Start by marking “Blue Twilight (Wings in the Night, #11)” as Want to Read:
Blue Twilight (Wings in the Night, #11)

Blue Twilight (Wings in the Night #11)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  1,420 Ratings  ·  59 Reviews

The idyllic town of Endover, New Hampshire, looks innocent. But below its surface a thirst and a desire both powerful and ancient boil fiercely. When two girls go missing, only one person can delve deep enough to find them - Maxine Stuart, a private investigator who has finally started to believe.

"Mad Maxie" understands why she was asked to help - no living mortal knows as

Published March 1st 2005 by Mira Books (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Blue Twilight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blue Twilight

Delta
Jul 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of urban fantasy/romance
Megan
Sep 26, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Vampire Romance Fans
Book 8 in the "Wings in the Night" series- at least if you are reading them in chronological order. If you are reading by publishing order then follow the numbering on Goodreads/Amazon.

Great book, definitely one of the best in the series.... it is continued with Prince of Twilight (a book that takes place about 16 years later)..... love Max and Lou in this one! They are soooo funny together I was laughing out loud!

Max "Mad Max" (Maxine Stuart) is Morgan's twin sister (from Twilight Hunger) wher
Marsha
Apr 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Definitely liked this book. This book should be read right after Twilight Hunger. It's not easy to determine the order of books since author created "filler books" later in the game to expand the stories.
Saturnus
Maxie "Inte rädd för någonting" Stewart ger sig tillsammans med sin bästa vän Tempest "Stormy" Jones och crushen Lou Malone ut på ett uppdrag. Ett updrag som komer visa sig vara allt annat än normalt, där vampyrer är vardagsmat och självaste vampyrgreven är...
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Wings in the Night
Mjinn
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Crepúsculo Azul es el undécimo libro de la serie Wings in the Night (Alas de la noche). Por el camino, los protagonistas nos van resumiendo muy brevemente los sucesos que tuvieron lugar en la novela anterior, la historia correspondiente a la hermana de Maxie. Entonces, ¿se puede leer esta novela de forma independiente al resto de la saga? No, absolutamente no. Pero sólo porque esta novela me ha parecido un prólogo innecesariamente largo para la historia de Stormy. El final es en realidad el inic ...more
Kathy
Feb 05, 2012 rated it liked it
Isabel Luna
El romance entre Maxi y Lou se veía venir desde la novela de Dante y Morgan y la verdad fue exactamente como me la imaginé. Memorable la discusión de "el día después" y la actitud de Maxi me encantó. Una historia más corta que las otras, la única pega que le encontré es que Shayne podría haberse dedicado un poco menos a la precuela de "El Príncipe de la Oscuridad" para desarrollar algo más del romance de Maxi y Lou.
Darlene
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading this book. It is part of a series but you can still read this and not be lost if you haven't read the others in the series. Vampires and vampire hunters what is not to love.
Erin ☕ *Proud Book Hoarder*
Yes, I suppose I've broken my own golden rule. "Thou shalt not read a series out of order." But to my defense, when I picked it up I was too lazy to notice it was a series before I was into it.

It's always easier to discuss the characters first, isn't it? And really, they're the most important. I found Maxie cutely ambitious chasing her love-interest Lou, her general personality amusing and cushy, while the same went for her friend and semi-sidekick Stormy. I hold no real qualms with the characte
blue
If I had read this seven years ago, or, hell, five, it would probably be a five-star read. The characters are absolutely wonderful - I loved Lou and Max back then, and I adore them now -- and the plot is pretty fun, and the sexual tension/relationship between Max and Lou is what I enjoyed so much about reading this book. When I was a kid, I loved this shit. This series was the BOMB for me, because 1. VAMPIRES and 2. The characters and (most important) 3. The sex. When I was younger, like fucking ...more
Serena
Apr 09, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
TRAMA: Endover è una ridente e serena cittadina del New Hampshire. In apparenza. Sotto la superficie si agitano infatti oscuri desideri e poteri antichissimi. L'unica in grado di capire che cosa sta succedendo davvero è Mad Maxie. Ma la presenza maligna che controlla la città cerca in tutti i modi di ostacolarla. E nemmeno Lou Malone, l'uomo di cui lei è innamorata da sempre, riesce a convincerla ad abbandonare la sua crociata contro il folle assetato di sangue... e di amore.
Nono volume della se
Jasmyn
This is the first book in the Wings in the Night series where the main couple isn't a type of vampire or vampire-like person. Instead we have a friend of the vampires "Mad Maxie" and a police detective, Lou Malone, taking the center stage for the romance. There is still plenty of paranormal types to go around though so don't worry about missing her wonderful vampires.

