Start by marking “Om Chanting and Meditation” as Want to Read:
Om Chanting and Meditation

Om Chanting and Meditation

The book provides some powerful Om chanting and meditation techniques to bring balance health and harmony in life. In Eastern religions, Om (AUM) is considered as the most sacred mantra. Om is the mantra of integration; integration of individual with the Whole. Om is the mantra of harmony and celebration. Om is the mantra to access the Supreme Divinity residing within us. ...more
Published June 29th 2010 by Inner Light Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Om Chanting and Meditation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Om Chanting and Meditation

Start your review of Om Chanting and Meditation
Angela Powell
Dec 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, meditation
I am so pleased to have found this book. The spirit of the book is extraordinary. I feel, this book is a great gift of God to me. I believe that Dr. Ray has the unique talent for offering teaching which is simple yet profound, supremely practical and yet deeply spiritual.

The eternal flame of Self is located in our spiritual heart. Om meditation and remembering is the path to reach that eternal flame. The experience of the divine self is so powerful that the experiencer feel one with the
Sangita Takhur
Aug 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful and very helpful book on Meditation. I liked this book. It is easy to read and easy to practice. This is the kind of meditation book that you need to read again and again from time to time.
Anyone can be peaceful and happy for an instant, staying mindful on the eternal sound of AUM. As you meditate on om your consciousness will automatically go to much higher level, instantly. Highly recommended for daily meditation.
Annie Hill
Sep 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing
In this book, Amit Ray teaches us the importance of sound in meditation. I passed this book to dozens of my music students. This book is really great. The simple use of the Om sound without much of philosophy is very easy to practice in our Western society. Law of attraction mixed with letting go, present moment awareness are inbuilt in AUM meditation. Especially when I am stuck or upset Om chanting works like a medicine

The important aspect of the book is that it is not related to any specific
Steven Robison
Apr 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing book. I am from different culture, different traditions and different background. I have nothing to do with mantra chanting or mantra meditation. I do not know exactly why I purchased the book. But now I realized rather the book has selected me. After reading few chapters I left the book as it is. One fine morning, it was around 4:30 AM two lines of the book started deeply reverberating in my mind. I was in a half sleep and half awakening state. Suddenly, I started feeling ...more
Niki
Feb 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book is not in a genre that I often read. Generally, when I read out of my genre it is an uncomfortable experience. But this book is different. It's difficult from a western point of view to really appreciate an eastern point of view. But I've applied one or two meditation practices to my life and they've worked beautifully.

Conceptually, Om is very simple, but in reality it is the subtlest thing of the Universe. Intellect alone can never understand it. But through deep meditation one can
Prakash
Feb 23, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Einstein said "The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift." Om meditation is the best way to penetrate the logical mind and cultivate the intuitive mind. This book provides the foods and fuels to ignite the intuitive mind.
Janifer
Dec 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This book contains some of the powerful wisdom. I am profoundly touched and influenced by the messages of the book.

This is a universe of vibration. The teachings of Om, essentially, are focused on helping us to return, in all respects, to the Source from which all things are originated.

