Start by marking “La Bonne” as Want to Read:
La Bonne

La Bonne

3.72  ·  Rating details ·  86 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews

A young woman from the mean streets of modern Europe finds true love in the ranks of the aristocracy…in the most untraditional way.

How do you get a playboy prince to take an arranged marriage seriously, especially when his fiancée is eighteen and as innocent as fresh snow? Hire a young woman from the wrong part of town to turn her into a mantrap, of course.

But what happe

Published March 13th 2007 by Samhain Publishing, Ltd.

To ask other readers questions about La Bonne, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about La Bonne

Jan
Jan 23, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jan by: Jill Sorenson
This story caught my interest thanks to a raving review at Dear Author.

There aren't a lot of FFM ménages out there, and I had never read one before, so I was quite curious.

I absolutely loved it!

The main character is a girl who's made some bad choices in her life, met some bad men, and ended up being arrested for soliciting, even if that was mainly a misunderstanding. Thanks to the detention program, she finds herself as a servant in the house of Cheroigne, where she ends up being the personal m
Jill Sorenson
Sep 10, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I originally gave this one 4/5 stars but I reread it in prep for a review and appreciated the story even more the second time around. This is an A or A- book, totally captivating, the best f/f/m menage romance I've ever read. The author uses some of my least favorite elements (wealthy playboy hero, modern aristocracy, first person POV) but manages to weave an erotic, timeless, charmingly non-traditional love story.

I'll write a longer review for Dear Author, with more squeeing.
M A
Feb 21, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Michele de Lully is probably one of the greatest authors of erotic romance I've ever read. It kills me she's only authored three jewel-like novelas, but even if she never publishes again these books set a unique standard in erotic romance and erotica. Her prose is ice-cream smooth and insouciant, her themes well beyond the pale at times, and yet she engages reader emotions and expresses theme, beautiful and effortless as a swan's glide across a tranquil lagoon. Characters boast remarkable depth ...more
Tara
Feb 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sexy, frothy, so much fun to read. Felt like a fairy tale set in our world.
holly quigley
Jan 20, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was such a sweet little read, I'm torn between 4 and 5 stars. I think the only reason I hesitate on the "Total Perfection 5 Star" rating is that in the end, the dialog for the resolution was a little too easy. I know that sounds odd, but it's the only way I can put it - there was just the part near the end where I was reading along and squinting a little because it was too much like, "You like me? But I like you! But we both like her!"

Other than that, I have to agree with the review before
Bree
I'm one of those quirky sorts who would much rather read threesomes & moresomes with more than one heroine. (And if I don't get at least one lady for every couple of dudes, I am out of there. Sorry, dudes. I like you better in moderation.)

I buy most of the m/f/f romances I come across, since there just aren't that many out there to start with. I'd missed this one (or I'd overlooked it due to the blurb, which does not do it justice) but I saw a review on Dear Author and decided to pick it up.
Las
Mar 21, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, erotic
Considering the characters and the plot, the contemporary setting didn't make a bit of sense. It was extremely distracting... an arranged marriaged? A young woman completely clueless about, well, everything? I would have happily suspended disbelief if this had been a historical (I don't care the slightest bit about historical "accuracy"), but since it's a contemporary I just couldn't accept some things.

I was a bit surprised at how emotional this book was. I just saw it was an FFM and thought, "
Stace
Jan 23, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This should have been the kind of book I liked. Instead I was left wondering if it was even the same book the other reviewers had commented on. I have been known to suspend belief in order to enjoy a book, which you definitely have to do with this story, but I had to fight to find anything I liked. The writing wasn't horrible but I didn't like any of the characters. The "maid" kept seesawing between jealousy and "love"....the "princess" went from innocence to nympho...and the "prince" couldn't d ...more
Niki
Janet
Oct 26, 2011 rated it it was ok
I was going to click my Hawt shelf but it really wasn't. More like 1 1/2 stars. I didn't believe in any of the characters. They were all caricatures or stock types: take off the shelf, one olive-skinned aristo, throw in an angelic blonde princess. It didn't even work on a fairytale level.
Joy
Jan 25, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romantica
A solid reminder that menage erotica is usually not good. At best this was silly.
Cara Ellison
Feb 10, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Supersexy. Possibly the most erotic menage story I've ever read. Wonderful.
Kj
May 30, 2014
Shana
Nov 14, 2012
Kelly Lewis
rated it did not like it
Mar 10, 2015