The town of Endover is just plain weird. It's residents seem to be under a constant mind fog and even Max and her friends feel so
K. Anna Hardy
May 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was the last book of the Wings in the Night series that I read as a teenager. I don't think I even finished it back then, I just put it down one day and decided to move on from the whole bookworm hobby altogether. Ever since deciding to reread the series, Blue Twilight is the title that I've most been looking forward to picking up, and I can say that it didn't disappoint.

The stakes in this story don't feel as high as they did in Twilight Hunger, but I don't think they were meant to be. For
Moniqueh
Jan 07, 2012 rated it liked it
There wasn't any problem with the writing or the story line. But I only give it three stars because it wasn't a book you could sink your teeth into (pardon the pun). I found it a bit long winded and actually found myself skipping a few of the last pages because I just wanted to see how it ended. It's a easy going book with nothing too exciting happening in it.

I do like how the author took a different outlook on the "vampires" and made them not evil monsters but actually the only word that comes
Debra
Nov 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If your reading this review prior to reading the book - be aware that it takes place immediately following Morgan and Dante's story. There is a fork in the stories - the numbers veer toward Sarafina, Dante's great aunt. But this one follows up with Stormy, Max and Lou in which they move into Morgan's home that she left to Max.

Also, be prepared to IMMEDIATELY jump into the next book Prince of Twilight.

Shayne takes a different viewpoint in this book in that she's writing a romance between humans i
JoAnne
Mar 05, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014-psh
Max and Storm are moving to their new place, courtesy of Max's sister, to start their own private eye business. They get a call from an old friend named Jason. His sister has gone missing. He got a strange call from her. He tried to call back but could not get through. Max, Storm and Lou go to Endover and start working on the case. But the town is strange. The people are strange. Storm starts acting very weird. It's like someone else is in her head. Something happened to her when she was shot in ...more
Tigger
Jul 05, 2009 rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-in-2009
What a waste of a few good holiday hours!

The fact that this book is part of a series - but that knowledge wasn't gleaned until halfway through the book - doesn't really help the meagre storyline, and the badly formed and not really concluded at all plotline. The characters felt like pathetic and annoying cliches - spunky, big talking and hot Maxine Stuart, "tough talking" but bruised by life hot cop Lou Malone, Tempest (come ON) Jones and the supposedly pathetic because of his not-manliness Jaso
Iris
Characters in my opinion can make or break a book. If you can't make a connection with a character you're bound to not enjoy the book much. In this instance, I had issues with Max. Although a pretty good book, I had a hard time with the character of Max and her maturity level. Her obsession with Lou was starting was embarrassing to behold and starting to get down right creepy. She was starting to resemble a stalker. This not so redeeming character flaw lessened my enjoyment of the actual story. ...more
Deb Carroll
Sep 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
I only recently started reading these books but I was hooked pretty quick. I enjoy the fact that Maggie has a different idea of vampires and with this book she has added past lives. This book focuses on Max and Lou's love story more then anything but it does set the picture for another book featuring Stormy and Dracula. I am looking forward to reading that one.
I would suggest reading these books and getting to know the mind of Maggie Shayne. The characters are easy to like and the fact that the
Cindy
Mar 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-stars, review, vampire
This book has a vampire in it, but is he really such a bad guy?
But the main part of the story involves Maggie and her friends, trying to help out another old friend, who's sister is in the hands of the vampire.
They discover strange things in the little town close to the vampire.
Next to that there is the love story between Maggie and Lou. He has his past and doesn't want to ruin their friendship.
Maggie's friend Storm has her own problems, there seems to be another person in her body and it is rea
Rachael
This time Maggie Shayne went WAAAY in the other direction. There was onle ONE intimate scene in the whole darn book! There was a plot, but it had a sort of "Groundhog Day" quality where I swear they spent like a week just wandering around and meeting people when they could have gotten onto the damn island!

