Start by marking “Meet Mrs. Smith: My Adventures with Six Kids, One Rockstar Husband, and a Heart to Fight Poverty” as Want to Read:

With a good dose of spiritual insight, parenting advice, and wry humor, Anna Smith chronicles her life as wife of the lead singer of Delirious?, the history-making band that launched the modern-day worship movement. A feast of behind-the-scenes insights about life as an international celebrity, this book is also a profound look at one family’s quest to foster a rich spirit ...more
Published February 1st 2011 by David C. Cook

To ask other readers questions about Meet Mrs. Smith, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Meet Mrs. Smith

Start your review of Meet Mrs. Smith: My Adventures with Six Kids, One Rockstar Husband, and a Heart to Fight Poverty
Dany
Jun 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
It's a good read! I guess, it especially is a relevant read for any woman who has her husband involved in full-time ministry.

I just had read Martin's book before, and so felt compelled to know the other side of the story:)
I recommend definitely to read both books. Written with honesty and humor just like her husband's. I liked it.
Vickely Guevara
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Missioneries from Go Missions International

I loved your book Anna I read it in 3 days couldnt put it down my wife Shannon and I have 4 kids weve been Married 25 Years and spent most of our years in latín América, your book was relatable, real and honest I loved it and it encourages me and my family to always put that first "Family" even though we are always busy even now on a Bus to a Mountain village with our team for a week when I come home I love to be together with my wife and kids , I'm on
Ruth Ropper
Loved this open and honest book about life in the Smith family and what it was like for the wife at home looking after the family while the world sees the famous husband. It was a very frank and honest book sharing the highs and lows of life along with how to listen to God and look at how you can make a difference when you have young children. It was set in a different lifestyle from where most of us live but a lot of issues are comparable.
Hayley Russell
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really felt like I met Mrs. Anna Smith. Her style of writing kept me engaged, wanting to read more. I enjoyed her humor, the everyday life drama that is played out and the truthfulness of her relationship with her husband Martin and with her six children. The moving moments when Anna miscarried to the brutally honest account of holding the door shut to keep her child in the bedroom hoping that they would go to bed. She kept it real!!
Andreea
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
Vibrant and cheerfull. A great chance to get to know the inside story of one of my favourite bands.
Jose Martinez
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!!!

I loved this book! Smith is an inspiration to Christian women. Read it, you will love love love it !!
Nathan
Apr 29, 2013 rated it liked it
Anna Smith is the wife of Martin Smith, the frontman for the Christian rock and worship band Delirious? and now God’s Great Dance Floor. As the subtitle suggests, Meet Mrs. Smith tells the story of her marriage to Martin, the growth of their family and the origin of their desire to help orphans in India - and elsewhere.

The book reads a bit like a diary, sharing Anna’s experiences and thoughts about her journey with Martin. Anna records it all; from their meeting at her sister’s wedding (Martin w
Robert Michael
Jun 14, 2013 rated it liked it
This really should be a 2-star review. I am giving it the benefit of the doubt. I expected something different, I suppose.

Alright, out of complete honesty, I have several basic problems with this book:
1) The narrator is normally a very super-positive, Godly woman. However, when faced with adversity, her memoir (for this is what the book really is and the core of why I don't like it, I suppose) devolves into...well, nothing. She comes to the cusp of anger, disappointment, and general malaise and
Katie
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Anna's conversational and descriptive writing style brings her beautiful, moving story to life with the ease and grace most professional authors can only hope to achieve. This book has taught me so much about family, faith and well-learned lessons! Highly recommend.
Janette Fuller
Mar 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian
"Meet Mrs. Smith: My Adventures with Six Kids,One Rockstar Husband, and a Heart to Fight Poverty" by Anna Smith, is the story of a devoted Christian woman and her life as the wife of a Christian rockstar. Mrs. Smith opens her home and her heart to share what life is like when her husband is leading worship on stages all over the world. Anna is not only the wife of Martin Smith but she is also the mother to six children.
Anna's story begins with a terrible car wreck that seriously injured Martin
Amber French
Jan 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Anna lives the normal life of any mother of six married to the lead singer for a hugely popular Christian band. In her book she opens up and talks about the challenges she’s faced managing the household while Martin’s been on tour. She talks about her miscarriages and the desire she and Martin have for their kids to have compassion for others. She talks about how she loves having people over though you may be asked to pitch in! She shares the story of each of her children’s births and how she wa ...more
Zoey
Nov 23, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2013
2.5 stars, really. A friend lent me this book because I am also a Christian wife with a traveling husband who loves India (and because I am also a Smith)! Anna's story is straightforward and simply, humbly told. Despite the fact that she is no doubt rather wealthy and has the resources and support system to raise a large family and fly them all over the world on tour and for missions, Anna manages to sound quite relatable. Her story is about meeting her husband, getting married, having kids, see ...more
Fragmentage
May 01, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Anna Smith is a mother of six and the wife of Delirious? front man Martin Smith. Delirious? was an extremely successful British Christian rock band that played live in over 40 countries during their career (1992-2009). For the families this meant a lot of time spent apart whenever the band was touring the planet although they did try to take their wives and kids with them whenever possible.

