Start by marking “The Walking Dead, Vol. 13: Too Far Gone” as Want to Read:
The Walking Dead, Vol. 13: Too Far Gone

The Walking Dead, Vol. 13: Too Far Gone

(The Walking Dead (Collected Editions) #13)

For survivors of the zombie apocalypse, hopes are not lifting. As others try to keep their mind on practicalities, former policeman Rick Grimes seems increasingly on edge. As his behavior grows more and more conspicuously eccentric, other group members worry that he is putting them all in mortal danger.

Comics, 136 pages
Published November 23rd 2010 by Image Comics

To ask other readers questions about The Walking Dead, Vol. 13, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Walking Dead, Vol. 13

World War Z by Max BrooksThe Zombie Survival Guide by Max BrooksThe Walking Dead, Vol. 1 by Robert KirkmanFeed by Mira GrantPride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith
Zombies!
1,533 books — 4,208 voters
Watchmen by Alan MooreThe Complete Maus by Art SpiegelmanPreludes & Nocturnes by Neil GaimanV for Vendetta by Alan MooreBatman by Frank Miller
500 Essential Graphic Novels
842 books — 769 voters

More lists with this book...

Sean Barrs the Bookdragon
Rick doesn’t mess around does he? After living in Alexandria for less than a week, it’s so abundantly clear who the most capable leader of the growing community is.

description

It wasn’t really surprising that he would eventually take over, but I didn’t expect it to happen so quickly and with so little blood. I thought Rick would lead a coup, though the pragmatic approach adopted here by the Alexandrians makes more sense. So this series has finally started to pick up again after a few rather dull volumes. Ri
Alejandro
The good side and bad side is a too blurry zone!

This is the thirteenth volume of The Walking Dead, collecting the comic book issue from #121 to #126.

Creative Team:

Writer: Robert Kirkman

Illustrators: Charlie Adlard

Additional gray tones to inking: Cliff Rathburn

Chapter Thirteen

TOO FAR GONE

I remember when you didn’t want to be the leader. That’s what made you a good one.

Rick’s group collide with Alexandria’s community while living inside of the same walls.

Leaderships are tested.

Loyalties fal
Ken
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
A really interesting instalment in the series.

As Rick’s group tries to adjust to life in the Alexandria Safe-Zone, leadership and morals are questioned between the new arrivals and the long term residents leads to tension amongst the community.
We get a real feel for the area in these issues as we learn more about the history of the zone.

I quite liked the slow pace in this part of the story, but that might be because I’m reading these volumes quite quickly.
Certainly left it on a nice cliffhanger!
Rachel Reads Ravenously
Well I'm finally to the point where I've read past the show. It's great because now I don't have any idea about what is going to happen.

Love the community plot and how these characters are struggling to try and go back to a normal life after having lived a nightmare for so long. But, it seems too good to be true so I keep waiting for something horrible to happen to these characters. Because that's what Kirkman does.
Kemper
Mar 20, 2011 rated it liked it
When civilization finally does collapse and I’m left in the post-apocalyptic wasteland scrounging for weapons, books and tacos, I’m going to be one of those loner types like Mad Max. No joining up with up roving marauders or settling into some fortified compound for me. That’s because The Walking Dead has taught me one sure rule: Being surrounded by decaying cannibal zombies in the ruins of society may suck but normal people suck even more.

Rick and his crew have found a small community that has
Jan 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: z2016, graphic-novels
Another top notch issue! The special at the end of issue #75 was really cool too! Aliens and Zombies and Superheroes = awesome! And it was in colour which was great. I love these comics. If it was up to me I would just read them nonstop until I was up to date but unfortunately that's impossible! I can't wait to see what happens to the group next. I don't think putting Rick in charge is the best idea! Especially after the last few things he has done! Glenn and Maggie are so cute, I want more roma ...more
Sam Quixote
May 25, 2014 rated it it was ok
It’s fine to give Rick and the survivors a respite - they’ve definitely earned it after what they’ve been through - but it’s wearing a bit now and I’m beginning to think this safe colony is the worst thing to happen to this series as it completely neutralises any menace and momentum the story had.