I don't like that this book is not a stand alone read and left you with a cliff hanger. Doesn't follow. I hope the next one is better.
Jim Duncan
May 01, 2011 rated it liked it
Not great, not poor, just did not hold my interest. I read this on recommendation from my wife, who is a Maggie Shayne fan. The writing was fine, and I was interested mainly because of the notion of the vampire controlling a town, which was relevant to a story I was writing. I stopped reading about halfway through, but that shouldn't be a considered a knock on the book. Shayne fans likely will feel just fine about this book. So, this is kind of a neutral review.
Natalie
Apr 26, 2012 rated it liked it
Book 11 in the Wings of the Night series. This is the story of Maxine who is the sister of Morgan from book 7. We met Maxine in that book. This is the least paranormal of this paranormal romance series since neither the heroine nor the hero are supernatural in any way, just everyone around them. It was the least interesting book I've read in this series. But the rest of the series isn't half bad so don't base it on this.
Flamingcrystal Flamingcrystal
If it wasn't for the constant use of the words God and Jesus - in almost every conversation between the characters - I would have rate this book 4 stars. The vampire could have at least more original name than VLAD DRACUL...he wasn't evil or scary enough. The vampire should have fallen for the strong lead character Mad Maxine instead of for Max's best friend Stormy, I would have love to see Maxine kicks the vamp's ass to kingdom come.
Rachel
Jul 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is the first book in this vampire series that I've read. The rules are different from some others. The book is your basic mind-candy, fun read with suspense, paranormal and romance. This is Maxie and Lou's love story plus an introduction to Storm's, which is covered in the next book. I look forward to reading the next one.
Tabitha Peterson
oh my god that was a good book i could barly put it down. and now i have to see what happens between dracula and stormy :). I knew Lou loved Max but he was still in dinal he just needed to tell her that he loved her. i love the part where he said he was going to beat jason because he was getting jealous it mad me lol :D
Amanda
Jul 01, 2008 rated it it was amazing
this book was WAY better then i thought it was. it was a good suspense book with romance on the side. but..i was getting mad at lou because he was being a typical stubborn male...but...it all worked out in the end..and now i really really really wannna read the sequel....
Maggie V
Oct 06, 2010 rated it it was ok
I didn't realize it was a part of a series (which may have cleared up some confusion), and it didn't focus as much on the vampire as I was expecting. I'm not sure that it was good enough to go back and read the first books.
Carmen
May 09, 2012 rated it liked it
I knew this book was part of a series, but decided to read it anyway, even though I haven't read any of the others. It was an okay book, and I am curious as to what happens next, but I doubt I will go looking for the rest of the series.
  • Strangers In The Night (includes Beyond Twilight - Wings in the Night, #4)
  • Flesh and Stone (Les Gargouillen #2)
  • Dead Perfect
  • Moonglow
  • I Thirst for You (Primes, #2)
  • Night Fires (Vampire #1)
  • Night After Night (Brotherhood of Blood, #5)
  • Kiss Me Forever / Love Me Forever (Forever Vampires #1-2)
  • Measure of Darkness (Randall Shane, #4)
  • Kiss Of Death (Sophie Anderson, #5)
  • Hot Blooded (Dark, #13.5; Midnight, #2.5; Mageverse, #0.5)
  • Parallel Heat (Midnight Warriors, #2)
  • Luscious Craving (Candace Steele Vampire Killer #2)
  • Hunter's Moon (Nightcreature, #2)
  • Tattooed (Kate Lange #3)
I live in the teeny, tiny town of Taylor, NY, (Alliteration Alert!) though my mailing address is Cincinnatus, my telephone exchange is Truxton and I pay taxes and vote in Cuyler. All of these are at least in the same rural county in the southern hills of New York State; Cortland County. There are more cattle than people here. The nearest “big” cities are Syracuse and Binghamton and they are an hou ...more
More about Maggie Shayne