Om chanting or Om meditation is not a mechanical chanting of the word Om. It is more about feeling. This book is about that. It is much more subtle. I urge you to simply carry this book with you for a few weeks.
Varsha Lal
Almost from my childhood I am accustomed to Om. Earlier, it hardly penetrated my consciousness. I listened to it on every occasion, but unnoticed. Normally, at the beginning of any mantra Om is added. I was thinking I know everything about Om. But after reading this book slowly my understanding changed. Last few months I am doing Om meditation and now I realize it’s depth. Om increased the levels of my awareness and with higher level of awareness I get more clarity of mind and now, I can make ...more
Kevin
Aug 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: meditation
I picked up this book last month, because I was looking for the deeper meaning of the word Om. The book is very straight forward. I'm a slow a reader. I'm in the middle of reading this. For me, this is a milestone book. Probably this is the best book on mantra meditation out there. I learned the relaxing OM meditation tactics from this book. From the book I learnt that the words "OM" and "Amen" are related. Amit Ray's simplistic words guide the reader to the realization of our deep connection ...more
Van Derveen
Nov 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing
The healing power of Om mantra is well known for centuries but the development of subtle feeling for Om and the exact method of chanting is very important. This is a very good book for that. It is a good manual for Om mantra Chanting and AUM meditation.
It is generally set up to provide specific daily practices and meditations. I enjoyed the chapters on the basic Om Chanting and practicing meditations. I think anyone could find useful if they're interested in mantra chanting.
Audrey Cornish
Nov 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book removed my walls and make me awake. Om meditation reveal many layers of myself. People think meditation will solve all problems and fulfill all desires. But a true meditation will remove all that holding you back so you can go ahead and change your life. Daily Om meditation tear apart my ego a little bit, showed me my obstacles and addictions. It has given a new light and transform my life.
Steve Brown
Jun 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book was recommended by a dear friend since I was eager to learn more about the topic and develop my meditation practice. I just finished this book and I read it over the course of eight days. The book is absolutely beautiful and stimulating. The book is small but one of the most powerful book on meditation. I enjoyed it and loved it. The book has so many deep insights crammed into each page, the review could be as long as the book itself.
The book introduce Om in a gradual way with the deep
Steven Robison
Radhika Mehra
Jul 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Every atom of my body is rejuvenated by Om chanting. My body is part of my incarnation. This book taught me to respect every atom of my body and the soul. Om meditation feed every corner of my life. Earlier there was no light. I was moving almost unconscious. Now, I understand my feelings and my passions because they whispers to me through my feelings. There is no more storm. Life is pure celebration. Om chanting enhanced my inner strength substantially. Thanks and my pranam to the great master ...more
Christy
Jan 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have read many books on Meditation and Buddhism by different authors. Here, Dr. Ray has written about Om meditation so eloquently and simplistically! From the first few pages I knew that he would become one of my favorite authors because he doesn't try to fill my head with nonsense, but instead encourages us by introducing new ways of thinking and being more open minded. I am very happy to discovered this book.
Dorothy Coleman
Sometimes to go deeper we must silence the negative thoughts of our minds…this book showed me the way… The Om meditation techniques are very simple. This book has given me tools of Om to control my own thoughts and thought process, to put my energy to use for Good, and to make my passions work for me, instead of letting my thoughts, feelings, and FEAR get in the way of achieving my goals. I like Om meditation.
Karen Green
Jul 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: meditation
As such I do very little yoga. I am too busy with my daily activities. My mom suggested me to read this book. Now I am doing daily 5 minutes Om chanting. I am feeling the benefits of it. It has increased my focus, courage, and clarity of mind. Now, I too feel compassionate towards other. Nice book. Easy to read.
Patrica
Oct 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book helped me to learn the techniques for listening the whispers of my heart, the whispers of my blood, and the whispers of my cells. Now for truth I don't need to search for books or persons. Om is happening in my heart. The melody of “Om” is so silent, so beautiful that I am totally engrossed in it.
All religions have over all the years have preached a man “Know thyself, you will find God”, “look within yourself u will find all the answers”, these words are so common but how? For me this
Sangita Takhur
Walker
Jun 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: meditation
To me Om is the formless, intelligent but passionate healer of my soul. Last few months I was depressed and I lost my connection with the Divine. But this book silently helped me to regain my spirit. I got back my hopes for the future and my dreams are coming true. I am achieving my goals. I got back my passion, creativity, intuition and connection with the Divine. Love is overflowing in me.
Julian Nicola
May 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: meditation
Dr. Amit Ray has done a superb job of elucidating this core teaching of Om meditation. His clarity of style, observations, and depth of analysis opens many new doors of understanding. I learned a lot from this wonderful book and highly recommend it to both experienced meditators and those just beginning to explore the path.
Fiona Kelly
Mar 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This simple book helped me to listen the inner whispering of God. To me Om is my inner voice. It is not associated with anything. The book helped me to recognize the presence of an loving energy inside me—which is available to me always. Now, I begin listening Inner OM, at the start of my day —at the start of my work. I am noticing many new openings in my life. Thanks!
Rabi Murti
Feb 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
The author Amit Ray decodes for the first time the true hidden meaning of the Divine sound AUM. The internal alchemy of Om is explained nicely in the book. The information in this book is very valuable and should not be over looked.