A whole lot of nothing happens in this volume, the biggest of which is probably Rick taking it upon himself as new constable to deal with a case of domestic abuse by beating the crap out of the abusive
Becky
People suck.

I feel pretty sorry for Rick in this volume. He's trying to do what he thinks is right, as usual, but it is not looking great for him... it's just making him look unstable. And Michonne, who is supposed to understand and back him, or maybe not SUPPOSED to, but she WAS, has flipped her position. Maybe that was the kick in the ass that was needed, or maybe it signifies a shift in power dynamics. Time will tell.

And to add to that fun, there's a group trying to get in by force. That's n
Darren Hagan
Feb 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
** 3.5 stars **
** Minor spoilers **

This basically felt like not much happened. A few people from Alexandria die, but it's no one that you're attached to or particularly care about. Other than that it's basically just some set up for the next volume because some walkers hear gunshots and are now on their way to where the group is.
Fables&Wren
Dec 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
WrensReads Review:

This was a great addition to the graphic novel series.

I think it is interesting that everyone knows that Rick has lost it, but they all want him in charge anyway. It really tells you what kind of times they are living in. Even Carl finds out just how much his dad has lost it.

You meet Pete, the doctor who is abusive, in this one and you basically get what you got in the TV series based on the comic.

Andrea is made look out and basically is still going through the motions of mis
Mindy
Nov 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shit!!

I think I'm caught up to the T.V. show now and I don't know if I should risk spoiling myself by continuing.

Fuck it! I don't think I can stop anyway these are just as addicting as the show.
Gabby
This volume had a lot of iconic moments from the show in season 5 and I was really excited about it. I really like to see how Rick's group interacts with the Alexandria people. Rick realizes very quickly that Jessie is being abused and he decide he needs to act on it.

SPOILERS BELOW
After Rick discovers that Jessie is being abused he decides to act on it. The scene where Rick and Pete fight was so accurate to the show when they fly through the window. Then there's the iconic scene where Rick pulls
Alondra
4 stars.

Well, I am officially caught up with the tv series. I may give the comics a rest until the series returns...about 10 years from now. Why such a long wait in between!?? Gee Whiz..

Anyway, we are in Alexandria and things are not so lovely and sweet. It is like a tamer version of Woodbury. All the fake sweetness, and pretending like zombies aren't out to devour you... they live in a dream-state. Truly fantasy.

Dinner parties?? I don't think so. Our group likes the safety, but realize that th
Ayman Gomaa
Mar 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
this volume was so like the show nothing change really , they all trying to deal with their new situation in Alexandria , rick find out about Jessie being abused from her husband and handle it wrong and looked crazy but after all he seemed right and now he is in charge xD
Nicole Alycia
Jan 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
You can tell the action is going to start picking up now and that has me excited! Negan!
Mike
Nov 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Real honest-to-dog interpersonal conflict and shades-of-grey character actions (everyone has at least a touch of evil by now). Subtle threats of menace and uncertainty in how these people will act. And it (almost) sounds believable. Hooray!

Rick's definitely losing it, getting all amped up for a fight that isn't even there (at least, not yet). Abraham is starting to act more extreme, and Andrea is cracking up. How much longer before our heroes *have* to go back out into the world just to survive?
Crystal Starr Light
Bullet Review:

This series is very weird. I liken it to Anita Blake - I'm not exactly a fan, just on for the ride. That said, I have the complete opposite reaction to TWD that I do to AB: the first few volumes are pretty boring and pedestrian, the later volumes are much more interesting.

I really think the strength of this series is its spontaneity and ability to introduce new interesting characters just as the old ones "get dead". It's kinda like a train wreck - I can't help but watch what's goin
Lauren Stoolfire
I've just recently finished season five of the excellent television adaptation, and I realized I needed to jump back into the comics. I've been away from them for long enough that I had to give myself a little refresher to keep the differences between the comics and the show straight. I'm so glad to be back to the source material.

