Start by marking “Mickey's Christmas Carol” as Want to Read:
Mickey's Christmas Carol

Mickey's Christmas Carol

Relive this wonderful Disney classic film in a beautiful, hardcover, 96-page classic storybook that accurately captures the movie magic and places it right into a child's hands. With every turn of a page, adventure unfolds to create memories that will last a lifetime.
Hardcover
Published by Mouse Works (first published 1983)

To ask other readers questions about Mickey's Christmas Carol, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mickey's Christmas Carol

La Coccinelle
Dec 22, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
I've never really understood why this is called Mickey's Christmas Carol, since Mickey Mouse plays Bob Cratchit... and it's not really his story.

In any case, this is an accessible version of the Dickens classic, shortened and secularized and made more palatable for kids. (Although, I did find the implication that Scrooge's chains would be there no matter what he did--just perhaps not as heavy as Marley's--a little weird. Was that in the original? What motive did that give Scrooge to change if he
Stephanie ((Strazzybooks))
One of my favorites and the ebook has photos from the movie. 💚🎄
Shirley Revill
Published some time ago but worth looking out for. My children and grandchildren loved this book. Recommended.
Sam Chamblin
Dec 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: declan-s-books
This book is adorable. It tells the story of a Christmas carol but makes it easier for little ones to understand. Declan laughed as I did the voices of Scrooge Mcduck
Audrey
This is Walt Disney's version of "The Christmas Carol." It gives children an introduction of the classic. It is beautifully decorated using Mickey Mouse and his friends as the characters in the story.
Elizabeth
Jun 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Disney and Christmas lovers
Shelves: children, christmas
I loved watching Mickey's Christmas Carol as a girl, so I love(d) seeing that movie illustrated so well in this book.
Erik
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: peirce
The first multi-session book we my kid and I (3yo) read!
Amelia
Dec 08, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-aloud
The storyline felt really rushed. I think the only way it would have made sense is if the kids had already seen the Disney animated movie. Also, the Adobe ePUB version I read through Overdrive via my local library was awful. The pictures were always out of alignment with the frame and there was no way to fix it. Disappointing.
Jaime Contreras
Oct 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
I read this to my children during the Christmas season. they were able to appreciate the classic tale as retold by the Disney cartoon characters. The book is beautifully illustrated and easy to read. You will enjoy this book.
Rebecca (everyday reader)
Love this adaptation to Dickens classic story.
kevia Taylor
Feb 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All the books is mid
Sydney
Dec 06, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love the Disney incorporation into this classic Christmas story!
ABC
Dec 20, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: younger-kids
Not nearly as good as the real thing, of course. But if one must mix Dickens and Disney, this passes as acceptable. Sort of.
Kristy
one of my favorites.
Sally
Eeee, I loved the cartoon of this so much! I had totally forgotten I had the book as well!
Jéssica Amaral
Aug 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read it in my childhood and, omg... Disney was in all my childhood ❤ ...more
Shauna
Dec 12, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this to my 2nd grade class. We are going to see the play put on by tthe high schoolers next week.
Patricia
We read the digital book. It was cute.
Ashten Wolff
Classic tale a A Christmas Story played by the Mickey Mouse characters.
Lauren
Feb 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christmas, childrens
I always found A Christmas Carol to be sad. I thought it was interesting how the Disney characters were incorporated and who played which part.
Dec 23, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: kids & Disney fans
Shelves: young-reads
Dickens' Christmas Carol told Disney style.. Mickey Mouse as Bob Cratchett. We all know how it ends, but its a nice way to introduce young children to a classic.
Angelika Reimer
Jun 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just fell in love with this book! The characters are so lovable.The pictures are detailed. The lessons that the book gives are ones that we all need.
Marybelle
  • Mickey Mouse's Picnic
  • Walt Disney's Mickey and the Beanstalk
  • Disney's Lady and the Tramp: Classic Storybook
  • Magic Fish
  • Elmo Says Achoo! (Sesame Street)
  • Disney's Storybook Collection
  • Mother Goose
  • The Story of the Nutcracker Ballet
  • Disney's Mulan Classic Storybook (The Mouse Works Classics Collection)
  • Disney's Aladdin (Disney Classic Series)
  • Disney's The Little Mermaid: Classic Storybook
  • Merry Christmas, Curious George
  • Disney's Beauty and the Beast
  • Corduroy's Christmas Surprise
  • Toy Story 2: A read-aloud storybook
  • The Nutcracker
Note: The decision was made to consolidate all Disney publications under the name Walt Disney Company. This profile is for Walt Disney, the characters he created, and the company he founded. Any questions, please ask in the Librarian's Group.

Walter Elias “Walt” Disney (December 5, 1901 – December 15, 1966) was an American film producer, director, screenwriter, voice actor, animator, entrepreneur,