 LOVES Charlie & Lola so this is another book read from the list. We try to order different ones from the library.

Lola and Lotta are best, best, BESTEST friends who do completely everything together. They always pair up, they look after the tadpoles in the pond, and they especially always swap lunches. But when Evie, a new girl, joins the class, suddenly it's Evie whom Lotta does everything with, even lunch swapping. Lola tells her brother Charlie that she has lost her best friend fore
AMY
Nov 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Grade 1-3
Good story about friendship when a new girl named Lotta shows up at school. Lola and Lotta help out. Then Lola gets jealous because Evie and Lotta spend lots of time together. Highly recommended Gr. 1-3.
Leah NYC
Jul 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I always enjoy Lauren Child's art, but the text is lacking for this edition. If you enjoy Lauren Child check out, "Clarice Bean, That's Me."
Trish
Dec 12, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, je
This is about Lola and her best friend Lotta.
Dana
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
What a perfect book to read with someone who might be struggling with sharing a friend and all the feelings such can bring.
Dolly
Feb 12, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
We absolutely love the Charlie and Lola series of books created by Lauren Child. The stories are fun and our girls love the characters from watching them on television.

This is a fun story about the fickleness of a child's friendships and the jealousy that occurs when a pair of friends is split up by a third person. This is a familiar situation for our girls, who have experienced changes in friendships as they grow up. It's a good story and gives me an opportunity to practice my English accent (m
Jodie
Mar 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book to use for the transition into reception especially when schools have a nursey attached as children come in with their 'best friend' from nursey. This books helps children to understand that they should include all children and be friends with everyone. A brilliant read and also handy to use if you have a new child join your class once friendship groups have been made. This book could be used in KS1 as well as reception for any friendship issues. Light hearted and helps children t ...more
Drew Graham
Nov 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids
Lola and Lotta are best best friends, but when a new girl from out of town shows up at school and Lotta is assigned to be her special friend and show her around, Lola worries her nicely balanced world will be disrupted forever.

Who can't relate to the tragedy of losing a most beloved friend? You can be friends with lots of people but some friends just have a special bond (and sometimes friends drift apart for a little while and that's okay too). This book touches on lots of ideas that can lead to
Angie
Dec 27, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture
Oh, a problem that happens ever so often. A child thinks they might have been "replaced" by their very best friend.

The only thing (SLIGHT spoiler here) is it might have been nice for them to ALL end up being friends at the end. Yes, comforting to see old friends return. But wouldn't including everyone be an even nicer message?
Nancy Jo Lambert
Mar 11, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series, friendship
Charlie and Lola are great! In this one, we meet Lotta, Lola's best friend. When Lotta has to show a new girl around school, Lola starts getting left out. Of course any girl will tell you three little girls together never works!
Valerie Midkiff
A book in the Charlie and Lola series. Charlie and Lola are brother and sister. Lola and Lotta are best friends and when they welcome the new girl, Evie, into their play, Lola begins to feel left out. However, all is well in the end!
Joan Marie
Jan 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Best friends meet someone new and now one of the original best friends is feeling left out.
Marlee
Aug 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great book. I've read it aloud many times to my children. We've enjoyed all of the Charlie and Lola books. Great, simple character, fun, and silliness.
Jennifer Rummel
Sep 09, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute!
L.
Oct 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
Fun illustrations, good vocabulary, and a story that is easy for children to follow.
Mia Mcdonald
Aug 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Still love Charlie and Lola? Read this book
Alyssa
Nov 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: edrd-314
I really love all of Lauren Child's work but especially this book. The illustrations are so very cute and the story is one which young readers can relate to.
Kristi
Jun 19, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thus is another cute book in the Charlie and Lola series.
Amanda
Jun 28, 2012
Stacey
Feb 27, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Lauren Child grew up in Wiltshire as the middle child of three sisters and the daughter of two teachers. She has always been interested in the many aspects of childhood, from gazing into toy shop windows to watching American children's shows from the 1960s. After attending two Art Schools, where Lauren admits that she did not learn much, she travelled for six months, still unsure about which caree ...more

Charlie & Lola (1 - 10 of 68 books)
  • I Will Never Not Ever Eat a Tomato
  • But Excuse Me That Is My Book
  • I Am Not Sleepy and I Will Not Go to Bed
  • I Am Too Absolutely Small for School
  • Snow Is My Favorite and My Best (Charlie and Lola)
  • My Wobbly Tooth Must Not Ever Never Fall Out
  • I've Won, No I've Won, No I've Won
  • We honestly CAN look after your dog
  • I'm really ever so not well
  • Whoops! But It Wasn't Me