As always, this volume was incredibly fast-paced and intense. I couldn't believe how quickly I sped through it! I just need to know what's going to happen. While I try
RJ
Apr 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Much of the storyline sets up the action that is sure to arrive in, I assume, the next volume. It's funny - the TV show is better when the characters hit the road, but the comics are better when the group settles down somewhere and confrontations start brewing. I have now reached the point in the series where Season 5 stopped, which is the last season on Netflix. Season 6 won't release on Blu-Ray until four months from now and there's no telling when Netflix will add it to streaming. I think I'm ...more
Artemy
Oct 31, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, image-comics
A veeeery slooooooow volume — took me a while to get through this one. A couple of interesting things did happen, but not much of consequence. Still not convinced with the whole community storyline.
Craig Maxwell
Oct 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Just keeps going along at an awesome steady pace. Can’t wait to get stuck into the next one!

Also, Rick’s illustrations are showing so much more emotion, I think this has been one of my favourites in terms of illustrations.

Sometimes I do feel some of the storylines could be investigated a little bit more, sometimes they feel very rushed.
Simeon Berry
I have mixed feelings about Robert Kirkman. His work detailing the logistical tedium and ambivalence of superherodom in Invincible has been pretty good, but he resorted to paint-by-numbers plotting in The Astounding Wolfman.

In The Walking Dead, Kirkman set out to detail the inexorable psychological damage wrought by living in a post-zombie world, and he has accomplished that in spades. These books catalogue just about every shade of possible pathology experienced by the protagonists, as well as
William Thomas
After a long and arduous journey with these characters through these United States, I think it is really is finally time to throw in the towel.

There really isn't much to say about these books anymore. Where it was once the most brilliant piece of literature-as-graphic-novel, and I would have put the first few books right up there with the Watchmen, now, well, not so much. It feels old and run down. The characters feel worn out and ragged not because of their journey, but because Kirkman himself
Kaisersoze
Another slow volume that stretched this reader's patience after Volume 12 already played that card. That said, Too Far Gone ends with a bang and sets things up for a chaotic, carnage laden Volume 14 ...

Which I'm going to have to wait about 12 months to read, as the final issue in this volume, Number 78, officially passes the point where Season 5 of the television show came to an end. And after giving it serious thought, I've decided I'd rather enjoy the television incarnation unspoiled, simply
Andrew Reed
Dec 27, 2015 rated it liked it
This is the first volume in the series that I really didn't enjoy that much. It just didn't really have anything special in it. Every volume before this one has had moments of action, character development, death, and surprises. I just didn't get much enjoyment in this installment simply because nothing really happened.
Danielle
May 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2015, own
Ooo okay, this is interesting, vol.13 is pretty much exactly where the latest series of the TV show ended... Excited to see what happens next!
Sooraya Evans
Feb 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Politics. The presence of Rick's group stirs up the status quo in Alexandria.
Some like it. Some don't.
You can pretty much guess what happens :)
This is a solid volume.
Alicia
May 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I think I was expecting more action and drama to happen in this one based on how the previous one ended. I can’t tell how is good and who is bad yet. I have some feelings about this but I’m not really sure so I’m curious to see how things will play out in the next book.
Patrick
So Rick became the man he didn't want to be.... In all honesty I don't know anyone else who would do any different given the circumstances.
Christine (KizzieReads)
Not much happens but it is setting up for something.

• 28 Days Later, Vol. 5: Ghost Town
  • Revival, Vol. 6: Thy Loyal Sons & Daughters
  • Rachel Rising, Volume 2: Fear No Malus
  • American Vampire, Vol. 3
  • Chew, Vol. 3: Just Desserts
  • Y: The Last Man, Vol. 4: Safeword (Y: The Last Man, #4)
  • Fables, Vol. 14: Witches
  • Clockworks (Locke & Key, #5)
  • Sweet Tooth, Volume 2: In Captivity
  • DMZ, Vol. 9: M.I.A.

The Walking Dead (Collected Editions) (1 - 10 of 34 books)
  • The Walking Dead, Vol. 1: Days Gone Bye