This book tells the Delirious?-story from Anna's point of view and focuses on the daily challenges she was
Abbie Riddle
Feb 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Curious about a rock stars wife? Here is the end to your curiosity. Anna Smith, wife of lead singer Martin Smith of the group Delirious? and sister to member Jon Thatcher opens up her life. This is great! It is such an easy and enjoyable read about their life and God's impact. She shares experiences of being a mom of 6 and the joys of all this. She encourages each us to embrace life and our callings in Christ even when life is unpredictable or messy. She speaks to people to embrace the talents a ...more
Susan B
This is the companion book to Delirious (see previous post), and tells the story of Anna Smith, wife to Martin, former lead singer of the Christian band. It's an interesting read that describes what it was like to be along for the ride, building a family and keeping the home fires burning when the kingdom work of the music ministry grew bigger than the two of them. It gives a perspective that complements (and in some ways, differs from) the first book, and is good reading for anyone who wonders ...more
Sunflower
Anna Smith writes a "companion book" called, "Don't Settle for Less" that is a perfect companion book to read back to back with "Delirious". Focused on having a rich, spiritual life, while surrounded by a worldly based society that is about materials and buying, Anna Smith had me thinking....how do we balance things while reaching out to a world that is in need....
Witty, it was an interesting look into her life as both a wife and mother and balancing the life they have with reaching out to other
Steven
Dec 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was a book my wife downloaded to her kindle but never got around to reading. I picked it up and started reading it and was drawn into the life a a well known Christian band and their lives. Though it took me several weeks to read it was well worth it. The drama and stuff that went on in this family is a touching reminder of how busy life can be, especially for entertainers and ministers of the Gospel. This is a fun book, a touching book and a reminder of just how important family and friend ...more
Gizzard
Dec 16, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 32013, 32013-nonfic
A boring and mundane book. Nothing of much interest sounds like the essay of a middle schooler- how do you take your family on month's long trip and never describe a single place or thing you saw. The last two chapters were interesting, but other than that this book should have been sent back for a redo.

And there is almost nothing about their mission or faith considering it is labeled faith based.
Stefanieq Banner
Jun 23, 2013 rated it liked it
I kept reading and reading this - i'm not sure why, since I don't know or particularly care about the author and her family (nor had I previously heard of them . . . Thanks Wikipedia for the enlightenment!) but there were enough interesting tidbits/moments that I related to that I kept plugging along.
Jenny
Oct 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A freebie from Gospel Ebooks, I was just reading this to pass time. Wow! Seeing God at work in the Smith family was a blessing. Witnessing poverty through their experienced was impacting. The 10 survival tips (characters) Anna talks about having in the home (near the end of the book) are convicting, and it helped me to reprioritize my day and thoughts. Great read!
Michelle
May 07, 2013 rated it liked it
An easy read that gets a bit preachy at times. It's not until nearly the end of the memoir that the author is clear on how much help she actually has in raising all those six children. But she's someone I feel would be a fun dinner companion.
Marguerite Harrell
May 28, 2013 rated it liked it
This makes 23rd books that I read this year. Good book but 3 stars. Not my type of book to read. I did rather be reading a different type of book than this one. Very interesting about raising 6 kids while her husband is being a trotting trotter.
Gail
Sep 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
A very honest and transparent story of a journey of life. Anna shares her heart, her griefs, her changing philosophy of life as a believer in Christ with wit and wisdom. A great book for every mum or mum at heart!
Josiah
Writing: C
Plot: B
Vocabulary: C
Level: Easy
Rating: PG
Worldview: Christian

This is the brief autobiography of Anna Smith, and companion to her husband Martin's Smith's autobiography, "Delirious: My Journey."
Colette Walters Walden
May 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
What I enjoyed most about this book is the candid glimpse it gives you into the harried life of couples who are passionately involved in and immersed in a vocation or calling while simultaneously raising children.
Rachel
Jan 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Such an inspiring, heartwarming, motivational, hysterical book! Love this family!
Tracey
Jun 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
Really good and some excellent practical advice at the back. The coach holidays sound like a nightmare to me!! 6 kids!! Arghgh
Denise
Jun 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. Anna is an amazing woman of God. She tells it like it is. Would recommend this book.
Kristen
May 13, 2013 rated it liked it
Another free Kindle book.
Marcia Lechleitner
Feb 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
an interesting true story of how to raise 6 children and keep the faith.

• Delirious: My Journey with the Band, a Growing Family, and an Army of Historymakers
  • The Collected Poems
  • Blood River: A Journey to Africa's Broken Heart
  • Poesias Completas - Agustini
  • The Importance of Being Earnest
1 follower
Librarian Note: There are more than one author in the Goodreads database with this name.