Start by marking “End Procrastination Now!: Get It Done with a Proven Psychological Approach” as Want to Read:
End Procrastination Now!: Get It Done with a Proven Psychological Approach

End Procrastination Now!: Get It Done with a Proven Psychological Approach

3.23  ·  Rating details ·  43 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Never miss another deadline!
A proven method that defeats procrastination forever by conquering emotions, not time management
Procrastination is a serious and costly problem. And time management isn't the solution. Author William Knaus exposes the deep-rooted emotional and cognitive reasons we procrastinate and provides solutions to overcome it. Where other books offer tim
Published April 2nd 2010 by McGraw-Hill Education (first published March 8th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about End Procrastination Now!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about End Procrastination Now!

Courtney
May 12, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: disappointing
I read about half of this book. The methods and strategies is suggests using are not bad, but the book is highly repetitive. It's as if the author thinks you won't understand what he is saying unless he tells you 7 times. This book could have been half the length and just as good. I got bored of hearing the same things over and over again.

Essentially, learn to do things as they happen in smaller increments instead of letting them pile up to become huge projects that seem insurmountable so that
Judy
Jul 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Timothy Pychyl of the awesome productivity podcast, “iProcrastinate,” often cites William Knaus’ research and conclusions, so I was motivated to check this book out and see if Dr. Knaus had anything new to offer. He structures his prescription for overcoming procrastination into a three-pronged program, using cognitive, emotive, and behavioral approaches. There are lots of charts and journaling exercises to complete as you work your way through the process, so a physical book is probably the mos ...more
Ashley
May 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Whilst I concur with most Goodreads reviewers' viewpoint that the book is slightly redundant and wordy, the concurrence does not influence my rating. This is due to the fact that Knaus is a psychologist rather than an English professor. This book is extremely insightful and helpful, as it has led me to find the answers to the two utmost fundamental questions that I have been constantly asking myself and other people who know me, "Have I really procrastinated?" and "What are the things that I've ...more
Andrew
Feb 29, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf, reviewed, business
I felt like I got the whole story just by reading the introduction. The chapters are so repetitive that I started skimming and kept finding the same concepts over and over again. Also the author is really fond of acrostics, which is OK once or twice but got old really fast.

Figure out why you procrastinate and choose to be different. It may be hard but it is worth it (at least according to the author...not sure I completely agree yet). I've saved you hundreds of pages of reading.
Archies Nayak
Oct 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
The book is Good. Like those in this category. Explains and answers many things which results in procrastination. I believe not a single book can help you to avoid it unless we acted upon it. Overall good experience, I am trying to avoid procrastination with some of the tips. Let us see if it works. will update in a month. :)
ratherastory
Jul 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Not the best read on a Kindle/e-reader, alas, due to all the charts. Tim Pychyl from iProcrastinate often cites Knaus' research, and the book does deliver on that. Overall a good, if slightly repetitive read. I suspect that a paper copy would be more useful for the practical application of the strategies outlined within it.
Chris Cook
Nov 01, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: owned
Good information. A tough read on a Kindle due to all the charts, so I would recommend a physical copy. I learned from this book, though we already know the underlying lessons from the Stoics (which this book cites quite a bit), which is: be mindful of your own thoughts and biorhythms. Buts it's good to be reminded of this in different ways.
Julian
May 25, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: mental-illness
Poorly organized, but pregnant with useful gems. I didn't expect to get much out of this, but it is, so far, the best book on procrastination I've read, significantly more useful than Steel's much-touted Procrastination Equation.
Diana
Mar 30, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: time-management
I can never pass up a time management book. I devour them like they will reveal magical powers to make everything better. I often find a good tip or two, but in the end it is still work.
Richard Balbuena
Repetitive and poorly organized.
Bruce Black
Jan 21, 2012 rated it liked it
A lot of information presented in a rather dry, clinical way, but I found it useful. (My first eBook from the library!)
Eun-kyeong
Aug 03, 2014 rated it it was ok
It is somehow informative but not well-organized.
Pedro
Mar 17, 2015
Małgorzata
Aug 19, 2017
Tyrrell Cherry
Mar 24, 2014
Kalyn
Jun 29, 2011 rated it liked it
Had some useful information.
Joie