Start by marking “Battle Royale, Vol. 12 (Battle Royale, #12)” as Want to Read:
Battle Royale, Vol. 12 (Battle Royale, #12)

Battle Royale, Vol. 12 (Battle Royale #12)

4.2  ·  Rating details ·  1,123 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
You cannot fight what you cannot see. You cannot kill someone who is dead on the inside. It is the defiantly human animal that is forced to kill without porpose...

When Sugimura realizes that he can't beat Kiriyama, he turns to protecting Kotohiki at all costs. But Kiriyama might just beat him to the kill, because he has an ace up his sleeve: Oda's Kevlar vest!

Meanwhile, Ka
Published April 12th 2005 by TokyoPop (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Battle Royale, Vol. 12, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Battle Royale, Vol. 12

Jan 21, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Sumado al elemento fantástico de lanzarse bolas de poder o impactar en el cuerpo del contrario y que se parta el árbol en el que cae pero salga inmune, se agregan los muertos que no mueren, diez balas que apuntan a la cabeza en una secuencia avanzando y todas pifian o una balacera evitada por chalecos antibalas. Muertes inesperadas, cinco alumnos restantes y desenlace inminente.
Miss Ryoko
May 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, adult
Oh man…. Oh man. UGH!! Okay, the battle between Sugimura and Kiriyama was EPIC! Of course it was.. but UGH!!!!!!!!! (view spoiler)

This has been my favorite panel so far this entire series. There is something so beautiful about this image… Taguchi-san did a fantastic job here.

photo WP_20150623_003_zps6jlp20e4.jpg

Sugi…. *heartbreak*
Russell Doiron
Jun 19, 2011 rated it liked it
I had to stop here. This was my first run through an entire series of manga, and I couldn't even bring myself to finish it. I had made the mistake of reading Koushun Takami's novel before going through the manga series, and I found myself picking apart some of the events, realizing they weren't portrayed correctly. Most of the artists' effort went towards excessive nudity/unnecessary magnitudes of gore. I realize the story that is being addressed, but I still feel as if they were trying too hard ...more
Dec 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Ahhh! He died!!! He was my favorite!! WHHHHYYYYYYY!!!! *screams on knees, arms raised*
The Stumps
Indah Threez Lestari
Apr 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, in-english
Baca ulang.

Nyaris buta, Sugimura berhasil menyempurnakan penguasaan khi-nya. Tapi dasar jenius tiada tara, Kiriyama berhasil mencuri ilmunya setelah sekali melihatnya... *hiks, jadi ingat adegan pibu Thio Bu Ki di Kong-beng-teng*

Yap, Sugimura kalah! Tapi saat Kiriyama hampir membunuh Kayoko, Sugimura sempat menembak Kiriyama dengan Uzi-nya sendiri. Makanya jangan simpan senjata di sembarang tempat.

Tapi... twist plot lagi, meski sudah diberondong peluru, Kiriyama bangkit lagi dan menghabisi Sugim
Jun 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
I would give this five stars if it hadn't been for the unnessecarily graphicly erotic scene with Mitsuko. In an earlier volume the graphic eroticism served as a disturbing counterpoint to the equally disturbing graphic violence (which was done very well imo), but here it seems like nothing more than male fanservice that also paints a disturbing picture of incest victims... but that's a problem with the character as a whole and not just here.

