Start by marking “Rachael Ray's 30-Minute Get Real Meals: Eat Healthy Without Going to Extremes” as Want to Read:
Rachael Ray's 30-Minute Get Real Meals: Eat Healthy Without Going to Extremes

Rachael Ray's 30-Minute Get Real Meals: Eat Healthy Without Going to Extremes

3.63  ·  Rating details ·  1,003 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
No pasta? No dessert? No way! Everything in moderation, says Rachael Ray. After all, some days only chocolate or spaghetti will hit the spot.

In Rachael Ray’s 30-Minute Get Real Meals, the bestselling cookbook author and Food Network star serves up another helping of creative, hassle-free recipes that are ready to rock your tastebuds in less than thirty minutes. The latest
Published August 17th 2010 by Clarkson Potter (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Rachael Ray's 30-Minute Get Real Meals, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rachael Ray's 30-Minute Get Real Meals

Jan 14, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
I collect cookbooks like bad metaphors. Can't help it. I rarely use them - but I like them and I buy them and then they go on my shelf. This cookbook is the exception. I have actually made things from this book! It's quite shocking.

My favorite recipe is the Indian Summer Turkey Chili. I love making this and would eat it with a shovel if I could. I top it with finely shredded sharp cheddar and sour cream - and serve my cayenne cheddar corn muffins on the side. PERFECTION!

I also made the Hazelnut
Jun 02, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
Rachel Ray makes me uncomfortable, I just feel so bad for her. I realize that may sound ridiculous, she's certainly not hurting for dough (no pun intended.) But Ray may very well be the second most disliked person in America, second only to George Bush. Plenty of people are annoyed by her. That is not my bone of contention. My problem is her dorkiness; I cringe every time she says things such as, "Yumm-O!" "Please," I implore, "please, Rachel, you're only making things worse." It is sort of like ...more
Anne
Sep 02, 2007 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
There are some good homey thing to make in here but this is a home cooks go to book, not a chef's cookbook. This should be clear. But its nice though it actual recipes that the average person might make, if thats what you are looking for.
Tammy
Jun 03, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Uninspired

Rachel Ray repeatedly states she does not like low carb cooking, and seems to dislike the very recipes she's published in this book. She seems to have disdain for people who needs to live a low carb lifestyle. I read this book, hoping for new inspiration for gluten free/low sugar cooking, and was disappointed in the author's attitude and lack of innovation. It would be nice if she had approached this book with the same enthusiasm that she demonstrates on television and in other cook bo
Kimberly Ann
Although I really do like her cooking show, I find Rachel delightful, I do not find her cookbooks delightful. For me a BIG part of the appeal of a cookbook is format. I find Rachel Ray's cookbooks are of a cheap and unappetizing format, so that I really do not look at the recipes. I also do not like her "cutsie" way of naming things.

The format is plain paper, blue & pink printing of the ingredients & bold blue printing of the directions. There are very few photos, and they are that yello
Dixie Diamond
I said this about the 2, 4, 6, 8 book: None of this sounds bad, but it still sounds a lot like the stuff I cook when I'm eating alone and want to use up stray ingredients in the most palatable possible way. This is good in a sense: The ingredients are mostly common, easy to get, or easy to substitute if the store is out of, say, endive (spinach in my house). No problem. But if I cook this way when winging it, I don't really need the book.

It occurred to me at some point, too, that her cookbooks k
MerBear
Dec 22, 2007 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Cooking Fanatics
The main reason why I gave only this book 2 stars is that most of these recipes involve expensive and obscure ingredients. As a newlywed on a tight budget when I got this book, cooking these recipes was far from a reality. Nowadays, I am getting into this book more and more. I still like Ray's other books better that this one, even though this book offers the healthiest alternatives.
Michelle H
Jan 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There are some good looking and healthy recipes in this book. It is not an easy book to read before a meal because you get hungry. She provides a good variety of dishes. Nothing looked too complicated or advanced. I plan to try a few recipes from the book.
Christy
Jan 30, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I hate the whole notion of low-carb living as it is, so I was annoyed with this book in the first place, but it's also poorly put together - light-colored, swirly-curly fonts make it hard to read, and there are almost no illustrations. Big no-no for a cookbook.
Sylvia
Mar 19, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
Typical Rachael Ray cookbook. Quick recipes, that take a little more than 30 minutes to make, though, unless you're willing to make a huge mess while you're cooking.
Tanya Harrison
Jun 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I own this recipe book. The food is delicious and the book is beautiful! I love the lettuce wraps.
Linda
Dec 28, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
I haven't tried cooking anything yet but I have about a dozen recipes bookmarked. Looks like some interesting meals in there.
Jen
Apr 12, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some pretty good and easy low-carb-ish dishes.
Brigitte
Good if you do the lo carb thing. But nothing is very low in fat.
Garbacik
Mar 30, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I didn't try even one recipe from this book.
Trina
Oct 01, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
im sorry to say but i dont really care for racheal ray, (my older sister disagree of corse) Her recipes are mismatched and the ingreadents just dosent mix well.
Jaena Rae
Aug 30, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Birthday present from my best friend. Years ago.
Julie
May 01, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cooking
30 minutes is after all of the prep work as been done which can sometimes take up to an hour or more. The ingredients were not easy to come by, but they usually did taste good.
Beka
Jan 30, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Not very inspiring.
Derise Rehm
Sep 22, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When the low carb craze was happening!! I still pull it off of my shelf
Sara
Reem Jokhadar
Jan 07, 2015
  • Quick Fix Meals: 200 Simple, Delicious Recipes to Make Mealtime Eas
  • The Martha Stewart Living Cookbook: The New Classics
  • Food Network Magazine Great Easy Meals: 250 Delicious Recipes for the Whole Family
  • Paula Deen's Kitchen Classics: The Lady & Sons Savannah Country Cookbook and The Lady & Sons, Too!
  • Weight Watchers All-Time Favorites: Over 200 Best-Ever Recipes from the Weight Watchers Test Kitchens (Weight Watchers Cooking)
  • Taste of Home: Simple & Delicious Cookbook
  • More Make It Fast, Cook It Slow: 200 Brand-New, Budget-Friendly, Slow-Cooker Recipes
  • Tyler Florence's Real Kitchen: An Indespensible Guide for Anybody Who Likes to Cook
  • More Diners, Drive-ins and Dives: A Drop-Top Culinary Cruise Through America's Finest and Funkiest Joints
  • Bobby Flay's Throwdown!: More Than 100 Recipes from Food Network's Ultimate Cooking Challenge
  • Molto Gusto: Easy Italian Cooking
  • Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Recipes for Entertaining
  • Slow Cooker: The Best Cookbook Ever
  • Real Simple: Meals Made Easy
  • Weeknights with Giada: Quick and Simple Recipes to Revamp Dinner
  • Even More Top Secret Recipes: More Amazing Kitchen Clones of America's Favorite Brand-Name Foods
  • A Love Affair With Southern Cooking: Recipes And Recollections
  • The Minimalist Cooks Dinner: More Than 100 Recipes for Fast Weeknight Meals and Casual Entertaining
Rachael Domenica Ray is a two-time Emmy-nominated television personality and author. She hosts the syndicated talk/lifestyle program Rachael Ray and two Food Network series, 30 Minute Meals and Rachael Ray's Tasty Travels. Ray has also written a series of cookbooks based on the 30 Minute Meals concept, and launched a magazine, Every Day with Rachael Ray, in 2006.

Prior to the launch of her talk sho
More about Rachael Ray...