This book is a good primer to the westerners for learning Om Meditation. I enjoyed the book throughly.
Dalerickee Rickee
Nov 12, 2010 rated it it was amazing
The author, Amit Ray, is wonderful in his elaborations of the Om Chanting and Meditations steps. The book is very easy to read, very helpful and a kind of manual for daily meditation. I enjoyed reading it and using what I learned in it.
Sarah Rees
Mar 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Although I rarely do yoga but I love Om. As such I do not chant any mantra. But I love to read about Om. It is about the mysteries phenomenon of our existence. I liked the book. More than the practices I liked the exploration in the journey to the inner meanings of Om.
Jhonemoore
Jul 18, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked the book. This is about healing effects of Om chanting on the body and the mind. As you practise, a long-lasting sense of well-being manifests in your life. You will notice a sense of joyfulness entering your life along with an ability to appreciate the many gifts that surround you.
Victor Engale
Aug 31, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really got a lot out of this book. Meditation is now easy for me. He deals with some powerful but simple ways to do meditations. This book is one of my favorite spiritual and self-development tomes.
Molly
Dec 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: meditation, religion
Excellent book for daily simple meditation. 10 minutes yoga with five minutes Om meditation and five minutes prayer worked very nicely for me. Thanks to Dr. Ray.
Rose Bailey
Mar 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic book! A classic on meditation. Easy to read.
Dalerickee Rickee
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Awakening Inner Guru
  • The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
  • The Dhammapada
  • The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success: A Practical Guide to the Fulfillment of Your Dreams
  • Awakening the Buddha Within: Eight Steps to Enlightenment
  • Autobiography of a Yogi
  • As a Man Thinketh
  • The Tao of Physics: An Exploration of the Parallels between Modern Physics and Eastern Mysticism
  • You Can Heal Your Life
  • A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose
  • Flow Yoga The Mindful Path of Action for Transforming Stress into Happiness
  • The Law of Attraction: The Basics of the Teachings of Abraham
  • The Zombie Room
  • The Book of Awakening: Having the Life You Want by Being Present to the Life You Have
  • The Road Less Traveled: A New Psychology of Love, Traditional Values and Spiritual Growth
  • Reinventing the Body, Resurrecting the Soul: How to Create a New You
  • The Book on the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are
  • The Teachings of Don Juan: A Yaqui Way of Knowledge
Amit Ray is an enlightened spiritual master in the Himalayan Yoga and Vipassana tradition. He is also famous for his contribution on Quantum Computing and Artificial Intelligence. He began sharing his experiences after a series of transformative spiritual awakening. He is a man who attained complete realization of the Infinite. He is a man of compassion and love.
In his Himalayan Centre at
“If you want to conquer the anxiety of life, live in the moment, live in the breath.” 824 likes
“Om is not just a sound or vibration. It is not just a symbol. It is the entire cosmos, whatever we can see, touch, hear and feel. Moreover, it is all that is within our perception and all that is beyond our perception. It is the core of our very existence. If you think of Om only as a sound, a technique or a symbol of the Divine, you will miss it altogether. Om is the mysterious cosmic energy that is the substratum of all the things and all the beings of the entire universe. It is an eternal song of the Divine. It is continuously resounding in silence on the background of everything that exists.” 219 likes