Apart from that I liked it, it was epically tragic.
Jun 19, 2013 rated it did not like it
I liked the transcendent part in vol. 11 but here it just got caricatured and dragon ball z-ish. Also even if it was expected that Kazuo would make it to the last 5, i didn't liked how "invincible" he seems. I understand that he is to be seen as a robot (and i don't complain on the lack of feelings or words from him) but the cape and the invincibility to EVERYTHING (the guy survived a freaking explosion!) make him grotesque.
Feather Mista
Estoy bastante seguro de que había "readeado" todos los tomos del manga de Battle Royale, pero por algún motivo parece que cuando el infame Deleted Member empezó a borrar ediciones a rolete, hubo ediciones que directamente desaparecieron. Por ahora copipasteo esto a toda la serie para disminuir el riesgo de que vuelvan a hacer una forrada semejante.
Jul 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dystopian, twisted, 2015, manga
This was a pretty good series, though there are a few points where you have to suspend your disbelief and scenes that are a bit drawn out. I know why they did it that way, but still. This is pretty fucked up the whole way through, so beware of that.
Sep 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Part 2 of Kiriyama versus the Battle Royale version of Brad and Angelina (awwww) Hiroki and Kayoko. There is a lot of shouting in this volume (it was like Shuya was actually in the room). Is is looking like Kiriyama might actually get there ... crikey.
Jan 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror, thriller
This Kiriyama kid...
Jesús López López
Sugimura, otro de mis personajes favoritos. Solo dos escenas de este libro casi me hacen llorar, y en las dos estuvo Sugimura
May 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Such a good manga series. A great adaption with wonderful art work.
Tracy Klein
I am so done with you, you effing gary stu. Look what you made me do.
Nov 15, 2012 rated it liked it
Review keroyokan untuk satu serial ada di sini: Review manga Battle Royale :)
Amanda Pearl
I don't like how they changed Hiroki and Kayoko at all :( The first half of this was pretty terrible. I do like the introduction to the final five, it's the beginning of the end.
Sir Nicho
Jul 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
John Wilson
Apr 09, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: hey-kids-comics
Throws the towel in, waves the white flag and other sundry giving-up metaphors...
Aug 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
1a Edizione marzo 2005 PlayPress
Dec 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
This could have been a tie and a proper send off de Sugi y Kirayama.

Pero no.
Sep 03, 2014
  • Gantz /10
  • Berserk, Vol. 17
  • BTOOOM! #4
  • Deadman Wonderland Volume 10 (Deadman Wonderland, #10)
  • エルフェンリート 9 (Elfen Lied, #9)
Koushun Takami (高見 広春 Takami Kōshun) is the author of the novel Battle Royale, originally published in Japanese, and later translated into English by Yuji Oniki and published by Viz Media and, later, in an expanded edition by Haika Soru, a division of Viz Media.

Takami was born in Amagasaki, Hyōgo Prefecture near Osaka and grew up in the Kagawa Prefecture of Shikoku. After graduating from Osaka Uni
More about Koushun Takami...

Battle Royale (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Battle Royale, Vol. 01 (Battle Royale, #1)
  • Battle Royale, Vol. 02 (Battle Royale, #2)
  • Battle Royale, Vol. 03 (Battle Royale, #3)
  • Battle Royale, Vol. 04 (Battle Royale, #4)
  • Battle Royale, Vol. 05 (Battle Royale, #5)
  • Battle Royale, Vol. 06 (Battle Royale, #6)
  • Battle Royale, Vol. 07 (Battle Royale, #7)
  • Battle Royale, Vol. 08 (Battle Royale, #8)
  • Battle Royale, Vol. 09 (Battle Royale, #9)
  • Battle Royale, Vol. 10 (Battle Royale, #10)

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• Fractured
  • Never Smile at Strangers
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Furious (Faith McMann Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Where Eagles Dare
  • Alone
    $17.99 $2.99
  • Moriarty (Sherlock Holmes, #2)
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Idaho
    $12.99 $1.99
  • Dead Letters
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Phantom (Alexander Hawke, #7)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Working Fire
    $3.99 $2.00
  • The Barkeep
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Day (Jessie Cole, #1)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Moving Day
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Man-Eater: The Life and Legend of an American Cannibal
  • Smoke
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unrivaled (Beautiful Idols #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Secrets of Southern Girls: A Novel
    $15.99 $1.99
  • Dorchester Terrace (Charlotte & Thomas Pitt, #27)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Flower Net (Red Princess, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Grave Tender
  • The Cabin
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Ugly Young Thing (Strangers #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Bones of Paris (Harris Stuyvesant, #2)
    $11.99 $2.99