Wings in the Night (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Twilight Phantasies (Wings in the Night, #1)
  • Twilight Memories (Wings in the Night, #2)
  • Twilight Illusions (Wings in the Night, #3)
  • Born In Twilight (Wings in the Night, #5)
  • Twilight Hunger (Wings in the Night, #7)
  • Embrace the Twilight (Wings in the Night, #8)
  • Edge of Twilight (Wings in the Night, #10)
  • Before Blue Twilight (Wings in the night #10.5 - A prequel Novella)
  • Prince of Twilight (Wings in the Night #12)
  • Demon's Kiss (Wings in the Night #13)

Romance Deals

• Wild Kisses (Wildwood, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Dangerous Engagement (The Regency Spies of London, #3)
  • Trouble in Paradise
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Staying For Good (Most Likely To, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Miss Fortune (Lear Family Trilogy #3)
  • Almost Like Love
  • Party Girl
  • Cross My Heart
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Grave Secrets (Rogue River #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Married by Monday (The Weekday Brides, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • If I Didn't Know Better (The Callaways #9)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Beauty Queen (Lear Family Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Life After Wife (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #3)
  • Incentive
    $3.99 $1.99
  • It Started With a Kiss (Sequoia Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fiancé by Friday (The Weekday Brides, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Savage Urges (The Phoenix Pack, #5)
  • The Color of Water in July
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Knight Avenged (Circle of Seven, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taken by Tuesday (The Weekday Brides, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Kushiel's Dart (Phèdre's Trilogy, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • A Forever Thing (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dead in Her Tracks (Rogue Winter, #2)
  • Flirting with Felicity
  • Long, Hot Texas Summer
  • You'll Think of Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Lily Love
    $1.99 $0.99
  • Forever is the Worst Long Time
    $4.99 $1.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet as Sin (Bad Habit, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Dollmaker (The Forgotten Files, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fifth Grave Past the Light (Charley Davidson, #5)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • The Heart of Betrayal (The Remnant Chronicles, #2)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Shameless (White Lies Duet #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Burn for You (Slow Burn, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Be Mine Forever (St. Helena Vineyard, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Lake (Sweet Lake #1)
  • The Barefoot Summer
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Smart Girl (The Girl's #3)
  • Falling Together
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Warrior's Revenge
  • Lily's White Lace
    $4.49 $1.99
  • A Viscount's Proposal (The Regency Spies of London, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fear For Me: A Novel of the Bayou Butcher (For Me, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hangman (The Forgotten Files #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Stone Walls (True Heroes, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Things I Can't Forget (Hundred Oaks, #3)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Flashpoint (Troubleshooters, #7)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Break Me (Corrupted Hearts, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Shark (Forgotten Files, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Black and Green (The Ghost Bird, #11)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Wager
  • Enrage (Eagle Elite )
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Spiral of Need (The Mercury Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Treasured by Thursday (The Weekday Brides, #7)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Infraction (Players Game, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fated (Dark Protectors, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Material Girl (The Fancy Lives of the Lear Sisters, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles, #3)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Summer in Napa (St. Helena Vineyard, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Devil's Daughter (Hidden Sins #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fraternize (Players Game, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All We Knew (The Cabots, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • P.S. from Paris
  • Love, Lucas
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Rules of Regret
    $3.99 $1.99
  • In Shining Whatever (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seek Me with All Your Heart (Land of Canaan, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Schemer (A Hot Romantic Comedy) (Harbor City Book 3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Follow Me (Corrupted Hearts, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Girl (The Girl's Series Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Trouble with Tomboys (Tommy Creek #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All There Is (Juniper Hills, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Soul and Blade (Blood and Bone, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • To Win Her Favor (Belle Meade Plantation #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Nobody's Baby But Mine (Chicago Stars, #3)
    $4.74 $1.99
  • Delta: Redemption (Delta, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dealing Double (Heartbreaker, #2)
  • Spin (Spin, #1)
    $7.74 $0.99
  • On Her Father's Grave (Rogue River #1)
  • By Your Side